Spurs 2018/19

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Anyone know specifically how long Son is gone for? He tends to be the go to guy for Spurs when Kane is missing
Asian cup final is on 1st of February, with jet lag and travel I guess he'll be available for Spurs 2 to 4 days after at least. Assuming he comes back fit.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Could be without Sissoko, Kane and Son for a few weeks.
Start of the season I'd never have thought Sissoko would end up being a miss for them, he's ended up being one of their best players this season. Could start dropping points without them three.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
They are a pretty impressive team it has to be said. Eriksen and Son are such a handful.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
They are a pretty impressive team it has to be said. Eriksen and Son are such a handful.
I actually thought Son was fairly average today, didn't cause us many troubles at all. Normally though yeah he's quality

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I actually thought Son was fairly average today, didn't cause us many troubles at all. Normally though yeah he's quality
In the end yes but he does cause anxiety and on a different day he probably would have scored.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
You can tell how fit they are by when watching them play. They just run teams into the ground. Just a few weeks ago, they ran Chelsea off the park three days after working their socks off against Barca. Sensational work ethic.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Could be without Sissoko, Kane and Son for a few weeks.
Yeah to say that is a disaster is an understatement. We simply can't cope with the injuries we have had this season and it is remarkable we are doing so well regardless.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah to say that is a disaster is an understatement. We simply can't cope with the injuries we have had this season and it is remarkable we are doing so well regardless.
Spurs played 33 games this season already. Some players had very short breaks from the world cup. England and others have the nations league at the end of this season too. Players run 10k a game ish, bound to be injuries.

Clubs need to be able to rotate a lot. I think a lot of teams will have more injuries than usual though because of short summer breaks.

ash_86

Kane out for atleast 1 week, Son also will be unavailable i guess. Some serious injury concerns they have.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
What's the latest on Kane and Sissoko? Can't seem to find anything online.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Have they got any young strikers in the youth setup how can step up?
Their top scorer in the U23 league has 5 and their top scorer in the U18s has 9 but he's only 16. They might have someone decent out on loan.

Posh Red

Where’s that Glaston guy who was adamant you didn’t need to make signings in the summer? This was always going to be a risk for you guys having a relatively small squad in comparison to the other big teams.

Wayne's World

They were very unlucky, despite delighted we beat them today and I still love the way Poch gets his teams to play football.

He'd still be a worthy candidate to be next boss

ixa67

Supports
Chelsea
You can tell how fit they are by when watching them play. They just run teams into the ground. Just a few weeks ago, they ran Chelsea off the park three days after working their socks off against Barca. Sensational work ethic.
They played Chelsea in November after the international break. First leg vs Barca was in October and the second leg in December.

JoseandMkhiarespecial

Supports
Rangers FC & the red devils
I don't like Spurs. The only player I like from there is Eriksen.

I think Spurs pad their stats v teams like Watford with goals like tap ins.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
They played Chelsea in November after the international break. First leg vs Barca was in October and the second leg in December.
Who did they face after Barca?
Yeah, just seen it. I have myself confused.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
What's the latest on Kane and Sissoko? Can't seem to find anything online.
Probably wont hear anything till tomorrow at least - Sissoko was a hammy so that could be a few weeks - Kane I think did his problem ankle so he could be out for a week or anything up to 3 months. Basically with Son now away to Asia we are completely and utterly fecked.

Our squad has been utterly decimated with injuries this season, worst I can ever remember.

Djemba-Djemba

Thanks for your balanced and incredibly knowledgeable input.
I think most Utd fans don't mind Spurs generally.

I'd much rather you won the title than Liverpool or City obviously.

It's always nice beating Spurs though and imagining Glaston being upset. I'll admit to that.

GeorgieBoy

They would have beaten us on another day. Terrible finishing which is unusual for them.
Spurs have a better XI than us; but we have better depth.
With the injuries piling up for them and Son off to the Asia games its not out of the question that we could catch them.

GeorgieBoy

I think most Utd fans don't mind Spurs generally.

I'd much rather you won the title than Liverpool or City obviously.

It's always nice beating Spurs though and imagining Glaston being upset. I'll admit to that.
I also like Spurs. I actually quite like Glaston for successfully being the greatest WUM on the forum.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Win some and lose some, that's us out of the title race, but we are still in a good position for third and still in all cups. Injuries are worrying though.

Oscar.Z.Acosta

I think Wembley hasn't been too kind to them this season but the whole stadium farrago may affect their season much more than Levy would ever have imagined. Serves Joe Lewis's tax-dodging rotund rear right.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Probably wont hear anything till tomorrow at least - Sissoko was a hammy so that could be a few weeks - Kane I think did his problem ankle so he could be out for a week or anything up to 3 months. Basically with Son now away to Asia we are completely and utterly fecked.

Our squad has been utterly decimated with injuries this season, worst I can ever remember.
An injury crisis was always going to hurt Spurs considering the lack of depth within their squad.

