Sorry, but why is Rashford rated here? (Read the context)

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
The only reason you bumped this thread was because Rashford took a poor penalty and you saw a convenient way to get across your viewpoint once more. It strikes me as pretty crass and has nothing to do about constructive criticism at all because he literally played one minute of football last night.
You are entitled to your opinion, likewise I am entitled to bump or express any thread/opinion within reasonable standard of civil discussion.

Yes, my view is that Rashford lacks that extra bit of push in mentality to become world class. Is it wrong to have an opinion?

Football history is made on nights like these and we have seen plenty of other footballer(s) who got criticised for not delivering when it actually mattered the most. Rashford is not any different.

The racial abuse is horrific and disgusting. No rational human being would ever stoop towards that lowest level of being a human being and those who do should be called out for it with maximum measures taken against them.

Last edited:

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
It's the Foreign fans that give our club a bad name. Glory hunting muppets the vast majority of you. 90% of which would support Man City had you been born in the late 2000's. Anyone having a go at Rashford today is no United fan.
Good grief. What a beauty, eh. I couldn't wait for us to get rid of David Beckham or RVN. What does that say about me at the time?
We all have our preferences, just like how I preferred James to Greenwood on the right. Johnny foreigner, eh. Next United supporting will be limited to as far as Chester Rd.

Halftrack

It's the Foreign fans that give our club a bad name. Glory hunting muppets the vast majority of you. 90% of which would support Man City had you been born in the late 2000's. Anyone having a go at Rashford today is no United fan.
Feck off with the sanctimony, you windbag. Can you actually prove that it's foreign fans giving him pelters, or is this just a nice opportunity for you to rage about bloody foreigners?

stw2022

Anyone who criticises a United player for doing something they didn’t like at the time they did it isn’t a real fan*

* Does not apply to several players

Toad

This thread can feck off.

20 goals and assists across competitions and our second most important player and you slag him off.

Misses a pen where he got subbed on into immense pressure without any time to acclimatize, you slag him off.

Seriously, feck off.
This just sums up both Rashford and Sancho. At least they had the balls to step up.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He should have came on for Kane in the second half. Not 1 touch in the 18 yard box is shocking and he became useless when the ball was lumped up from the back.
He really really shouldn’t have. Southgate made the right call dropping him. Their forwards were fine up to the final. He wasn’t going to come on and change
anything like he didn’t in any of the other games or our games in the last few months of the season. He wouldn’t have done anything against that defence

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It’s weird that threads get closed a lot for not being posted in the right one - why is this allowed a thread and it is not just in Rashford’s performance thread?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Bit disappointed with some of the responses in this thread, what Rashford really needs now is our support. He'll have plenty more finals in his career, the abuse he received was disgusting. He's barely played all tournament then Southgate threw him in at the deep end for the biggest moment for in England in 55 years.

Green_Red

Bit disappointed with some of the responses in this thread, what Rashford really needs now is our support. He'll have plenty more finals in his career, the abuse he received was disgusting. He's barely played all tournament then Southgate threw him in at the deep end for the biggest moment for in England in 55 years.
There's zero value pointing that out to them, they have their agenda and they won't be budging from it.

Redlyn

So missing a penalty is now used as a reason to not rate rashford. I think we should have instantly sold Ronaldo when he missed his CL penalty. Our new boy Sancho should just be sent back to Dortmund. He's clearly not going to make it. Messi recently missed one. Another failure of a player.

thesheriffjw

Rashford is overrated by some naive fans on here.

Proven by the fact he is behind sterling, sancho, foden, saka and grealish in the england pecking order.

He is not and will not be a top drawer player unless he solely concentrates on football

Halftrack

Proven by the fact he is behind sterling, sancho, foden, saka and grealish in the england pecking order.

