Spurs 2018/19

Treble

Spurs have departed from the title hunt and arrived in the fight for top 4.

With them going to both Liverpool and City, they might struggle. Especially if they go deep in the CL.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Kane was injured, they won 4/4 league games and smashed Dortmund. Kane returned and they lost 2/2 league games.

I thought game was lot better than just 1 shot on target by both sides stat. Winks was unlucky not to score, just like Higuain. Eriksen for some reason delay his decision to shoot and lost the ball. It was probably the best chance Spurs had.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
My big question is; why would Kane or Alli or Eriksen stay in Spurs? It is obvious that they can't win title there. So why spend best years of you career without winning trophies? Loyalty in football is nice and romantic and shit like that but lets be honest; trophies count.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
My big question is; why would Kane or Alli or Eriksen stay in Spurs? It is obvious that they can't win title there. So why spend best years of you career without winning trophies? Loyalty in football is nice and romantic and shit like that but lets be honest; trophies count.
Eriksen will certainly be the next to leave. I can see Alli getting fed up sooner rather than later as well. Kane will be the last of the 3 to leave (if he does at all)

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Gazaniga is their best keeper.
Yep. Has been the case all season.

Lloris needs to be dropped for Arsenal, I've backed him in the past but this season and the end of last he's been dreadful, it can't just be put down to poor form any longer.

OldSchoolManc

So it appears that Harry Kane is allowed to go and stick his nut in on players!
FA to take no action and Pochettino puts it down to his competitive nature.
If that was a United player, there would have definitely been a ban.
Wasn’t it Rashford sent off for similar after he’d endured a bad challenge?

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Trippier's OG with commentary from his WC goal. Shamelessly stolen from reddit.

As for the Kane thing, I can't remember much ban worthy there. Just Kane being a lil bit of a prat. Luiz too.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Trippier's OG with commentary from his WC goal. Shamelessly stolen from reddit.

As for the Kane thing, I can't remember much ban worthy there. Just Kane being a lil bit of a prat. Luiz too.

:lol: Oh my god that's brilliant.

OldSchoolManc

Just want consistency. Can’t have some players get red cards for it and some players getting absolutely nothing.
Exactly this. Kane the golden boy of English football, is setting a bad example here.
Maybe the FA thought they would be bullying the poor snowflake again.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
If Arsenal beat them on Saturday they're dragged back into the top four mix.

I think they'll get the win though.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
If we don't perk up soon, we're in real trouble. Haven't played well other than a half against Dortmund for about 2 months now.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
It's amazing how quickly your situation can change in the PL. Spurs have been in a position of relative safety for the entire season but now find themselves in a fight for top four following a couple of losses. Would it be fair to expect a mini-revival beginning with the Arsenal encounter tomorrow? A win over their most bitter rivals would not only re-cement their position but it would be doing us a favor too.

Arsenal appears to be on an upward spiral at the minute. They've won their last three in convincing fashion. They need stopping.

Last edited:

Guy Incognito

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
From a Manchester United perspective, I loss to Arsenal is good.

If we win Southampton and Spurs lose, they will be dragged into the top 4 race, making it 4 teams vying for 2 spots, that is better than 3 teams vying for 1 spot.

Arsenal are not new to this top 4 thing :D,and have an easier run in than Manchester United, and may make us lose top 4.

Spurs have shown that they can handle pressure ,they may capitulate under the top 4 pressure and are yet to play City and Liverpool, we may finish 3rd or 4th.

charlenefan

Rivalling Liverpool as the luckiest side in the league

Djemba-Djemba

Spurs haven't played well in the league since the 2nd half against us 6 weeks ago.

They look like they're running on fumes.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Interesting times ahead.

If they draw at Southampton next weekend and also lose at Liverpool and Man. City, they would have 62 points after 32. Would need to win 4 wins and a draw from last 6 to make 75 points and that might not even be enough for top 4 with way things are going. Arsenal and Chelsea potentially have another 20 points left in them this season.

djembatheking

So are Spurs in a title race or a top 4 finish , they are still very Spursy that`s for sure .

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
So are Spurs in a title race or a top 4 finish , they are still very Spursy that`s for sure .
They can't win the title now, can only finish on 88 points if they win every single game which won't happen and title is likely to be won with mid 90s points tally.

Irwin99

They can't win the title now, can only finish on 88 points if they win every single game which won't happen and title is likely to be won with mid 90s points tally.
urghhhh, I really wanted them to win it a few weeks ago but I knew it wasn't going to happen. On paper they have a very good team but something is missing and I don't just think it's a lack of mental toughness.

