Son Heung-min

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Good player, always seemed to be rated just below the likes of Mane, Salah, Hazard, still think he makes the top 10 wide forwards/wingers in Europe.
I think he's there comfortably. I'd have him in the top 10 attackers full stop in Europe right now.

Messi
Lewandowski
Mane
Neymar
Mbappe
Salah
Benzema
Son
Ronaldo
Aguero

Something like that? Might be missing out on a couple obvious ones for but me Son is up there.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I think he's there comfortably. I'd have him in the top 10 attackers full stop in Europe right now.

Messi
Lewandowski
Mane
Neymar
Mbappe
Salah
Benzema
Son
Ronaldo
Aguero

Something like that? Might be missing out on a couple obvious ones for but me Son is up there.
Where's Jonathan Walters and Troy Deeney? Shit list

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Sometimes I feel he’s criminally underrated and sometimes a feel he’s vastly overrated. He’s not just ‘good’ and he’s not world class. He’s somewhere in between. Top player.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Sometimes I feel he’s criminally underrated and sometimes a feel he’s vastly overrated. He’s not just ‘good’ and he’s not world class. He’s somewhere in between. Top player.
I think so too but it's arguably because he's a team player. Those classed as world class players - especially attackers - are more often than not very selfish.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I think so too but it's arguably because he's a team player. Those classed as world class players - especially attackers - are more often than not very selfish. Son's just Son. Lovable old Sonny.
Well to be honest sometimes I think he’s too selfish.

cjj

Supports
Spurs

Messi
Lewandowski
Mane
Neymar
Mbappe
Salah
Benzema
Son
Ronaldo
Aguero

Bit weird to choose Aguero. He's been injured for ages and has properly gone past his peak now.

Kane's returned fully to form since the restart.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
When he first joined he used to have clear "purple patches" and would be frustrating otherwise. He was more of a winger then, whereas (despite universal ignorance) he was slowly turned into a more of a second striker, and that's partially where he's been quite consistent.

He still has head-down moments and, rather than being 'selfish', I think he's often completely oblivious to the play around him when he has the ball. I think that's generally something you grow out of as a player, eventually. Hopefully. I think that's what's limiting his plaudits a little.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He reminds me a bit of a Ronaldo (Cristiano) in the Madrid years lite. Explosive and deadly.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I think hes a great player.

However I'm personally not going to rate all of his performances by this season by him self.

This season both him and Kane are going to benefit from Jose because the guy has tactically only ever played with one type of striker- which Kane fits the mould of (Drogba, Milito, Benzema, Higuain, Zlatan). Likewise his wingers has always been sanchez, duff, robben, hazard, ronaldo, Pandev, Eto'o.

I'm not taking anything away from him - but the guy is going to benefit from Jose being his manager & for that I'm going to cool down on the fact that he could play the same consistency as this season for anyone else. Still rate him though.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Bit weird to choose Aguero. He's been injured for ages and has properly gone past his peak now.

Kane's returned fully to form since the restart.
Kane isn't better than Aguero and he's not the runner up for the last spot anyways - I'd have Aubameyang and Dybala ahead of him. Also a bit weird to cite injuries given Kane has suffered from the same but was fortunate in terms of timing - Kane got injured and rehabilitated during the break; Aguero was injured just after the restart and has been out for a similar period.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Kane isn't better than Aguero and he's not the runner up for the last spot anyways - I'd have Aubameyang and Dybala ahead of him. Also a bit weird to cite injuries given Kane has suffered from the same but was fortunate in terms of timing - Kane got injured and rehabilitated during the break; Aguero was injured just after the restart and has been out for a similar period.
Thats your opinion. I would have Kane over any of them.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Some posters need to give their head a wobble, Son is pretty much Spurs best player. He is a big game performer and gives 100% in every match, unlike the majority of our squad.

I would throw a deal worth £100m at him easy.
Wish we would spend £120m on this guy. He is a United player in a Spurs jersey, he is perfect for us.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Wish we would spend £120m on this guy. He is a United player in a Spurs jersey, he is perfect for us.
Actually he is precisely the kind of player Fergie would have signed were he still the manager today.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
You said "right now" - one has been out a while, the one has not.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What has been his goals / assists been over the last year? Feels like he does something every game he plays. Bordering on world class and hugely under rated IMO

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Weird that he isn't talked about in the same breath as the best in the league on a regular basis. Incredible player.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Son is an amazing player especially for 22 million. Even with United tax he might have been 35. Great player for that money. Great player in general!

If we don’t turn things around fast Son is going into my FPL team for Bruno. I’m tempted to just make the switch now because we can’t just keep getting penalties and don’t look creative at all but I’ll keep the faith for the Newcastle game.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
First 6 games he scored 8 goals and 2 assists (4 goals vs Southampton)

Next 14 games he scored just 4 goals and 4 assists.

Didn't score a goal in last 4 games.

Red_toad

Suffering the mid season burn, like many players do. See how long it'll take spuds fans to turn on him like Bruno is now getting it from certain sections of our fans.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Suffering the mid season burn, like many players do. See how long it'll take spuds fans to turn on him like Bruno is now getting it from certain sections of our fans.
The whole Spurs team is performing poorly under Jose. Spurs fans I guess knew this was coming.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

We tried to warn them that he couldn't keep up with how heavily he was overperforming his xG, it was unprecedented.

Sylar

He will suffer more without Kane right? I mean previously when he took over from Kane, Son at least had Eriksen and an in form Alli

Now Spurs lack creativity it seems without Kane dropping deep to feed in Son

romufc

There seems to be too many people over rating Son IMO. He does score alot of goals on the counter, similar to alot of our strikers.

Without Kane, he looks like half the player.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Their entire attack consist of Kane and Son and half of that threat has now been removed with Kane's injury. Also, both layers were massively outperforming their xG i.t.o shot conversion etc., so they were more likely going to drop down closer to the baseline. Still a magnificent player though, but half the Caf (if not more) saw this coming - especially if one of Kane/Son got injured.

MalcolmTucker

Aubameyang and Dybala above Kane currently? :houllier:

simplyared

He's signed upp for another two and a half years. Looking at the current situation at Spurs makes you wonder what he is thinking now.
World Class player who's not going to win anything !

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
He's the player in the league I'd most love to be at United. Bit harsh to start digging him out when he's got nobody creating for him now.

The reason he exceeds his XG is because he's such a good finisher. It's not a fluke and he does it every season.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

He does this every season. He’s a good but very patchy player. He’s much closer to Rashford/Sterling level than he is to the very best wide forwards like Salah.

Classical Mechanic

He's always been patchy. Probably because he scores a lot of lower probability goals which is unsustainable. A couple of his droughts have been really long.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He's always been patchy. Probably because he scores a lot of lower probability goals which is unsustainable. A couple of his droughts have been really long.
He does this every season. He’s a good but very patchy player. He’s much closer to Rashford/Sterling level than he is to the very best wide forwards like Salah.
Rashford and Martial got so much criticism because they never scored 20 league goals in a season but somehow Son gets rated so highly even though he never scored 15 league goals in a season.