South Africa vs India

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Yuvi has been brilliant in this match

KM

Rohit sharma, again proving the selectors wrong for not choosing him WC Squad :rolleyes:

zub2007

patel out now. kohli looks like a quality player. think south africa got too much runs for india to chase

zub2007

top catch it was, seems that the game is going away from india

zing

Zingle balls
If we can score at 6 for the next 10-12 overs without losing more than a wicket, we'll be in it.

zing

Zingle balls
I dislike supporting Kohli, but he's here to stay. Quality player..

wr8_utd

:'(
why? India is surely way behind in terms of the D/L...more than 25 overs have been played, RSA will be given the victory, if they can't get out there again.
Oh right sorry 31 overs up. Well then, Rain :mad:

Well we're not going to win this anyway imo.

Neutral

BTV
Oh right sorry 31 overs up. Well then, Rain :mad:

Well we're not going to win this anyway imo.
hehe...yeah you lot were done and dusted as soon as Dhoni got out for such a small score, and Pathan getting out looked to be the final nail in the coffin.

Shame for young Kohli, looked set for a century.

wr8_utd

Yeah I really want the rain to stop just for Kohli to get his century. He deserves it. Great knock!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
To be fair we're without our three leading batsmen - Sehwag, Gambhir and Sachin. So the bowlers have to make up for that loss.

KM

Kohli has been absolute brilliant and has edged out Raina in Starting XI, as Yusuf is a confirmed starter now.

Btw, I might have mentioned this before, but I've played cricket with Kohli before as he is my mate's second cousin :cool:

zing

Zingle balls
Raina loses out to Kohli at the moment, but when you have a direct comparison between Raina and Pathan, I would pick Raina. Pathan's a big hitter, but Raina's capable of scoring very fast too.

Shouldn't forget that the world cup is in the sub-continent. Raina's one of the best flat track bullies around.

Neutral

BTV
Yes, but Pathan gives you guys, something of another spinning option in the middle order. Not sure if Raina does the same or not?

KM

Yes, but Pathan gives you guys, something of another spinning option in the middle order. Not sure if Raina does the same or not?
Raina isn't a bad bowler at all, tbh and we could always Yuvraj as the 5th spinner, as a pure bowler I rate him higher than Pathan.

zing

Zingle balls
Best thing about ODIs is Amla can bat only 50 overs..

Neutral

BTV
Shocking collapse by RSA....even if they didn't power through and get a lot of runs, they should have saved the wickets, it would have meant a bigger D/L target for India.

250/9 from 46 overs translated to 268 run target in 46 overs, save 2 wickets(run outs in the last over) and it would have been another 12-15 runs....

Should be a fun chase to watch.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
South Africa win. Great innings from Pathan, another very good match between these two in a really enjoyable series.

Stretch

Raina loses out to Kohli at the moment, but when you have a direct comparison between Raina and Pathan, I would pick Raina. Pathan's a big hitter, but Raina's capable of scoring very fast too.

Shouldn't forget that the world cup is in the sub-continent. Raina's one of the best flat track bullies around.
He is but on current form I'd have Pathan. Though you should have both in the team tbh. Pathan in his current form can win you games single handedly.

zing

Zingle balls
Can't have both if you have Kohli in there. Unless you leave Yuvraj out in favour of Raina -- which I'd never do. Yuvraj's our 2nd best ODI player(and one of the best in the world) when on form. He's been rubbish for awhile now, but I'd still back him.

Yesterday, I saw some comments on the Guardian blogs doing a statsguru analysis of Yuvraj vs Michael Yardy. Do people even watch cricket?

zing

Zingle balls
As good as Kohli's been, if Gambhir comes back, I'd rather have an in-form Raina ahead of Kohli. Raina was sensational for the past 2 years, it's a shame his dip in form has come now.

Stretch

:lol: Yuvi vs Yardi??? That's just nuts.

I know Yuvi is a key player for you but I'd actually consider dropping him if he can't find his form asap in the group stages as you have guys capable of doing his job and who are in form. Raina might miss out though with Pathan's form.

KM

Sehwag, Sachin, Gambhir, Yuvraj, Kohli, Dhoni, Pathan- That's quite an amazing batting lineup

wr8_utd

Sehwag, Sachin, Gambhir, Yuvraj, Kohli, Pathan- That's quite an amazing batting lineup
And the perpetually out of form Dhoni as well who if he gets back in form would be brilliant.

However lets hope Sehwag Sachin and Gambhir get back to fitness. Yuvraj is still not as good as he was imo.

KM

And the perpetually out of form Dhoni as well who if he gets back in form would be brilliant.

However lets hope Sehwag Sachin and Gambhir get back to fitness. Yuvraj is still not as good as he was imo.
I forgot Dhoni tbh.

zub2007

What a innings by Pathan. Sad to see the top order fail. We played without a lot of big players in this series and played really well.

Am not to sure on Stats but i think Pathan played 33 dot players, that is just an amazing stat.

Once again Hashim Amla keeps on getting runs, what a great innings by him, the contrast with the two 100s.

Morkel stats for the ODI series were just awesome

No way can we leave Pathan out of our starting line up for the world cup. Kohli should get in, but i see him as a player who can play a long innings in terms of batting through whilst Raina and Yuvi are the big hitters. If Kohli gets in, its got to be either Yuvi or Raina dropped but i dont see Kohli batting at 4th and that why i would think he might be left out.