Spurs 2018/19

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I think we've struggled badly with depth and an injury crisis but are a better side than any of the rest and have a higher top level, which the champions league has showed.

That's just an opinion though and I'm sure plenty of rival fans feel the same way about their teams. We're certainly a long way behind the top two.
What have you done in the UCL that shows what? You scraped through your group on the final day and are only in the SF on the basis of away goals and VAR ruling out a goal which would have sent you out

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Good against Dortmund in fairness and I thought they played a very smart first leg to limit Man. City after the penalty miss.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
What have you done in the UCL that shows what? You scraped through your group on the final day and are only in the SF on the basis of away goals and VAR ruling out a goal which would have sent you out

We started slow in the groups then made an incredible comeback when this entire forum had written us off.

We then knocked out the 2nd best team in Germany 4-0 over two legs, before beating the best team in England. The VAR decision was correct.

You don't get to a CL semi final without playing well. Sadly I think we've overly focused on that and grown complacent in the league.

Overall though, I think we've been hit very hard by injuries this year, far harder than in the past. Certainly as a fan it's the worst injury hit season I can remember, with basically all our key players having lengthy periods on the sidelines, often simultaneously.

That said, it's no excuse. Bottom line is that the team has disappointed me in recent months you're right that I confidently backed us to get third, I believe that we had that quality but the table doesn't lie.

Too many under performers this season. Eriksen and Alli I'm looking at you mainly, props to Sissoko for stepping it up but a couple of his more talented teammates have sleepwalked through the year.

How many league games have Spurs lost? 13! That more than a third of all matches.

Spurs aren’t as good as spurs think they are, and are nowhere near Liverpool or city.

Chelsea, Utd, Spurs and Arsenal are all around the same level and all require big improvement and investment to challenge. Whilst Chelsea will struggle with the transfer ban this summer, spurs are the least likely of that group to invest and improve - they are a settled squad with a manager who has been there years, and are yet no better than Chelsea, Utd or Arsenal who have all been in turmoil with new managers, at least one of those teams will leapfrog spurs next season.

Look at Liverpool, 2 great world class signings and they go from 4th to title challengers. spurs aren’t capable of doing that, the other teams are.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
No Foyth or Son in the final Everton game. Could easily lose that with the amount of injuries they have and the fact the board decided not to invest. Too busy being Tottenham the construction development company, new hotel facilities, new stadium, new training grounds, cheese room. No money for football players though, some people might get confused and think Tottenham are a football club if they start investing in their squad.

Europa league at that fancy new stadium a possibility. Although with how bad everyone else has been they will probably get away with it.

MagicKarpet

Supports
Tottenham
No Foyth or Son in the final Everton game. Could easily lose that with the amount of injuries they have and the fact the board decided not to invest. Too busy being Tottenham the construction development company, new hotel facilities, new stadium, new training grounds, cheese room. No money for football players though, some people might get confused and think Tottenham are a football club if they start investing in their squad.

Europa league at that fancy new stadium a possibility. Although with how bad everyone else has been they will probably get away with it.
This aged well :D

Untd55

They need to freshen some things up in the summer. They cannot go another summer without signing anyone. Think quite a lot of investment will be needed with Eriksen seemingly leaving

Think an 8 goal swing is needed now for them to lose top four. Isn't going to happen.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

Someone who hasn't looked at the league table since Sunday morning.:lol:

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Appealing Son’s red card, to be honest by the letter of the law it should stand. Yes Lerma was a disgrace but he got away with it.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I think he'd rather move to Juve or especially Real Madrid.
Possibly Juve, not sure about Real now that ZZ is back in the hot-seat there.

Pochettino knows the PL though, he's crafted a niche within it for himself, and I'm sure he'd love the backing that Utd could give him.

I also think he'd fancy himself to steer Utd back on track, given his PL pedigree.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Possibly Juve, not sure about Real now that ZZ is back in the hot-seat there.

Pochettino knows the PL though, he's crafted a niche within it for himself, and I'm sure he'd love the backing that Utd could give him.

I also think he'd fancy himself to steer Utd back on track, given his PL pedigree.
I just want a decent summer transfer window, mate :(

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Haha, basically yeah.

Smart quotes though Pochettino. He's slowly starting to let Spurs know gently that he's destined for bigger and better things.

Hopefully the next Utd boss.
Man you don’t half read into things to suit your own agenda, he’s saying if he wins the Champions League he will think about doing something different. If you actually watched the footage it was quite a joke to down play any chances we had. How about getting behind the actual manager you have just appointed a month ago :lol:. When Poch leaves I believe it will either be to Madrid or PSG, there is no doubt he will be at PSG at some stage.

izec

Who would have thought they would get into the Cl final? Unbelievable, but they showed some proper fight against City away and Ajax away. And that group was also tough. Pretty impressive, their future looks good in terms of keeping Poch and star players and adding more.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Into the CL final!!!

Congrats @GlastonSpur @balaks @InLevyITrust @SquishyMcSquish and all our other Spurs residents, the majority of the Redcafe will be rooting for you in the final ❤:D
This is why I love the caf, it’s hard at times tbh but it’s the forum with the best posters of any other fan forum. If there was a reason why other clubs supporters are here’s this thread shows it.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
This is why I love the caf, it’s hard at times tbh but it’s the forum with the best posters of any other fan forum. If there was a reason why other clubs supporters are here’s this thread shows it.
True.

Holocene

Congratulations to the Spurs posters of the Caf' (again).

Now go beat Liverpool.