Someone's slashed Huntley's throat!

Cheltenham Red

Never argue with an idiot,they will bring you down
Live like what? In constant fear of his life? As a suicidal manic depressive with obvious mental issues, and no hope of ever tasting freedom again? You really think a playstation is really going to make any difference to someone such as Huntley? To an average prisoner, these things would be a luxury, but he's not your average prisoner, and you have no idea what sort of mental state he is in.
what a shame he is living in fear of his life,poor soul.Maybe it will give him a bit of an idea how those little girls felt just before he killed them.

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
I didn't rape or kill young children
You think only child-murderers should be tortured for the rest of their lives, or until other cons 'cut them to ribbons'. I think this should be extended to all criminals - that would sort out the crime rate.

We just disagree about where to draw the line.

Cheltenham Red

You think only child-murderers should be tortured for the rest of their lives, or until other cons 'cut them to ribbons'. I think this should be extended to all criminals - that would sort out the crime rate.

We just disagree about where to draw the line.
I see,you think dropping litter is as serious as killing a child.

Plechazunga

Alright then, we could grade the torture. Stocks for dropping litter, limbs hacked off for robbery, rapists forced to eat their own genitals, eyes gouged out out for murder, all of the above +3ft box for child murder.

It could be organised by some bearded men in special red gowns, speaking ecclesiastical Latin.

Cheltenham Red

Alright then, we could grade the torture. Stocks for dropping litter, limbs hacked off for robbery, rapists forced to eat their own genitals, eyes gouged out out for murder, all of the above +3ft box for child murder.

It could be organised by some bearded men in special red gowns, speaking ecclesiastical Latin.
you are coming round to the idea,all is not lost on you.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Where do you draw the line though?

If someone smacks me in the face with a bottle at the weekend and ends up cutting an artery or a drunk-driver runs me over, are you saying my parents won't be as bereaved as the parents of those girls killed by Huntley? What about my wife? And my son who will grow up without a dad?

On that basis, shouldn't people who kill someone through drink driving or pub brawls get the same treatment in prison?

It's very emotive and sad when young kids get killed but murder is murder and if you're going to propose extreme punishment for someone who kills a young child you need to find a pretty good reason to justify not giving the same punishment to people who end the life of an adult. Which is a very slippery slope...

lynchie

What about the bankers? Can we please do something about the bankers? And the illegals!

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Justice isn't decided by the victims, it's impartial. That's the whole point.
Actually it is. Restorative justice measures are used in over 50% of serious assaults. The victimgets an apology, the offender doesn't go to jail and is much less likely to reoffend than if he went to jail. The victims surveyed are also much better off than if a trial was pursued.

The irony is that when the victim is put first (as is the aim of RJ) the public (who so often claim that the justice system forgets victims) are not satisfied as the offender does not go to jail.

That is the irony of our justice system.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Actually it is. Restorative justice measures are used in over 50% of serious assaults. The victimgets an apology, the offender doesn't go to jail and is much less likely to reoffend than if he went to jail. The victims surveyed are also much better off than if a trial was pursued.

The irony is that when the victim is put first (as is the aim of RJ) the public (who so often claim that the justice system forgets victims) are not satisfied as the offender does not go to jail.

That is the irony of our justice system.
It's not decided by the victims in any real sense. If they said 'I don't want an apology I want them to be hanged' it would go down the impartial trial route.

032Devil

What do you want? Do you want them confined in a box for the rest of their lives, with a meal a day and nothing to stimulate their mind? That would drive any human insane and is torture. I think we may be against that in this country.

And do you think mental problems shouldn't be treated?
That's where he's put Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman.

Cheltenham Red

Where do you draw the line though?

If someone smacks me in the face with a bottle at the weekend and ends up cutting an artery or a drunk-driver runs me over, are you saying my parents won't be as bereaved as the parents of those girls killed by Huntley? What about my wife? And my son who will grow up without a dad?

On that basis, shouldn't people who kill someone through drink driving or pub brawls get the same treatment in prison?

It's very emotive and sad when young kids get killed but murder is murder and if you're going to propose extreme punishment for someone who kills a young child you need to find a pretty good reason to justify not giving the same punishment to people who end the life of an adult. Which is a very slippery slope...
I think if someone intentionaly kills another human being and that can be proved then that person should lose their life,the problem comes with proving the intention to kill.

Plech is just taking the piss and using all his word games.

I think anyone who pleads leniency on a scumbag like Huntley is a lilly livered cnut.

Maybe we should allow Roy Whiting to keep his pictures of Sarah Payne as it infringes on his human rights and would upset him :rolleyes:

Plechazunga

Not even then.

Aside from the barbarism, there's a more selfish reason, which is that I don't want to run the risk of being tortured for the rest of my life if falsely convicted of it myself. I'm prepared to run the risk of life imprisonment, as at least it's some sort of life. You could read, learn new things, think, write rhymes about Brad. Being tortured is right out.

Jopub

From Barca to Orient - back down to earth with a b
"Thomas..It's up for grabs now - Thomas, righ
Quite simply,

A man has no right over another mans life.

You are not the ultimate moral authority when it comes to decisions made on anothers life.

