g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Music Spotify Wrapped | 2018 out

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Yeah, Em was my top artist for the year and the decade.

Liam swept up though, 6 of his solo songs are in my top 10 for the year. Congrats to him and his family

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Recovery and Kamikaze were brilliant but wouldn't expect a mumble rap fan to understand that.
:lol: I like some mumble rap but I wouldn’t say I’m a fan. Plus that’s pretty judgemental. Would I be less intelligent and not able to ‘understand’ Eminem’s albums if that were the case?

My top this year have been Tyler, Brockhampton, Bon Iver, Frank Ocean, Isaiah Rashad, Toro Y Moi, Vampire Weekend and Outkast. But I’m sure regardless of what I put you’ll find something to say about it.

Eminem is widely regarded as past it (albums criticised so much that Kamikaze came out as a response to that and made him sound like a whiny bitch) and it’s definitely odd for him to be someone’s top artist of the decade. 90s Eminem was great though imo but not any more.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
:lol: I like some mumble rap but I wouldn’t say I’m a fan. Plus that’s pretty judgemental. Would I be less intelligent and not able to ‘understand’ Eminem’s albums if that were the case?

My top this year have been Tyler, Brockhampton, Bon Iver, Frank Ocean, Isaiah Rashad, Toro Y Moi, Vampire Weekend and Outkast. But I’m sure regardless of what I put you’ll find something to say about it.

Eminem is widely regarded as past it (albums criticised so much that Kamikaze came out as a response to that and made him sound like a whiny bitch) and it’s definitely odd for him to be someone’s top artist of the decade. 90s Eminem was great though imo but not any more.
Not even diehard stans would deny that he's past it. But he's still better than most in the industry (objectively speaking, not relative to his peak). This dropped today, I mean how many in the current climate can match that flow:

Answer: Not many, and the bloke is pushing 50 soon.

Why would it be odd that over the course of a decade he's that high up? He has had several great songs just this decade. And if you've liked some of his late 90s and early 00s songs and generally shuffle play he should easily be in any hip hop fan's top 10 for the decade.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Not even diehard stans would deny that he's past it. But he's still better than most in the industry (objectively speaking, not relative to his peak). This dropped today, I mean how many in the current climate can match that flow:

Answer: Not many, and the bloke is pushing 50 soon.

Why would it be odd that over the course of a decade he's that high up? He has had several great songs just this decade. And if you've liked some of his late 90s and early 00s songs and generally shuffle play he should easily be in any hip hop fan's top 10 for the decade.
I just think technicality is all well and good but you need more these days. Logic has an incredible flow but his songs are still mainly crap. I adored Eminem in the 90s and early 2000s but that sound is way past it now. I did try listening to his newer stuff and was willing it to be good but the beats sounded like he got them on Garageband and I’m not impressed just because he rhymes orange with door-hinge.

Minkaro

Just for reference, the songs (in order) are by Avantasia, Sabaton, Volbeat, Soen and Kissing Dynamite.

stepic

fka twigs was my artist of the year

top 5:

fka twigs
nilufer yanya
thom yorke
sharon van etten
julia jacklin

angel olsen artist of the decade.

the women are ruling.

stu_1992

Always enjoy seeing the stats for this stuff, though it isn't entriely accurate (I believe playlisted songs don't get counted). Tyler, the Creator was my top artisit for this year. Muse was my artist of decade which seems about right seeing as I've seen them live more than any other artist. :D