Television Sons of Anarchy

Cali Red

But it's Jax mom and Clays woman. She'll have a big role to play in how Clay and Jax fight it out. Jax is pushing her out of the club and she won't let that happen.

kps88

Hope they give Jimmy Smits a chance to show off his acting chops.

Danillaco

No love for this week's episode? Just brilliant! And the part with the guy from The Shield and Justified as a hooker? Was funny as feck!

Great episode all around again. This is an amazing show.

Danillaco

I'm still laughing at this wee's guest star and Tigs reaction. :lol:
Tigs' passion was funny as feck. Especially when gets asked "Really?", and then just looks up with shame, but not really. :lol:

Cali Red

Tigs' passion was funny as feck. Especially when gets asked "Really?", and then just looks up with shame, but not really. :lol:
It wasn't even a, not really. He would have been all over it. As Venus was taking the step son back he look at Tig and said "Jealous baby?" and he said "kind of".

Classic tv.

jem

That went on way too long. Cringeworthy.
Cringeworthy indeed. I honestly can't understand why people are so enamored with this show. Sure it's entertaining, and always worth checking out for that reason, but it takes itself way too seriously. The first two seasons were very good, but it's seriously lost its way since then.

I've lost count of the number of musical montages, always accompanying scenes of Jax poring over his journal and/or the Sons giving each other big, earnest man-hugs. They've even resorted to voice-over, which always spells doom.

Opie's funeral was almost too much to bear. It's like Kurt Sutter expects us to wallow in a poignancy that feels forced at best, manufactured at worst. That, along with the ludicrous Jax/Tara to John/Gemma crossfade at the end of last season, was surely a series low point.

jem

No love for this week's episode? Just brilliant! And the part with the guy from The Shield and Justified as a hooker? Was funny as feck!

Great episode all around again. This is an amazing show.
Walton Goggins is always good value. He's great in The Shield and Justified.

Danillaco

It wasn't even a, not really. He would have been all over it. As Venus was taking the step son back he look at Tig and said "Jealous baby?" and he said "kind of".

Classic tv.
Not to mention his face when Venus kissed Jax, and he was looking to him like he was lucky. :lol:

jem

This last one was the best one of the season. Little melodrama, a great revenge scene, some good scenes with Jax and Pope, and an interesting angle with Clay. Let's hope they keep it up.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Along with breaking bad its my favourite programme right now.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Ugh. What a horrible episode. Gemma really Britta-d that last scene. All of these characters are do contemptible. The only one I don't roll my eyes at is Unser. If Kurt Sutter had any balls he would have killed off Clay last season but apparently the Sons have an invincability cheat. How many dozens of times have there been car chases and bikes run off the road and bullets fired from close range only for none of the members to get seriously hurt?

As Jem said, the hugs are hard to take seriously. This is a soap opera for men.

kps88

Yeah that last scene was a bit silly. Do we really need more Gemma-Tara-Jacks shit. This was a real filler episode. The Joel Mchale stuff was completely pointless.

The way the show is being structured reminds me so much of The Shield. It's too early to kill anyone off if we're going to go seven seasons. I still think we're going to get some absolutely cracking episodes towards the end of this season and the show will really pick up once it nears the end.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
The episode last night was total bullshit, especially the thugs missing the guys on the bikes (with MAC-10s nonetheless) and Gemma falling asleep while driving with the kids (obviously to further create tension amongst the main characters).

Another point (many minutes after my post above)... the scene of setting up two of the guys at the former sheriff's mobile home was one of the worst script writing scenes I've ever witnessed in a drama series.

Cali Red

I don't even understand the purpose of last night's episode.
I'm with this. What was the point? No story lines were advanced and we learned nothing about any other story lines.

Clay is an evil genius but other than that it was a waste.

jem

Ugh. What a horrible episode. Gemma really Britta-d that last scene. All of these characters are do contemptible. The only one I don't roll my eyes at is Unser. If Kurt Sutter had any balls he would have killed off Clay last season but apparently the Sons have an invincability cheat. How many dozens of times have there been car chases and bikes run off the road and bullets fired from close range only for none of the members to get seriously hurt?

As Jem said, the hugs are hard to take seriously. This is a soap opera for men.
And it's so devoid of any irony. It's earnestness in the extreme. How about a man-hug Eboue?

Danillaco

Late as always for this. But what a crap episode. I hope Gemma died. And seemingly the kid too, but my guess is that he is just hurt.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I'm sick and tired of that old wrinkled bat that Gemma is and all the plots concerning her.This show has become to fecking repetitive with these mini plots :houllier:
This show needs some major characters to die ASAP

kps88

This whole Clay-Jacks showdown feels one season too late. They've already had their showdown, they just didn't have the balls to kill off Ron Pearlman at the end of it. I still don't get why he's alive. He should have gone at the end of last season. Now we're having to sit through it all over again. There doesn't seem to be a proper story line this season, just random shit happening one episode after another.

Mick1991

It's never a good sign when a popcorny type tv show starts to piss you off. Starting to feel like a chore watching it nowadays.

kps88

What a drastic drop in quality we've seen this season. I was fast forwarding bits of the latest episode.

Lastwolf

:lol: the perfume bit at the end I... just, what ... I mean ... wow what the feck, I had to cover my eyes at points, that was soo creepy and awkward.

jem

Well I've finally caught up on this ridiculously melodramatic (yet frustratingly addictive) show, and I must say that I hope the producers will have the good sense to conclude it with this season. I mean, how many more times can we watch Jax:

A. Bear-hug a Sam Crow associate at a meeting of some sort.
B. Glance meaningfully/suspiciously/menacingly at minority (Black/Latino/Asian) business partners at another meeting.
C. Stride angrily/manfully/purposefully away from the above-mentioned meetings.
D. Make annoying doughy eyes at Tara after one of the above-mentioned meetings (while reassuring that he still has an exit plan.)
E. Make disturbing doughy eyes at his mother after meeting Tara.
F. Tell all of the above (bar the minorities,) that he loves them.
G. Get on his bike, and hit the road to the strains of some second rate cover of an obnoxiously-rocking-rock song/syrupy ballad (that was second rate to begin with.)
H. Do a voice-over to all of the above.

jem

That old bat of Gemma.She's so pointless, why does she so much time on the screens ?
To be fair, none of the characters have really progressed during the course of the series (one of its chief weaknesses in my opinion.)

It's amazing to think that Kurt Sutter was involved with The Shield, a show that was very good due to, in no small part, its character development.
Has there ever been a more dramatic fall on TV than Vic Mackey's?

Lastwolf

I think Jax has certainly progressed as a character over the seasons, the rest of them... yeah not so much,

jem

Yeah and the final scene with Vic in the office is just spot on.You can't keep a ferocious animal in a cage
And yet there is really nowhere for Vic to go. SOA could learn a lot from The Shield regarding plotting and character development.

kps88

Getting better now, things are picking up. After a run of 4-5 terrible episodes the latest one was pretty good.