Spurs 2018/19

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Is sitting in 3rd place and about to make a bid to reach the CL final "shit"? If so, perhaps you'd care to dream up an adjective to describe United.
A team that's actually won the champions league. :D

MagicKarpet

Supports
Tottenham
True! Just goes to show how damaging draws are too, but people don't react to them as strongly as they do to losses.

Question for spurs fans here: how worried are you about your league form? Progress in Europe and the new stadium seem to be papering over some big cracks, especially considering you might lose Eriksen in the summer. Or is it just a case of taking it easy since you can't challenge for the league and are unlikely to drop out of the top 4 (owing to others' incompetence really)?
A little worried yes but I keep saying this our rivals cannot be trusted to take advantage so I'm not that overly concerned. I was at the match and whilst West Ham played well it was pretty clear that we had one eye on Tuesday, I mean Poch taking Lucas off on 65 mins and replacing him with Llorente just tells you everything you need to know.

This summer is pretty massive, don't know what's going on with Eriksen but I think he'll stay tbh.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
13 league defeats, that's currently only one less than the likes of Everton and Watford

Mental how they're going to finish 3rd, just goes to show how shit the rest of the league is

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
The goal is harsh on Spurs, Bournemouth was doing very little with a 2 man advantage.

El Zoido

Incredible to think they could finish outside of the top four. Doubt they’ll lose to Everton on the last day but it’s unreal to think we could still finish above them.

Eric7C

That's 7 losses in 11 in the league. They are shite; it's so annoying that United have not taken advantage.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Incredible to think they could finish outside of the top four. Doubt they’ll lose to Everton on the last day but it’s unreal to think we could still finish above them.
I expect them to lose to Everton but Arsenal and United to feck it up

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
13 league defeats, that's currently only one less than the likes of Everton and Watford

Mental how they're going to finish 3rd, just goes to show how shit the rest of the league is
3rd?

They could actually end up in the Europa League. They'll never live this one down if that happens.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Their form is atrocious.

9 losses in last 15 games in all competitions.
7 losses in last 11 league games.
They scored 1 goal in last 5 games.

Shame our shit form coincided with theirs.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Spurs lost 4 more league games than Manchester United this season.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
I expect them to lose to Everton but Arsenal and United to feck it up
You really expect Utd not to get 6 points off Huddersfield, and Cardiff, those two teams combined have 9 losses in their last 10 games. I think Utd will finish on 71 points. Also if Cardiff don't win later they are down in all but name due to GD? OGS will surely face serious questions if he can't put those teams away, even with Lukaku and others out.

Spurs will be missing Son for Everton game?

Arsenal should win the home game, if they throw kitchen sink at Burnley they will have a good chance to win as well. Why would Burnley care in that game, dead rubber for them. Could finish on 72 points. We (Chelsea) should be getting 4 points as well, win at home, draw at Leicester.

Fener1907

They'll have to outdo their own record-setting concessions sales and sell quite a few extra hot dogs and pints that fill from the bottom if they manage to balls this one up.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I think Spurs are now losing on purpose just to enrage Arsenal and United fans. There's no other explanation.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
But you were going to finish comfortably no? ;)

We should have done, we're more than good enough to.

But we've been utterly hopeless for a while now. I thought we had picked it up but recently the performances have been depressing.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
At least this run should shut up the 'dey are better without Kane' crowd.

He's our best player. No debate about it, head and shoulders above anybody else in the squad.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
No doubt he is a big loss, but Spurs got dominated today.
You are aware we were down to 9 men, even then I would harldy say Bornemouth dominated us? They were shite to be honest. Dier was a twat with his wreakless tackles after about 25 mins and that set the nasty tone in the match. for the first 20-30 mins we should have been out of sight, was infuriating watching us just throw it all away on wreakless tackles and Son letting himself get wound up by Lerma. Lerma should have been sent off too but thats football, out own fault.

AJ10

Spurs are a thuggish team but why the feck were they at it today with Ajex coming up and a vital game they needed to win today?

Could have been 3 reds today.

WTF :lol:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We should have done, we're more than good enough to.

But we've been utterly hopeless for a while now. I thought we had picked it up but recently the performances have been depressing.
Thing is the same could be said about us, Arsenal and chelsea as well. All 4 sides form has been horrendous and had just one of the sides show their potential they'd be out of sight. Fact is all 4 sides are as good (or shite) as one another and Spurs aren't massively better like you suggested the other day

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Thing is the same could be said about us, Arsenal and chelsea as well. All 4 sides form has been horrendous and had just one of the sides show their potential they'd be out of sight. Fact is all 4 sides are as good (or shite) as one another and Spurs aren't massively better like you suggested the other day

I think we've struggled badly with depth and an injury crisis but are a better side than any of the rest and have a higher top level, which the champions league has showed.

That's just an opinion though and I'm sure plenty of rival fans feel the same way about their teams. We're certainly a long way behind the top two.