South Africa vs India

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Those last two wickets he got were absolutely shite deliveries.

No idea how India won that - more a case of SA chucking it away IMO.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

I don't doubt that SA choked it but the previous Indian Teams wouldn't have even tried for a win whereas we were quite good in our bowling after the Smith Wicket.

zing

Zingle balls

We got shit bowlers, but our team of late never throws in the towel. You should just watch our test team at home. It never makes sense how we win matches. Flat wickets, rubbish bowlers, match looks like a snooze fest and suddenly there's an inspired spell of bowling, some brilliant catching, fielders hitting the stump and the crowd's going wild not knowing how it's all happening and we just win in a confused daze. I've been watching this for 2 years and I have no idea how it happens. We have a lot of talent, but we win a fair amount of matches we have no right to.

I think a billion people hunched in front of their TV set has something to do with it.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
We got shit bowlers, but our team of late never throws in the towel. You should just watch our test team at home. It never makes sense how we win matches. Flat wickets, rubbish bowlers, match looks like a snooze fest and suddenly there's an inspired spell of bowling, some brilliant catching, fielders hitting the stump and the crowd's going wild not knowing how it's all happening and we just win in a confused daze. I've been watching this for 2 years and I have no idea how it happens. We have a lot of talent, but we win a fair amount of matches we have no right to.
Perhaps.

Bizarrely enough i was still more impessed with SA's performance today than India's.

I'm not just saying that to wind you up, tempting as it may be with some of the shiite you Inidian cricket supporters put on here about us ;).

What's going on with Nehra?
Has he still got 'it'?

zing

Zingle balls
I didn't watch the whole match today, bit of a headache, but we looked shit whenever I watched. SA far better than us.

Nehra has bowled well after his comeback from injury, but last 2 matches he's gone for runs. By 'bowled well', I mean, he's been less shit than the others. Our ODI bowling is quite awful.

zing

Zingle balls
KM, what do you make of the Rohit Sharma conundrum?

I wish he'd shape up. Most talented cricketer we've had in a long time and he averages about the same as Harbhajan. Lazy twat. It's starting to look like it's never going to happen. IPL not much help, either.

I'd drop Vijay and open with Rohit.. one final chance for him, maybe.

I think the entire cricket watching populace of our country gives more of a shit about Rohit scoring runs than Rohit himself.. everyone is always willing him on, and he never fails to disappoint.

KM

KM, what do you make of the Rohit Sharma conundrum?

I wish he'd shape up. Most talented cricketer we've had in a long time and he averages about the same as Harbhajan. Lazy twat. It's starting to look like it's never going to happen. IPL not much help, either.

I'd drop Vijay and open with Rohit.. one final chance for him, maybe.

I think the entire cricket watching populace of our country gives more of a shit about Rohit scoring runs than Rohit himself.. everyone is always willing him on, and he never fails to disappoint.
He is still living on the innings he played in Australia IMO. Extraordinary talent, but has absolutely got no work ethic and as you said doesn't even look arsed sometimes. I wish some of these cricketers would look at how Gambhir has done in his career, despite not being one of the most talented batsman, he still manages to score loads of runs due to pure hardwork.

Sharma has got an average of 29 in ODI which is quite appalling for someone of his talent. Drop him along with Vijay and bring someone like Pujara who has the right technique and the right temperament.

BTW How good it was to see Munaf Patel bowling well consistently, if he manages to remain fit, than he could replace Ishant and for once we could've a decent pace attack.

zing

Zingle balls
He is still living on the innings he played in Australia IMO. Extraordinary talent, but has absolutely got no work ethic and as you said doesn't even look arsed sometimes. I wish some of these cricketers would look at how Gambhir has done in his career, despite not being one of the most talented batsman, he still manages to score loads of runs due to pure hardwork.

Sharma has got an average of 29 in ODI which is quite appalling for someone of his talent. Drop him along with Vijay and bring someone like Pujara who has the right technique and the right temperament.

BTW How good it was to see Munaf Patel bowling well consistently, if he manages to remain fit, than he could replace Ishant and for once we could've a decent pace attack.
Yes. He's very disciplined. Could do with a bowler like him tying one end up at least. Ishant doesn't even do that.

On the Rohit front, more than Pujara, I'm looking forward to seeing Manish Pandey debut.

World Cup squad gets chosen on Monday.

Munaf just bowled himself into it.

I imagine it'll look like this:

11: Sehwag, Sachin, Gambhir, Yuvraj, Raina, Kohli, Dhoni, Harbhajan, Zaheer, Praveen Kumar

+

1 seamer - Munaf Patel
1 spinner - Ashwin
1 all-rounder - Pathan
1 back-up wicket keeper - Parthiv Patel(although I think Dinesh Karthik is a better option, but seems to have fallen out of favour)

Rohit, maybe, if they think a back-up wicket-keeper isn't needed.

Would've liked to have seen Robin Uthappa in the back-up wicket-keeper slot, doubling up as a batting back-up.

KM

Agreed about your squad predictions, think this will be the squad we'll be picking for the World Cup. Although I think they could choose 19 players for the squad, in that case I think Sharma will be selected.