Winks and Skip (those names :houllier:) are decent young players and you've always got the capable Llorente ready to step up.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
I also like Spurs. I actually quite like Glaston for successfully being the greatest WUM on the forum.
He totally is. Sometimes I wonder if he actually is genuine in a post or wumming.

Still cant believe so many get baited by his sophistry.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
An injury crisis was always going to hurt Spurs considering the lack of depth within their squad.

Winks and Skip (those names :houllier:) are decent young players and you've always got the capable Llorente ready to step up.
Winks has been good this season - Skipp looks decent but we would be in a bit of a fix to be relying on what is essentially a youth player to step up and play regularly in the first team, as good as he might be. We desperately need another midfielder - I thought so in the summer and I still think so now. Llorente can do a job for us sure but Son would have been our go-to striker back-up and with him away Llorente looks likely to get a proper chance in the team.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
If Llorente is in the team for a while we're fecked.

Sorry, he's just a big tree. Useful for lumping it up to him in the last 10 minutes or against league 1 sides in the cup but without Kane and Son we are in serious trouble for goals. We're going to have a period where we have to just grind out results, performances don't really matter because without 2 of our key attackers and with no midfield you can't expect us to be dominant or sparkling. Need to show some metal.

The midfield situation was predicted by every not deluded Spurs fan in the summer. Wanyama and Dembele are sicknotes, Winks is only just returning from an injury himself, we were lucky Sissoko turned it on this season in the first place. A total and utter farce that we didn't sign reinforcements in this area, we need somebody in January and if we have to overpay so be it, our options there are nowhere near good enough and not reliable whatsoever, with Dembele going we have horrendous depth.

Right now we're staring at the serious chance that our season could quickly unravel. Hopefully Pochettino can keep it together but he shouldn't be forced to keep patching up the holes in our squad, back the man.

Vadim

That @GlastonSpur poster usually appears here seconds after Spurs win.

Where is he?

As for Spurs, good side. I like them. But they’re desperate for an injection of cash, which won’t happen especially now they’re moving to an expensive new stadium.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
If Llorente is in the team for a while we're fecked.

Sorry, he's just a big tree. Useful for lumping it up to him in the last 10 minutes or against league 1 sides in the cup but without Kane and Son we are in serious trouble for goals. We're going to have a period where we have to just grind out results, performances don't really matter because without 2 of our key attackers and with no midfield you can't expect us to be dominant or sparkling. Need to show some metal.

The midfield situation was predicted by every not deluded Spurs fan in the summer. Wanyama and Dembele are sicknotes, Winks is only just returning from an injury himself, we were lucky Sissoko turned it on this season in the first place. A total and utter farce that we didn't sign reinforcements in this area, we need somebody in January and if we have to overpay so be it, our options there are nowhere near good enough and not reliable whatsoever, with Dembele going we have horrendous depth.

Right now we're staring at the serious chance that our season could quickly unravel. Hopefully Pochettino can keep it together but he shouldn't be forced to keep patching up the holes in our squad, back the man.
Now is a prime opportunity for Levy to show his worth to the manager he hopes to retain beyond this summer. Backing Poch while his team are struggling to cope with of an ever-increasing injury crisis would go a long way to convincing him to stay long term. Whilst ignoring the problem will have the opposite effect.

Unless, like Glaston, he believes the move to a new stadium is motivation enough.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Where is he?

As for Spurs, good side. I like them. But they’re desperate for an injection of cash, which won’t happen especially now they’re moving to an expensive new stadium.
When do Spurs play next? Fulham at the weekend? Yeah that's when he'll be back

Paranoid Android

Where is he?

He's a fair weather fan. Only appears after wins etc.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Now is a prime opportunity for Levy to show his worth to the manager he hopes to retain beyond this summer. Backing Poch while his team are struggling to cope with of an ever-increasing injury crisis would go a long way to convincing Poch to stay long term. Whilst ignoring the problem will have the opposite effect.

Unless, like Glaston, he believes the move to a new stadium is motivation enough.
Zero faith in this happening. We'll get the usual excuses about there being nobody on the market and us not wanting to overpay, so we'll just ignore the problem of our best central midfielder the past few seasons (Dembele) leaving the club and Levy will hope that Winks and Skipp fit the bill.

Pochettino will sit quiet and work with it, as usual, and probably keep us in the top four despite basically having no central midfielders of top 4 quality left. Could I really blame him if he started to think that we can't make that next step? Not really, as much as it sucks to admit. The decline of our central midfield has been pretty depressing given that in 16/17 we had Dembele & Wanyama at the base of it, both of which were fecking titans that nobody could bully, you certainly wouldn't have had Pogba as free as he was yesterday. They're both broken/leaving now and we're doing nothing about that.

I actually think we've improved as an attacking team since then, but have totally neglected a key area of the team and settled on 'make do' options. Sissoko & Winks are good players but they shouldn't be relied upon to start nearly every game. We needed at least one player coming in this summer, everyone knew that, only the most optimistic fans thought that Dembele and Wanyama were going to stay fit.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
You guys are doing it wrong, asking for Glaston the day after still gives plausible deniability. Wait a bit longer and he'll have to make up excuses that no one will buy.