Oh well, City or Liverpool then :mad: :(

DoubleRevv

Does anyone else think that the summer transfer window is an opportunity to make a bid for Harry Kane? I'm not a body language expert but something tells me if we make a fair bid we could turn his head. considering Poch could be off (to Madrid please).

Cloud7

How on earth have we clawed ourselves to within three points of them? I didn’t realize we were so close. They are well within our sights now.

Cloud7

Surely we wont get above them in the league. They're better than us in every position aren't they?
If you believe the **** of Mourinho, Spurs certainly are better than us in every single position and it shouldn’t be possible for this batch of players we have to catch up to them.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Interesting times ahead.

If they draw at Southampton next weekend and also lose at Liverpool and Man. City, they would have 62 points after 32. Would need to win 4 wins and a draw from last 6 to make 75 points and that might not even be enough for top 4 with way things are going. Arsenal and Chelsea potentially have another 20 points left in them this season.
Other than those stinkers away at Liverpool and City, our fixture list thankfully looks pretty light. Home games against Huddersfield, CP, Brighton, West Ham and Everton and aways against Bournemouth and Southampton. The Saints game is probably going to be one of the hardest games in that list.

Chelsea have to go away to Fulham, Everton, Cardiff, Liverpool, Man Utd, Leicester so a few potential banana skins there for sure. Arsenal have Wolves, Watford, Everton, Leicester, Burnley away having only won 5 away league games all season.

Both will hopefully have deep runs in the EL.

Man Utd still have to play both Arsenal and Chelsea so those 3 will be taking points off each other.

I'd still (just about) have us and Man Utd as finishing in the top 4 but there is definitely something wrong at the moment and we need to turn it around and quickly.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
If you believe the **** of Mourinho, Spurs certainly are better than us in every single position and it shouldn’t be possible for this batch of players we have to catch up to them.
If you believe the **** of Mourinho, it was a privilege for you guys to even be on the same pitch as Seville with your lack of pedigree.

Cloud7

If you believe the **** of Mourinho, it was a privilege for you guys to even be on the same pitch as Seville with your lack of pedigree.
The only reason we even got to that point was because of Mourinho, not the players. That CL run was down to his European pedigree. At the start of that two legged tie it was essentially Mourinho vs Sevilla. At the end of the two legged tie it was United versus Sevilla though. Mourinho had no part to play in our defeat.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Other than those stinkers away at Liverpool and City, our fixture list thankfully looks pretty light. Home games against Huddersfield, CP, Brighton, West Ham and Everton and aways against Bournemouth and Southampton. The Saints game is probably going to be one of the hardest games in that list.

Chelsea have to go away to Fulham, Everton, Cardiff, Liverpool, Man Utd, Leicester so a few potential banana skins there for sure. Arsenal have Wolves, Watford, Everton, Leicester, Burnley away having only won 5 away league games all season.

Both will hopefully have deep runs in the EL.

Man Utd still have to play both Arsenal and Chelsea so those 3 will be taking points off each other.

I'd still (just about) have us and Man Utd as finishing in the top 4 but there is definitely something wrong at the moment and we need to turn it around and quickly.
Can see Palace getting something with how good they are away from home. Spurs pushing their back 4 up to halfway line will give space for Zaha etc to run into.

West Ham got a 1-1 at Wembley last season and would love to put Spurs in europa.

For all the stick he gets Dele is huge miss.

charlenefan

Surely we wont get above them in the league. They're better than us in every position aren't they?
Amazing how that's not really the case anymore isn't it, sure the odd Spurs player would still improve our XI but there's not many now given the form we've shown under a progressive manager

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Although it's been a rough few games we should still be happy to be in the last 8 in the CL, it's a fantastic achievement. We are also still third in the league, and as long as we recover and beat the teams we should beat as we have at large been good at doing the season will still be a good one. And who knows, if we get a good draw we might even make it further, anything can happen.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Although it's been a rough few games we should still be happy to be in the last 8 in the CL, it's a fantastic achievement. We are also still third in the league, and as long as we recover and beat the teams we should beat as we have at large been good at doing the season will still be a good one. And who knows, if we get a good draw we might even make it further, anything can happen.
Yeah, but the cheese room...

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Amazing how that's not really the case anymore isn't it, sure the odd Spurs player would still improve our XI but there's not many now given the form we've shown under a progressive manager
Players don't get better or worse just because they're in good form. Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Alli, Eriksen, Son and Kane would all start for United, that's not really "the odd Spurs player" anymore.