Spurs 2018/19

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Drop Alli back into midfield, splash 60mil on a decent CM, ship out Wanyama and Sissoko, bench Winks and Dier, there you go Spurs fans, your problems have been solved here on Red Cafe, accepting all donations.

Alli becomes progressively less effective the deeper you drop him. I'd much rather have him closer to Kane, they have a good understanding together, both are excellent off the ball and his biggest assets are his abilities in the final third. He's a good midfielder, but you still want him playing close to Kane.

We need a total rework of our midfield, truth be told. Wanyama out, bring in 2 new faces (one fully established player and somebody like Grealish) and 3 if (when) Eriksen is sold. It's going to cost a lot, but that's what you get when you totally ignore part of the pitch for multiple windows.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Kane is miles better than anyone else there. I almost feel sorry for him, but then I remember that ridiculous razor advert he did.
Eriksen isn't far off when he can actually be arsed to play. This season he's been on his holidays for a long time, but at his best he's a world class attacking midfielder who can run games.

Other than that, yeah Kane is our only proper world class player. I remember people on here suggesting Son was the best because he scored a few in a row, was pretty funny.

Vertonghen is also a class act, but getting on a bit. Son, Toby and Alli are all good players but in the tier below, and then the rest of our team ranges from decent (Sanchez, Winks etc) to utter shite (Aurier, Trippier this season).

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Have there been any credible estimates of how much they have to spend this summer?
What are their interest payments like?

Wilt

Spurs new stadium could be a game changer .....7 prem games left, 5 of them at home.

My guess is they’ll be ok.

djembatheking

Big game for Spurs tomorrow in their new stadium , recent results have put a bit of pressure on them as if they fail to win and both Chelsea and United do win then Spurs will find themselves 6th . How do Spurs play when they are under pressure ?

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Big game for Spurs tomorrow in their new stadium , recent results have put a bit of pressure on them as if they fail to win and both Chelsea and United do win then Spurs will find themselves 6th . How do Spurs play when they are under pressure ?
I think we will be nervous as hell.

The pressure of playing in the new stadium and making it a success, added to the pressure of the top four race could prove a nasty mix.

Add the fact that Palace are a dangerous side on the road and are genuinely dangerous on the counter attack, and it'll be a nervy game.

djembatheking

I think we will be nervous as hell.

The pressure of playing in the new stadium and making it a success, added to the pressure of the top four race could prove a nasty mix.

Add the fact that Palace are a dangerous side on the road and are genuinely dangerous on the counter attack, and it'll be a nervy game.
If Palace show up I can see it being a tough game . Have Spurs got any players back for this ?

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
If Palace show up I can see it being a tough game . Have Spurs got any players back for this ?
They'll show up I think. Who doesn't like to spoil a party?

Don't think so, really at the moment we're only missing Winks/Dier though, should be able to get 3 points without them.

djembatheking

They'll show up I think. Who doesn't like to spoil a party?

Don't think so, really at the moment we're only missing Winks/Dier though, should be able to get 3 points without them.
Spurs should be ok then . It makes for an interesting situation though as starting with a win can cause a big swing in Tottenhams favour whereas defeat in the first few games could be extremely costly for the short term as well as the long term after recent run of results .

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yeah Palace will be tricky, feels like a 1-1 or Kane with a winner in last 5 minutes type game.

I actually can see Spurs dropping points v West Ham as everyone knows the spite in that fixture and West Ham knocked Spurs out of league cup and drew 1-1 in the away fixture last season.

Would be surprised if Spurs won all 5 in the run in.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Eriksen isn't far off when he can actually be arsed to play. This season he's been on his holidays for a long time, but at his best he's a world class attacking midfielder who can run games.

Other than that, yeah Kane is our only proper world class player. I remember people on here suggesting Son was the best because he scored a few in a row, was pretty funny.

Vertonghen is also a class act, but getting on a bit. Son, Toby and Alli are all good players but in the tier below, and then the rest of our team ranges from decent (Sanchez, Winks etc) to utter shite (Aurier, Trippier this season).
That's what makes someone one of the best doesn't it? Kane regularly does something when the rest of his team mates are shitting the bed. Any decent PL player can look great when the whole team is playing, but it takes a special mentality to play well when everyone else isn't.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
That's what makes someone one of the best doesn't it? Kane regularly does something when the rest of his team mates are shitting the bed. Any decent PL player can look great when the whole team is playing, but it takes a special mentality to play well when everyone else isn't.
Eriksen doesn't only look good when the whole team is playing. Just looks like his head has dropped this season.