He is not and will not be a top drawer player unless he solely concentrates on football
No footballer solely concentrates on football, that's a pretty good way of burning out. If he chooses to spend his free time improving the world, then good on him. He shouldn't stop doing that just because random nobodies on the internet thinks it gets in the way of him playing football or whatever.

cyberman

He really really shouldn’t have. Southgate made the right call dropping him. Their forwards were fine up to the final. He wasn’t going to come on and change
anything like he didn’t in any of the other games or our games in the last few months of the season. He wouldn’t have done anything against that defence
Up until the Germany game Kane had done feck all and apart from the rebound pen did little v Denmark. Kane didnt have a good enough tournament that Southgate could keep him on v Italy. Its not a merit badge here, if Kane is anonymous v Italy (not 1 touch in the 18 yard box) then change it up. Italy were pushed high with 2 aging CBs not being troubled by a striker who cant run. We saw how a mobile Spain troubled them so it was crying out for someone to at least chase a diagonal ball and turn them. Italy were so comfortable they parked Emerson at the halfway line and built the attacks through him. At least Marcus threatens the space behind him.
Englands front 3 were dead and that cost them. Id have changed all 3 when Italy pushed up. Grealish, Rashford and Sancho as a front 3, stretch the play and dare them to pressure high.

Fingeredmouse

feck off.

Withnail

Yes, everyone knows all of the truly elite players don't have life partners, kids, hobbies, family, friends or business interests. They eat, sleep, breathe football never losing focus for a second.

Withnail

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

Except he’s only behind them when injured, as he had been majority of the year.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Like always, the truth is in the middle. Rashford is a good player with potential to be great. However, he's also overrated here since he moved to the first team. I don't know why he has not developed as we all hope he would have - but he needs to make that step up soon, like Luke Shaw did

big rons sovereign

How's brexit going for you?

Neymar

Not a peasant
Supports
Neymar & Messi
I've forgotten more about football than you'll ever know, quiet down. Without foreign fans there would be nothing.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Feck off with the sanctimony, you windbag. Can you actually prove that it's foreign fans giving him pelters, or is this just a nice opportunity for you to rage about bloody foreigners?
Leave him alone to drown his sorrows, along with the other hardman who said 'someone had to say it'.

As for the OP, we rate Rashford because he's a good player who produces good numbers. As simple as that.

MattofManchester

Yes, I'm sure the world will be a much better place when Marcus Rashford is focusing solely on football and decides he doesn't give a feck if poor, helpless children are starving.

Ah well, who gives a feck. Let them starve. At least Marcus is going to be a "top drawer" player, am I right?

Posts like these not only disgust me, but actually scare me.

LazyRed-Ninja

Leave him alone to drown his sorrows, along with the other hardman who said 'someone had to say it'.

As for the OP, we rate Rashford because he's a good player who produces good numbers. As simple as that.
it depends how we define ‘good’. If we take a look at the goals in the Premier league, Rashford had his best tally in the 19-20 season with 17 goals. The other 5 seasons have been 11 max.

this also boils down to the question what do we actually expect Rashford to be? Many agree that he isn’t a traditional striker. Left winger? That would be the position he should focus on, no?

the overall theme of this thread is that Rashford is indeed a talented player, but he will enter his 7th season and we are still discussing what his best position is. I’m of the opinion that he lacks that ‘killer mentality’ to become world class.

does every player need to become world class? If they can, why not?

can every talented player become world class? Absolutely not.

siw2007

It was a shocker of a penalty, it will take him a while to get over it. I still think however the whole penalty shoot out situation was badly misjudged by Southgate and set him up to fail.

It is however not the time to be sticking the boot in. Posts about his poor form this calendar year or putting his talent down are not helpful and distasteful right now.

Rashford represents our club on and off the pitch superbly. This is the time we should be getting behind him and supporting him against racists and those who can’t wait to put the blame onto him.

LazyRed-Ninja

Like always, the truth is in the middle. Rashford is a good player with potential to be great. However, he's also overrated here since he moved to the first team. I don't know why he has not developed as we all hope he would have - but he needs to make that step up soon, like Luke Shaw did
That is the overall theme of this thread, no bashing, just genuine questions. Rashford will enter his 7th season and we are still discussing what his ideal position is.

He still has time on his side but time wont suddenly make a talented player into a world class player.