Spurs 2018/19

starman

Not only do I want them to win it to stop the scousers, but also so I can watch the meltdown on AFTV through Sprus winning the CL before Arsenal

Poch

Supports
Spurs
What a night, what a manager, what a team ! Roll on the CL final. It’s unbelievable for all spurs. COYS.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Congrats to all the Spurs fans, especially @SquishyMcSquish who I wound up last week. Hope you win the whole kin thing mate.

:lol: I told you this Ajax team were overrated and could be got at.

Serious talent in the side and they're so easy on the eye, but once we really turned that screw and played direct, they didn't know where they were.

We're underdogs for the final, but shit .. if we can do this, we can win that!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So who the feck drops out for Kane? You need to play Lucas after that. Need to play Son. Eriksen is their most talented player but also Alli had a hell of a second half. I would probably pick Alli to drop out because I just think you need Son and Lucas for the counters.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
So who the feck drops out for Kane? You need to play Lucas after that. Need to play Son. Eriksen is their most talented player but also Alli had a hell of a second half. I would probably pick Alli to drop out because I just think you need Son and Lucas for the counters.
Lloris, Trippier, Toby, Vertonghen, Rose, Sissoko, Eriksen, Alli, Lucas, Kane, Son :D.

Do it Poch .. you know it makes sense, if they score 4 we score 5.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Lloris, Trippier, Toby, Vertonghen, Rose, Sissoko, Eriksen, Alli, Lucas, Kane, Son :D.

Hahaha suicidal. Could work if Alli and Eriksen show enough discipline but both better further forward.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Alli and Eriksen will both start. Neither had that great a season but both are players who can create even when team has 30% possession with their clever runs.

Guess they can fit them all in if they just play Sissoko as DM but think that would be too risky given Liverpool's strength.

Feels a bit like when Man. United left Ji Sung Park out of 2008 final despite him playing a key role in the KO rounds. Am I right in saying he didn't even make the bench for the Chelsea game?

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Imagine having that many attackers come into form that you don't know who to pick/drop. :(

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

What about Aurier and Winks? Were ruled out for the season but it's now extended to start of June rather than ending on Sunday.

Big problem will be Liverpool putting Mane on Trippier's side, that could really expose Spurs given his poor season. Thought Mane was brilliant yesterday even though he didn't score.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
What about Aurier and Winks? Were ruled out for the season but it's now extended to start of June rather than ending on Sunday.

Big problem will be Liverpool putting Mane on Trippier's side, that could really expose Spurs given his poor season. Thought Mane was brilliant yesterday even though he didn't score.
Winks is definitely possible, he's an important player for us. Sissoko is nailed on in midfield if fit and our best/most balanced midfield is probably Sissoko, Winks and Eriksen.

Either of our fullbacks will have a tough time up against Mane tbh, it's pretty unavoidable. Aurier is a disaster waiting to happen and Trippier leaves a lot of space in behind and is prone to errors.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
No I wouldn’t start Kane.
He'll start, you always start him when he returns from injury and it's the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL.:lol:

Was actually trying to think of last time for a game v top 6 any of Kane, Alli and Eriksen were all fully fit and were benched, it just dosen't happen to those players.

It will most likely be Son who has been on the bench many times for big games.

Topgun1

Lewandowski lover
Supports
Arsenal
Tottenham's attack is far superior without Kane. It's crazy how much their attack speeds up when he's not playing. All he does is look for penalties and with VAR he won't be able to cheat.

I hope he plays in the final so that he keeps slowing down the game for Tottenham allowing Liverpool to get back. I know the Caf support Tottenham, but I'm 100% behind Liverpool obviously.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
He'll start, you always start him when he returns from injury and it's the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL.:lol:

Was actually trying to think of last time for a game v top 6 any of Kane, Alli and Eriksen were all fully fit and were benched, it just dosen't happen to those players.

Not a chance. He's been our CL MVP.

Much more likely Kane is on the bench than Son.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Tottenham's attack is far superior without Kane. It's crazy how much their attack speeds up when he's not playing. All he does is look for penalties and with VAR he won't be able to cheat.

I hope he plays in the final so that he keeps slowing down the game for Tottenham allowing Liverpool to get back. I know the Caf support Tottenham, but I'm 100% behind Liverpool obviously.
:lol: Oh man what do you even say to a post like that? Just so fecking ignorant.

Yeah, all the double PL golden boot winner and a bloke that scored 40 last season (and remains our top scorer this season) does is look for penalties and cheat. Absolutely cutting analysis.

We achieved this comeback by lumping it up to Llorente to hold it up and lay it off. The lightning quick Llorente who apparently speeds us up so much.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Maybe it will be case of arm round the shoulder with Moura next few weeks to soften him for a drop to the bench.

Would seem mad to do that given he got you to the final but he could also be huge impact off the bench if it's 1-1 with 20 minutes left. I doubt Kane would last 90 minutes or more so you do probably needed to have one good attacking bench option. Moura could be that if he's prepared mentally properly.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
:lol: Oh man what do you even say to a post like that? Just so fecking ignorant.

Yeah, all the double PL golden boot winner and a bloke that scored 40 last season (and remains our top scorer this season) does is look for penalties and cheat. Absolutely cutting analysis.

We achieved this comeback by lumping it up to Llorente to hold it up and lay it off. The lightning quick Llorente who apparently speeds us up so much.
Why would you even answer such a shit post?

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
With everyone fit you either start Son or Lucas in my opinion as their strengths kind of overlap. Kane has to play if he is ready, people who say we play better without him can't watch many of our games.

Topgun1

Lewandowski lover
Supports
Arsenal
Oh man what do you even say to a post like that? Just so fecking ignorant.
Isn't it past your bed time? You're first kid I spoke to on Redcafe :lol:

When Kane hobbled off against City....how did I know Tottenham would have a much better chance of getting through?

Looked like a joke when Kane was playing, and he hobbles off and suddenly the attack speeds up. Here's my prediction well in advance: Kane starts, Tottenham guaranteed to lose. Kane doesn't start, Tottenham could win CL. It will not happen if Kane starts, period.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham

When Kane hobbled off against City....how did I know Tottenham would have a much better chance of getting through?

Looked like a joke when Kane was playing, and he hobbles off and suddenly the attack speeds up. Here's my prediction well in advance: Kane starts, Tottenham guaranteed to lose. Kane doesn't start, Tottenham could win CL. It will not happen if Kane starts, period.
Yeah, somehow you made an even less informed post than your previous one.

Toodles.

Irwin99

Pleased for them and hope they win it.

A champions league winners score of Spurs 1 Arsenal 0 would be hilarious, especially in the next derby match :lol:

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

If u say so.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

Mate, you are an absolute tool, are your initials DT?

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Kane should start on the bench. He'll be fired up when he comes on.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
With everyone fit you either start Son or Lucas in my opinion as their strengths kind of overlap. Kane has to play if he is ready, people who say we play better without him can't watch many of our games.
Answer honestly... how does Kane usually play coming back from injury?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I wasn't sure, genuinely.

You know my opinions on Spurs 'when it really matters' though... and this (the final, not the semi) is the ultimate one of those...

Liverpool will win the CL, it's as good as done.
You have an overriding hated for us, you think we will get beat but u want our manager? None of your posts make sense. I didn’t ven think we would win tonight ffs.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Answer honestly... how does Kane usually play coming back from injury?
Even when he's not as his best I still think he is our best option to beat the Liverpool press. Go direct towards Kane who can flick balls or hold it up, similar to how we did against City before the injury. That's just my view though. If he is not fit to play then I hope Poch will be brave enough to have him as an impact sub.