Television Sons of Anarchy

Lastwolf

The next season is supposedly the last, I really don't see how he's going to eek out much more from the remaining story left.

Clay's got to live another 13 episodes somehow.

Dan

The next season is supposedly the last, I really don't see how he's going to eek out much more from the remaining story left.

Clay's got to live another 13 episodes somehow.
There's two more seasons planned.

kps88

Good God I don't think I could take another season of Clay being dead man walking. He was my favourite character during the first two seasons but it's time to kill him off already!

LARulz

Just started watching this earlier in the week. At the start of season 4 and Opie is firmly my favourite character (though wiki should have been avoided). How everything just works out for them is a bit annoying, there needs to some serious set backs they can't fully come back from. I liked the episodes in Dublin, always something happening.

LARulz

Got to the end of season 4, and I'll spoiler this just in case:

Why didn't Jax tell Opie about Clay killing his own dad and wanting Tara killed? Surely that would be OK and would show Opie he wants revenge just as much so they can work together. I get the not telling him about the undercover stuff but that part didn't make sense to me

twitter thread suggester
Just caught up with all the seasons. Good show, though the first two seasons are by far the best in my opinion. It's all become a bit too point of no return.

I am guessing Sutter is a big fan of GTA. It's like a TV show version of GTA with side mission and shit.

Cali Red

Opened some good (if not tired) plot lines. The school shooting is going to cause a rift with the Irish and the club. The drug addicted ex Marshall and Clay rolling over on the club could be interesting. I thought the whole Persian thread just to introduce the new hookers was a weird deal.

LARulz

Charlie Hunnam is such a bad actor.
He is shockingly bad for a lead man. I'm still bitter about Opie dying, he was one of the only characters I actually liked. The others are just meh.

The kid shootout was odd. Did his mum (the one staring at the clock at the end?) know he was going to do it or something? She seemed way to calm for somebody who would have found out her son just did something like that

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Just finished the episode. Honestly one of the most melodramatic pieces of crap I can remember watching. No doubt Kurt Sutter would call me a fecking cnut for saying that. He's probably reading every positive comment on Twitter from his moron followers and wondering why he can't get an Emmy.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He is shockingly bad for a lead man. I'm still bitter about Opie dying, he was one of the only characters I actually liked. The others are just meh.

The kid shootout was odd. Did his mum (the one staring at the clock at the end?) know he was going to do it or something? She seemed way to calm for somebody who would have found out her son just did something like that
I don't she received the news yet. The way I see it is that the mother is dating that thug (or is married to him etc etc ...), he is among the mexican gang who bought the guns from SAMCRO, the kid somehow had access to the weapon and possibility stole it. He had issues at school, bullied by the kids etc etc ...
It was the best thing about the episode because the rest was fecking garbage, the same usual over dramatic scenes, the same old boring control freak that Gemma is, the same old torn Jax ....

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Just watched the pilot, looks like something I (and her) can get into. We need a series in our lives now Bb has finished and GOT is 6 months away.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Started watching this about 2 weeks ago and have blitzed my way through the first 3 series and have seen the first few eps of the 4th. It's fecking awesome.

I'm up to where they've just got into bed with the cartel and started running cocain.

I believe there are 6 series of this. Has it finished or is it going to keep going?

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
I'm copying this over from my post in the newb thread. It has spoilers up to a couple weeks ago.

It's self-indulgent soap opera nonsense. How many episodes have been extended length? Who does Kurt Sutter think he is? He rants and raves on twitter about how groundbreaking and ballsy his show is but then he refuses to kill off Clay. Probably because he realizes what a bad actor Charlie Hunnam is, but hey, he made his bed.

He obviously has some weird sexual cuckholding issues that he insists on forcing the rest of us to watch. What was the point of the conjugal scene? It's trash. What was the point of the school shooting? The show doesn't actually explore the responsibility of the club for that. Instead it makes this cartoonish DA the evil one so that viewers can go back to rooting for the MC. He just exploits this stuff for shock value so that his sycophantic twitter followers will talk about how SOA is so intense and amazing.

Thankfully Donal Logue's character is dead, because he was as over the top as it gets. Where did he get that seemingly endless supply of favors anyway?

It's nice that they keep bringing up that bearded guys ex wife being taken advantage of because then we all get to watch these animals act self-righteous about the exploitation of women.

Then a couple episodes back you had the black cop calling off the dogs because "the club is an essential part of the town" or some other nonsense. How is that even remotely true? What does the club add to the town, except violence and brohugs?

Just a few days ago you had some random girl breaking a window and Jax ran after her through Main Street before she yells rape (seriously, what did he think would happen when he caught up to her?) in order to get away. But then it turns out that her dad is broke so Jax saves their house because he is a biker with a heart of gold who totally doesn't sell guns or forcibly inject heroin into recovering addicts or anything like that.

Then you've got Kim Dickens talking about how well she sucks dick and Walt Goggins explaining how he was molested. And all the weird shit Katey Sagal has had to do because this show seems to only exist so that Sutter can put actors into demeaning situations.

The worst part is that he thinks he is so goddamned clever. WE GET IT, Jax is turning into his dad / Clay and Tara is turning into Gemma.

Wow.
Wow.
Such symbolism.

Wow.

And what is the point of Unser? He is apparently supposed to be the show's moral center but now he is tricking some lawyer into being terrorized by Jax? Don't get me wrong, I am all for torturing lawyers but doesn't that neuter the moral authority he is supposed to have?

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Well you got your wish with Clay...

The plot is incredibly stupid but we are dealing with neanderthals (bikers) basically, not the smartest of organized criminals on the collective.

That's just me thinking as a writer, "If I were a biker gang member how would I..."

SOA bust out Clay, wack some IRA and Clay, double-crossing the DA and PD in the process, and set up an entire new problem that would be impossible to get out of in reality. So Jax has a get out of jail free card for the club, including his wife, and shits on it just to kill a few people. I call bullshit. Reality could easily have the feds nab the IRA and the club could wack Clay inside prison. Entertaining but utter shit.

Goooose

The latest episode was good. Overall the series sags in the middle (the whole Belfast story line was terrible), but it's really picked up since then.

Adebesi

Kurt Sutter is weak in the sense he doesn't wanna get rid of the now pointless Gemma character.Same goes for Clay
Half way through 6 at the moment and have to agree with this. Especially in the case of Clay.

Also. why do they insist on fecking around with the intro music all the time, with the Belfast episodes and then for series 6, in both cases the changes are rubbish (particularly with the Irish theme music)?