g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Music Spotify Wrapped | 2018 out

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
2018 one is out.

Brockhampton as my top artist, 27 hours listening. 28,000 minutes overall compared to 55,000 last year.

Can't seem to see the number of artists I listened too.

Hawks2008

Disappointed in myself this year. Uzi dethroned after 3 years of top song and artist.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Why do they do it so far in advance of the end of the year?

BD

Like last year I didn't use Spotify much, but here's my Last.fm top artist and album charts

Some amount of listening. I thought I listened a lot, but my top 5 artist scrobbles is about two thirds of your top 5.

But The Smiths are in top 5 too, and Bob Dylan 6th. In case that's in any way interesting.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Can't upload a picture now, but will share two interesting facts.

The oldest song I heard this year was "Hey Joe" by Jimi Hendrix

This thing gives me the information about which artists I listened to the most based on their zodiac signs and I have the same sign

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Some amount of listening. I thought I listened a lot, but my top 5 artist scrobbles is about two thirds of your top 5.

But The Smiths are in top 5 too, and Bob Dylan 6th. In case that's in any way interesting.
Yeah I do listen quite a lot :lol: I'm looking forward to Last.fm doing their end of year report things.

Somebody with The Smiths and Bob Dylan in their top charts is always interesting :D

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Mine is always the same. Fleetwood Mac, The Smiths and Joy Division making up 3 of the top 5 and then 2 other artists. This year it was XXX and Chvrches.

BD

Apparently they only use data up to Oct 31st as well. Wtf.
That's madness.

Yeah I do listen quite a lot :lol: I'm looking forward to Last.fm doing their end of year report things.

Somebody with The Smiths and Bob Dylan in their top charts is always interesting :D
Yeah I'm looking forward to the last.fm one too. This is the first year I've used it for a full year, so should be interesting. Although I listen to a lot on YouTube as well, but couldnt finda scribbler for that in my quick search unfortunately.

It's also interesting how we've similar tastes in that sense, but then I barely know Smashing Pumpkins and Weezer aside from the main songs, and don't know The Descendants at all. Maybe I'll try them in 2019.

nimic

something nice
Scout

I guess Spotify wouldn't lie.

I would add last.fm, but it only has data up to May of this year. Did Spotify remove the last.fm integration? Though I can tell you that in 2012 my most scrobbled (love that term) band was.. oh, Billy Talent.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Yeah I'm looking forward to the last.fm one too. This is the first year I've used it for a full year, so should be interesting. Although I listen to a lot on YouTube as well, but couldnt finda scribbler for that in my quick search unfortunately.
This extension works for multiple sites, Youtube, Bandcamp, Spotify web player etc - https://github.com/web-scrobbler/web-scrobbler. Scroll down for the links to the Firefox/Chrome download links.

It's also interesting how we've similar tastes in that sense, but then I barely know Smashing Pumpkins and Weezer aside from the main songs, and don't know The Descendants at all. Maybe I'll try them in 2019.
It's worth checking any bands out. That's one of the best things about Last.fm. All the recommendations, seeing what other artists people with similar tastes like etc :)

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Three lions 98 followed by three lions for me
Mine was similarly exposing, not that I'm easily influenced by what's going on or anything, but Rey Mysterio returned to WWE in a year that England did well in a World Cup, and my two most listened to songs were Rey Mysterio's entrance music (done by P.O.D) and Three Lions.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I wish Apple Music would show you this info but I suspect it’d just tell me I’ve listened to Stacys Mom 8000 times

Minkaro

Apparently the first artist I discovered this year was Squealer. I can't remember what song that was, or what they sound like, so that clearly left a lasting impression on me.

10,749 minutes of music this year. Top artist was Pain of Salvation, top song was Dance Macabre by Ghost. Top genre was rock.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
2017 vs 2018 (i have no idea why the 2017 image is so big)

Acole9

Outstanding
That's madness.

You really need to check The Descendants out.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Anyone beat 141,000 mins listened?

BD

My last.year is a bit messed up, but this is my artists with over 150 scrobbles in 2018. Ended on 13.5k songs scrobbled, but I listened to a decent amount of music on YouTube which wasn't being scrobbled (until @Olly Gunnar Solskjær showed me a scrobbler that works). Pity I can't see my 2017 as I'd say it'd have been dominated by David Bowie, Bob Dylan and The National. Surprised in a way to see them so low on this list.