Usually I'm not a big fan of Pathan, but I think it's time to give him a chance in the team, instead of Vijay. Rohit should be also dropped but I don't think that there is sufficient middle order batsman backup in our squad right now.

zing

Zingle balls
Agreed about your squad predictions, think this will be the squad we'll be picking for the World Cup. Although I think they could choose 19 players for the squad, in that case I think Sharma will be selected.

Usually I'm not a big fan of Pathan, but I think it's time to give him a chance in the team, instead of Vijay. Rohit should be also dropped but I don't think that there is sufficient middle order batsman backup in our squad right now.
Only 15 allowed for the WC..

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
This Tsotsobe, he looked unplayable at times yesterday. Any history on this guy? I remember hearing his name before but he seems to have made an incredible leap since i have last heard of him. He was excellent yesterday as well as in the first ODI.

KM

They've called Parthiv Patel as an replacement.
:rolleyes:

KM

Our catching has been fecking outstanding so far. Virat and Zaheer have taken blinders.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Hats off to these South African pitches. It's delightful to watch cricket played there.

amolbhatia50k

I think a billion people hunched in front of their TV set has something to do with it.
This team is very strong mentally. Our bowling ability wise is nothing special. We seem to make up for that with a great team spirit.

Really wish we could find one more top bowler to assist Zaheer.

amolbhatia50k

Bloody hell. That was a bit of mental decision making from Raina. Morkel is having a storming game. Surely the sensible thing to do was to just play him out.

amolbhatia50k

Really poor cricket from us the in last 15 minutes. Two really really poor shots when we were controlling the game. That too against their two best bowlers.

KM

FFS Another stupid shot by our batsman, what was the fecking need of that shot when we need only 13 runs in 4 overs.

amolbhatia50k

FFS Another stupid shot by our batsman, what was the fecking need of that shot when we need only 13 runs in 4 overs.
Amazing, isn't it? Three really really unecessary shots when we were in great positions.

amolbhatia50k

Why can't lower order batsman leave deliveries outside off stump when they need to survive?

KM

Phew, Nehra takes the single off the first ball.
Big Relief!

KM

Get the feck in!

What a brilliant innings by Yusuf.

amolbhatia50k

Ravi Shastri acts like a prick at the presentation ceremony everytime we win. 'India have ONCE AGAIN come out on top, blah blah', have a little respect FFS.

wr8_utd

:'(
What a brilliant match. Bhajji and Zaheer really scared me at the end the way they were maniacally swinging their bat at every ball :lol:

Neutral

BTV
Ravi Shastri acts like a prick at the presentation ceremony everytime we win. 'India have ONCE AGAIN come out on top, blah blah', have a little respect FFS.
There was a time when he was ok, I didn't really notice the OTT partisanship at the presentation dais...but what gets on my nerves is how cliched he is. He never says anything original anymore, it's always well work cliches with the guy, and it makes his commentary stints painful to endure.

amolbhatia50k

There was a time when he was ok, I didn't really notice the OTT partisanship at the presentation dais...but what gets on my nerves is how cliched he is. He never says anything original anymore, it's always well work cliches with the guy, and it makes his commentary stints painful to endure.
You know, there's a time and place to be overtly patriotic. Earlier when espnstar used to have all the rights to tours of South Africa, England and Australia, the expert guests were usually Ravi Shastri and Gavaskar and possibly one ex player from the opposing team (Boycott was the best), and Harsha Bogle as the presenter. And I enjoyed the Indian bias because the telecast was for the Indian fans back home willing their team on. So when we lost there would be a mournful air about it all, and when we won aply there would be a celebratory one.

But when you're standing out there in a SA stadium infront of their supporters you have an obligation to be neutral and without a bias, especially when the home team have just lost such a close game. Poor stuff.

Stretch

You know, there's a time and place to be overtly patriotic. Earlier when espnstar used to have all the rights to tours of South Africa, England and Australia, the expert guests were usually Ravi Shastri and Gavaskar and possibly one ex player from the opposing team (Boycott was the best), and Harsha Bogle as the presenter. And I enjoyed the Indian bias because the telecast was for the Indian fans back home willing their team on. So when we lost there would be a mournful air about it all, and when we won aply there would be a celebratory one.

But when you're standing out there in a SA stadium infront of their supporters you have an obligation to be neutral and without a bias, especially when the home team have just lost such a close game. Poor stuff.
Yeah, I was not in the least impressed with Ravi the other day. It's enough that our team lost two such close matches.

However, I'm enjoying this series to the fullest. Exciting cricket that I've not seen in a long time. Just as you think one team is on top, the other one steps up.

Neutral

BTV
I see Parthiv Patel is in the side for India.

I remember him being a shit wicketkeeper and shit batsmen, is he still shit? I watched a bit of the 1st edition of IPL, and saw him in a few matches, he was ok at times, but clueless on other occasions.

How can he be an option?

zing

Zingle balls
I see Parthiv Patel is in the side for India.

I remember him being a shit wicketkeeper and shit batsmen, is he still shit? I watched a bit of the 1st edition of IPL, and saw him in a few matches, he was ok at times, but clueless on other occasions.

How can he be an option?
He's an alright batsman. Changed his game a bit after the IPL. Plays rather offensively now.

He was called in as Sachin's back-up, but not on the basis of his batting.. Dhoni's carrying a bit of a niggle.

Would've prefered to have seen them call up Dinesh Karthik or Naman Ojha.