See films like the green mile and the life of david gale as examples of this.
Says who - you and a bunch of other so called 'civilised' observers

Once again when you take a choice to end the lives of two young girls for no reason at all you lose any fking so called 'rights'

You are a murderer yourself.
Maybe - you might say that but I'd call it ridding the world of utter evil scum and believe I'd be thanked for it

This is the thing you think you have some moral fking high ground believing yourself to be more 'civilised' than others. you and the pc brigade have actually come to believe that showing you are civilsed in this 'merciful' way is better than what we had before ....but that's just an idea an ideology, a theory, that simply amounts to somebody perpetrating a heinous crime and often getting the fk away with it

Fact is I'd say more people would not lose a second of sleep if Huntley were injected and simply put to sleep

Cheltenham Red

Not even then.

Aside from the barbarism, there's a more selfish reason, which is that I don't want to run the risk of being tortured for the rest of my life if falsely convicted of it myself. I'm prepared to run the risk of life imprisonment, as at least it's some sort of life. You could read, learn new things, think, write rhymes about Brad. Being tortured is right out.
ok ,a 100% certain conviction with video evidence.Ok then yes?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I think if someone intentionaly kills another human being and that can be proved then that person should lose their life,the problem comes with proving the intention to kill.
So somebody would get the same punishment as Huntley (Death) if they made a compassionate killing? They intentionally killed another human being, after all. What if you find out your daughter has been raped, and you kill the man who did it in a fit of rage? What if you get the wrong person? There's lots of examples of this. You're not going to get the right person every single time, and sentencing an innocent man to die to satisfy bloodthirsty people such as yourself is not what justice ought to be about.

Cheltenham Red

So somebody would get the same punishment as Huntley (Death) if they made a compassionate killing? They intentionally killed another human being, after all. What if you find out your daughter has been raped, and you kill the man who did it in a fit of rage? What if you get the wrong person? There's lots of examples of this. You're not going to get the right person every single time, and sentencing an innocent man to die to satisfy bloodthirsty people such as yourself is not what justice ought to be about.
why am I bloodthirsty for wanting to rid this world from feinds such as Huntley and Whiting.

If you get your tongue from Plech's arse for long enough you will realise the world will be a much better place without these people.

MikeUpNorth

I think anyone who pleads leniency on a scumbag like Huntley is a lilly livered cnut.
I think anyone who wants the state to be killing its own citizens as punishment has a very misguided view of morality.

MikeUpNorth

If you get your tongue from Plech's arse for long enough you will realise the world will be a much better place without these people.
No. A country where the state kills people as punishment very much won't be a better country. Take a look at where capital punishment is used and where it isn't.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
why am I bloodthirsty for wanting to rid this world from feinds such as Huntley and Whiting.

As Michael said, look at the countries where capital punishment is used and where it is not.

And would the world really be a much better place if Huntley wasn't living? He's locked behind bars, most probably for the rest of his life, and won't be able to cause any harm to anybody. He'll have to live with what he's done for the rest of his life.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Cheltenham Red

I think anyone who wants the state to be killing its own citizens as punishment has a very misguided view of morality.
No. A country where the state kills people as punishment very much won't be a better country. Take a look at where capital punishment is used and where it isn't.
It is my view and obviously from this thread I may be way off the mark but I will stick to it.If I have offended anyone then i'm sorry but I think the world would be well rid of these people.

Jopub

From Barca to Orient - back down to earth with a b
"Thomas..It's up for grabs now - Thomas, righ

Quite

It really does fking rankle that people in this day and age are almost hell bent on forgetting exactly what these evil bastards have done

In these two recent threads I can hardly believe my eyes at some of the 'leniency' and 'rehabilitation' stuff I've read about

It does seem that Jamie Bulger and these two girls and no doubt others just sit on the bottom pf a statistic 'dead and gone' pile while we make sure their killers are not too badly treated

If me being where I am with this is deemed uncivililsed then I'm happy with that but I really question just where the fk we are going to end up if this keeps going the way it is

Cheltenham Red

As Michael said, look at the countries where capital punishment is used and where it is not.

And would the world really be a much better place if Huntley wasn't living? He's locked behind bars, most probably for the rest of his life, and won't be able to cause any harm to anybody. He'll have to live with what he's done for the rest of his life.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
What purpose is there to keeping a child murderer alive when he will never ever be allowed to be free,waste of our money if you ask me.

I have seen first hand (not read in books or on tv) the way these scum get treated in jail.They swan around with a smug look thinking they cant be touched,I would give the guy who slashed Huntley a medal if it were up to me but thats the bloodthirsty savage in me,nothing to do with justice for those dead little girls who saw practicaly nothing of life and had it robbed from them by Huntley.

Cheltenham Red

Quite

It really does fking rankle that people in this day and age are almost hell bent on forgetting exactly what these evil bastards have done

In these two recent threads I can hardly believe my eyes at some of the 'leniency' and 'rehabilitation' stuff I've read about

It does seem that Jamie Bulger and these two girls and no doubt others just sit on the bottom pf a statistic 'dead and gone' pile while we make sure their killers are not too badly treated

If me being where I am with this is deemed uncivililsed then I'm happy with that but I really question just where the fk we are going to end up if this keeps going the way it is
I would be banned if I said what I really thought but I am happy to be branded a bloodthirsty savage also.