Son Heung-min

GlasgowCeltic

Maybe unpopular opinion, I think he is very selfish player. He is good player obviously but he makes bad decisions like taking a shot when teammates are in better position but somehow its not called out as bad decision.

IIRC it was more noticeable last season.
in fairness, he’s a striker really

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Maybe unpopular opinion, I think he is very selfish player. He is good player obviously but he makes bad decisions like taking a shot when teammates are in better position but somehow its not called out as bad decision.

IIRC it was more noticeable last season.
Agreed, I would say he is certainly a top tier PL player and could do a job for most teams but his composure is very inconsistent at times, as you say shooting instead of seeing the obvious pass. This usually goes under the radar as his finishing off both feet is really good.

Aboutreika18

Is there any news of us being after him or any news of him being unhappy? Not understanding this thread :lol:
What's there to understand? He's a non-United player and this is a discussion thread about him in the Football Forum.

If we were linked with him, there would be a thread in the Transfer Forum.

RashyForPM

Eh, I think Park's game was affected by us. His PSV days made him look like an entirely different player.
Maybe. Sir Alex turned him into a running machine, which all credit to him, he accepted without a fuss.

DarkLord

I would give a testicle to have a player like Heung-Min Son at Old Trafford. Son is a wonderful player who makes such a huge contribution that none of our attackers can even have a wet dream about. If Rashford is worth £200k a week, Son should be on £400k a week and being linked to Barcelona for £100m+.
Class player. I'd kill to have him at United.

el3mel

Didn't believe the result when I checked it now. Super hatrick holy shit. :lol:

Always liked him. So underrated.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yep world class counter attacking player for me, timing of his runs is superb.

Surprised he's not been linked seriously with a move away as he is 28 now but guess he enjoys London.

DarkLord

If he wasn't Asian, he would probably be linked with a move to a bigger club and worth £100 million. I'd say he is a more important player than Kane for Spurs. Pretty exciting to see how he and Kane link up with Bale.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
If he wasn't Asian, he would probably be linked with a move to a bigger club and worth £100 million. I'd say he is a more important player than Kane for Spurs. Pretty exciting to see how he and Kane link up with Bale.
I don't see how him being Asian stops that. If anything the financial benefits of having a player from a country like South Korea are usually a big reason in why teams sign players in the first place.

Why do you think Minamino is at Liverpool?

cjj

Supports
Spurs
I don't see how him being Asian stops that. If anything the financial benefits of having a player from a country like South Korea are usually a big reason in why teams sign players in the first place.

Why do you think Minamino is at Liverpool?
Not sure you've understood the context, as Minamino was a relative pittance too.

No Love

What are you talking about? :houllier:

DarkLord

Not sure you've understood the context, as Minamino was a relative pittance too.
Thanks for understanding the context of my post. Too many SJWs here who doesn't seem to get this.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
World class player. Seriously surprised someone like Madrid or Barcelona haven't signed him.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He's something else. Seems like he's hitting his peak round about now too. His composure is on another level.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
If i remember correctly he was bought as a substitute and bench option for spurs. He developed nicely and becomes a star player for Spurs.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
If i remember correctly he was bought as a substitute and bench option for spurs. He developed nicely and becomes a star player for Spurs.
No he was bought as a stater, back then Levy would never have considered £22M a bench player, his only opposition on the LW was Chadli, made 28 appearances in his first season. It did take him a season to find his feet, but boy I am glad he did, easily one of my all time favourites at Spurs in my lifetime.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I'd rather us get him than Sancho

Eeit: Didn't realize he's 28! Though he was like 24 :lol:
He's been forever in football it seems. Remember him already scoring goals for HSV, even before Leverkusen.

Hes got that knack of knowing where to be and when to run that any of our forwards would kill for.

macheda14

A front line including him and Kane is as good as anyone in Europe right now. They work so well together. Son is becoming one of my favourite non United players to watch.

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
One of my favorite players in the world right now. He somehow keeps getting better.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Good player, always seemed to be rated just below the likes of Mane, Salah, Hazard, still think he makes the top 10 wide forwards/wingers in Europe.

UmbroDays

He's such an amazing player

Fast, ambidextrous, movement, he has it all. Probably best striker in the league.

RashyForPM

He's such an amazing player

Fast, ambidextrous, movement, he has it all. Probably best striker in the league.
He’s not a striker. I’d say he’s the second best LW in the league below Mane and above Sterling. Kane is the best striker.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
World class player. Seriously surprised someone like Madrid or Barcelona haven't signed him.
Considering neither of those teams are really signing anyone let alone players that the club would probably value at around 100 mill I’m not that surprised at all.

Plus the idea of having to buy from Daniel Levy seems to put most clubs off.

Loon

:lol:
Wonderful player and, going on that documentary, a cracking lad and a real grafter. That celebration was annoying, and rightly so, Lingard used to do that level of cuntitude when he was useful.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
He wasn't linked to bigger clubs because they were unsure about his military service status until last year and this transfer window was hit with a global pandemic which meant big clubs just weren't going to splurge big fees for one player.

He'll be a dream signing for the big clubs because of how much fan fare he'll get in South Korea who's one of the richest Asian country and they've the money to spend on merchandise and day trips to the stadium once the whole pandemic is over.

Hackman2210

When Cardiff were in the prem - he was the best player i saw. Plays at a different speed to everyone else. Fantastic footballer. He would be a UTD legend had we had him from 20 onwards. Saying that it’s hard to create legends when the teams they play in are shite.

Considering neither of those teams are really signing anyone let alone players that the club would probably value at around 100 mill I’m not that surprised at all.

Plus the idea of having to buy from Daniel Levy seems to put most clubs off.
Theres a very real likelihood he will finish his career without a single trophy to his name. He must push for a move in the next year or two.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Theres a very real likelihood he will finish his career without a single trophy to his name. He must push for a move in the next year or two.
I imagine we’ll have one (maybe two) this year and then try and push for a top one next year.

Football has been turned on it’s head a bit. A lot of the classic trophy teams are in turmoil at the moment.