Quite often he's the reason we're playing well as a team .. when Eriksen is on his game, everyone is. He can run the show.

I think Kane is a superior player but Eriksen definitely isn't miles off, him and Kane are our two 'top tier' level players, I would say.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Eriksen doesn't only look good when the whole team is playing. Just looks like his head has dropped this season.

Quite often he's the reason we're playing well as a team .. when Eriksen is on his game, everyone is. He can run the show.

I think Kane is a superior player but Eriksen definitely isn't miles off, him and Kane are our two 'top tier' level players, I would say.
I was talking about this season :)

Eriksen has put in some proper shockers this season. Ronaldo was preparing a move to Juventus, but he still was a monster for Madrid. Elite mentality. I think Kane just wants to score goals and win games, no matter what.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I was talking about this season :)

Eriksen has put in some proper shockers this season. Ronaldo was preparing a move to Juventus, but he still was a monster for Madrid. Elite mentality. I think Kane just wants to score goals and win games, no matter what.
Fair. I think overall Eriksen is a top, top player, but it seems as if he's simply not interested in playing for the team half the time this season. He has top tier quality though, and even this season our best performances have come when he's at the centre of it all. I also think it's hard for him because teams know if they cut him out of games we really struggle.

But yeah, Kane has a fantastic mentality and is definitely our best player, no doubt about it.

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
What the feck is the stadium called? Commentators and journalists were just calling it 'the new stadium'

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Thanks. Any naming rights plans in the offing?
The club do plan to sell the naming rights. It remains to be seen as to when a deal will be agreed or announced (my guess will be this summer, before the new season kicks off), what the new name will be and how much Spurs will get for the sale.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Spurs accounts for 2017-18 (running until June 30th 2018) have just been released. Some highlights:

* World record profits of £113m after tax (213% increase).
* Club income £381m - a 23% increase.
* £514m further spend on our new training centre, Northumberland Development Project (which includes the new stadium complex) and other assets.
* Loan debt: £461m
* Wages bill up £21m to £147m (38% of income).
* Player trading: Purchases = £116 million. Sales = £84 million.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Spurs accounts for 2017-18 (running until June 30th 2018) have just been released. Some highlights:

* World record profits of £113m after tax (213% increase).
* Club income £381m - a 23% increase.
* £514m further spend on our new training centre, Northumberland Development Project (which includes the new stadium complex) and other assets.
* Loan debt: £461m
* Wages bill up £21m to £147m (38% of income).
* Player trading: Purchases = £116 million. Sales = £84 million.
Does that include the stadium loan?

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Does that include the stadium loan?
It's the total of "Interest bearing loans and borrowings" (and which does not include interest payments) under "Non-current liabilities", so yes, I assume so.

The only additional loan debt is £0.6m under "current liabilities".

Donk87

Supports
Arsenal
It's the total of "Interest bearing loans and borrowings" (and which does not include interest payments) under "Non-current liabilities", so yes, I assume so.

The only additional loan debt is £0.6m under "current liabilities".
Accounts released only run to June 2018 and wouldn't include the refinancing done late last year. This will be factored into your 2019 returns though given the lack of spending on players this year they'll probably be pretty good too.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Moving to Wembley was a smart move and accounts for most of the profit. But Spurs now need to massively invest in players and build a strong squad, because their current squad would struggle to win silverware and the longer the drought lasts the higher the risk of losing their best players.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Anyone else thing they're going to beat Ajax? I do.

This is reminding me of Chelsea's run in 11/12. The ball has really run for them since about October in this competition. So many improbable stuff....Inter not beating PSV to knock them out. They were also about five minutes from going out when 0-0 with Inter at Wembley. Also scored late on to beat PSV to keep them in the competition, this was all in the group stages

Thought Dortmund game would be 50/50 tie and they won that 4-0....now beaten Man. City.

They seem a different beast in CL compared to the usual fare in premier league.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Did they officially lose the bottlers tag tonight?

Thanks for stopping City doing the unthinkable and all the best for the semis.

AJ10

Nearly bottled it but well done, as for city.................qu........... bye bye :lol: VVVVVAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Getting to the semi finals is a huge Achievement for Spurs, fair play to them.