Solskjaer

SirAF

Ageist
Press conference now, Ole confirming that he and his family made the decision to stay before he met with Røkke to clear the air.

Røkke doesn't want to blame anyone for the mess, and says that if the press absolutely need to blame someone then they should blame him.

DevilRed

And it's now breaking news on SSN: "Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will not be Aston Villa manager"
Good on him. Another year at Molde to hone his managerial skills and enhance his reputation. No point going to a no hope club like Villa who don't have any transfer budget to speak of. With his growing reputation he could land a bigger job in a few years time.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Got Latvian club FK Ventspils in the Champions League.

First leg 17/18 July second leg 24/25 July. Ages away

Eirik Raude

If they get to the play-off rounds, then they are guaranteed a place in group stages of either CL or EL. Any of those would be fantastic. Can't wait for the first match against Venstpils, it's about time we get to see some European action in Molde again.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Which is ridiculous given they are champions of their country.
They only have to play other teams champions. They cannot draw teams from Italy, England (obviously), Spain, Portugal, France, Germany, etc.

Ask them if they would rather play Ventspils, Dinamo Zagreb and The New Saints or Fenerbahçe and Udinese?

Admittedly they could have to beat Ventspils followed by FC Basel followed by Anderlecht followed by Celtic but the chances of that are tiny.

Actually I'm not sure that draw is possible, I think they assume the highest seed wins and do multiple draws at once, and assuming both Anderlecht and Celtic are high seeds they cannot then play both.

Either way, 4 50/50 chances against teams from crappy leagues and they are through to the Group Stage. It happens for some teams every year.

Laphroaig

It's Molde - Rosenborg in the cup tomorrow?! Shit, I'll be watching that. (For non-noggies, not only is Rosenborg Norway's comfortably biggest team, although not the best anymore, it's also Molde's main rivals.)

IL_DUCE

It's Molde - Rosenborg in the cup tomorrow?! Shit, I'll be watching that. (For non-noggies, not only is Rosenborg Norway's comfortably biggest team, although not the best anymore, it's also Molde's main rivals.)
Even I as a Rosenborg supporter accept this.

One should however add that Rosenborg;
- are in the middle of a generation shift
- have struggled with injuries on key players
- more or less has a new central line
- at the time is inferior to Molde in terms of available transferfunds (Molde is currently Norway's version of Manchester City ;) )

I look forward to seeing our young talents meet Solskjaers well-oiled machinery- but probably not the result.

I am impressed with what Solskjaer has achieved so far!

Eirik Raude

Even I as a Rosenborg supporter accept this.

One should however add that Rosenborg;
- are in the middle of a generation shift
- have struggled with injuries on key players
- more or less has a new central line
- at the time is inferior to Molde in terms of available transferfunds (Molde is currently Norway's version of Manchester City ;) )

I look forward to seeing our young talents meet Solskjaers well-oiled machinery- but probably not the result.

I am impressed with what Solskjaer has achieved so far!
In terms of transfer money available, Molde is definitely up there among the richest in Norway atm, maybe together with Vålerenga, with Rosenborg and a couple of others not too far behind. But the fact is that Molde has not used much of those transfer money, unlike City, so as a Molde and United supporter, it frustrates me that people use that comparison. And I have a feeling that you as a RBK supporter achieved exactly what you hoped for with that sentence :p

Anyway, I'm not as confident as some people seem to be. Rosenborg should have an advantage because they played a match this weekend, with Molde only having played 1 cup match since the long break. Also, Rosenborg tend to beat us more often than not.

It's not on tv?!
Sadly, no. Luckily I had tickets to go back home yesterday.

mboRa ndomHer0723

I'm attending! Can't wait for kick off!
What are your guys thoughts on Josh Gatt? A lot of people in US soccer are very high on the kid, but I have only watched him twice.

IL_DUCE

Molde 4
Rosenborg 3

An entertaining match. Molde was the better team and deserved the win.

Eirik Raude

What are your guys thoughts on Josh Gatt? A lot of people in US soccer are very high on the kid, but I have only watched him twice.
He has every chance to become very good. Fast as lightning that kid, and when he's on his best nobody can stop him. Still very unfinished, but the potential is there for all to see. When his touch and understanding of the play gets better, he will be unstoppable. Had a very good game again against Rosenborg, and an assist that was so good I was sure it was Eikrem who did it, until I saw the replay. Fantastic bit of skill for that one.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
I wonder if you can 'acquire' these games anywhere. Love Ole and want to watch his team play...

mboRa ndomHer0723

He has every chance to become very good. Fast as lightning that kid, and when he's on his best nobody can stop him. Still very unfinished, but the potential is there for all to see. When his touch and understanding of the play gets better, he will be unstoppable. Had a very good game again against Rosenborg, and an assist that was so good I was sure it was Eikrem who did it, until I saw the replay. Fantastic bit of skill for that one.
Thanks for the info. I have heard that he is extremely fast, but still raw with technique at this time. Its crazy how he got to where he is from just a few years ago.

I love Gatt. Second most exciting player in the league (behind Superwolff).
Thanks for the insight. Well I hope he keeps improving and it seems like he's at a good place to do so.

davisjw

I thought I read Ole recommended him to Fergie? Seems he needs to spend two season in Holland learning technique. Ole seems to have worked on his decision making.

He has a great story. Didn't start playing football until he was a teenager and spent a season in Austria before jumping to Norway I believe.

I've read a good number of US fans calling for Gatt's inclusion. Not sure an upcoming friendly in Mexico is the best time to do it though.

mboRa ndomHer0723

I thought I read Ole recommended him to Fergie? Seems he needs to spend two season in Holland learning technique. Ole seems to have worked on his decision making.

He has a great story. Didn't start playing football until he was a teenager and spent a season in Austria before jumping to Norway I believe.

I've read a good number of US fans calling for Gatt's inclusion. Not sure an upcoming friendly in Mexico is the best time to do it though.
My guess is he will be called in for the January camp, but if he keeps playing good I can see him getting a call for a friendly just so JK can take a look at him. Would be a nice sub to have and run at defenders.

Is there any chance that Ole will leave after this season?

Eirik Raude

My guess is he will be called in for the January camp, but if he keeps playing good I can see him getting a call for a friendly just so JK can take a look at him. Would be a nice sub to have and run at defenders.

Is there any chance that Ole will leave after this season?
Always a chance, as long as he keeps getting the results with Molde. Depends who would come after him.

Laphroaig

The friendly made me forget about Molde's qualifier. I turned on just in time to see a Molde make it 3-0 after a fine attack. Good result. Utter dominance the last ten minutes or so.

IL_DUCE

Molde was by far the better team. Ventspils didn´t look as good as last year though

Laphroaig

And the deal is that if they win the next round they have made it to either the group stages of CL or EL? The draw for the next round hasn't been done yet?