Spurs 2018/19

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
You have an overriding hated for us, you think we will get beat but u want our manager? None of your posts make sense. I didn’t ven think we would win tonight ffs.
Nah, I don't. Just don't like how some of your fans get when you win.

Also think it's pathetic how little you've won given the hype. I view you as a bottling club and hold no hope that you can seal the biggest prize in club football. But I don't hate Spurs.

Prove me wrong on June 1st. Please, please prove me wrong.

Giggs86

Today was their Turin '99 moment wasn't it? This and the City tie leads me to believe it's their "name on the trophy" moment.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Congratulations to the Tottenham fans. Enjoy your first final.
A great team, today I enjoyed the game a lot. They all have a lot of character. They receive blows and blows and are able to get up. I'm happy for Pochettino.

Supports
England
Not really, every time he has come back early he has looked well off the pace.
No, I'm stating a fact that he always scores after returning from injury. There's no matter of opinion about it. And his most recent return goal was a peach: a long run up the field, nice control and then a quality finish.

Anyway, he's going to be fit in 3 weeks and he deserves to start because Spurs only reached the knockouts in the first place thanks to Kane's comeback goals/assists.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Just one mission left for Everton now. Ensure Spurs go into the final with confidence sky high by bending over at the weekend.

Spurs picking up a few million extra fans until the end of the season. Don't let us down.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
Glad Spurs got to the final, shows what you can do on a shoestring budget whilst building a new stadium.

Also happy they can rest their entire first team this weekend in anticipation of the final.

Josh 76

Glad Spurs got to the final, shows what you can do on a shoestring budget whilst building a new stadium.

Also happy they can rest their entire first team this weekend in anticipation of the final.
You do know the final is still 3 weeks away.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Nah, I don't. Just don't like how some of your fans get when you win.

Also think it's pathetic how little you've won given the hype. I view you as a bottling club and hold no hope that you can seal the biggest prize in club football. But I don't hate Spurs.

Prove me wrong on June 1st. Please, please prove me wrong.
All football fans ever can be pretty unbearable when they win. I really don't think our fans are any worse than the norm, especially on here it's mostly just posters being happy and feeling fortunate to even experience a final.

We've reached the final of the biggest prize in world club football and shown some incredible grit and determination along the way, whatever happens I don't think the mentality of our players can be questioned. Liverpool are a better team with better players, as were City. Losing to them would not be a bottlejob.

They'll try. They might not succeed, but that's football. Klopp's Liverpool are an amazing team in their own right who dicked Barca 4-0 and will get 97 points in our league. It might be a step too far, but unless we get absolutely destroyed I think our fans can be immensely proud of what the team has done in Europe this season.

Sweet Square

Do spurs have any decent songs ?

Sky sports news showed the players in the dressing room after the match, the whole lot of them were singing Wonderwall

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Have to say, I'm struggling to understand why people care that much about how many games we've lost in the league.

Who cares? When did football become about how many games you've lost? We've lost so much because we've drawn once all season, we've also won more times in the league than quite a few title winning sides from the 90s but what does that really mean in isolation?

BlueHaze

They haven't got a chance of winning it.

I'd love them to, but have literally zero belief that they'll win it.

It's the dippers' trophy at this point.
There's always a chance. Who the feck thought Barca would be out? Liverpool are definitely favorites but in a final anything can happen.

tomaldinho1

Even when he's not as his best I still think he is our best option to beat the Liverpool press. Go direct towards Kane who can flick balls or hold it up, similar to how we did against City before the injury. That's just my view though. If he is not fit to play then I hope Poch will be brave enough to have him as an impact sub.
I think unless he's 100% Llorente is a better option, he's an absolute bull and I think he'll cause Liverpool's defenders issues with service. Stick Moura/Son around him and he'll win a decent amount of flick ons/hold the ball up against any CB.

BlueHaze

Have to say, I'm struggling to understand why people care that much about how many games we've lost in the league.

Who cares? When did football become about how many games you've lost? We've lost so much because we've drawn once all season, we've also won more times in the league than quite a few title winning sides from the 90s but what does that really mean in isolation?
I said this to Squishy last night. I don't get it either. You didn't spend a dime yet finished 4th and went to a CL final. I'd love to swap places with you lot...

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Spurs are a quality side and an honourable club. Makes it even more satisfying to cheer for them to beat the Vermin. I’d cheer for an Islamic State XI if they played Liverpool, in truth, but what Spurs have achieved this season having signed nobody last summer whilst Klopp broke two world transfer records in six months means it’ll mean even more to oppose Liverpool this time.

Poch or money...

:wenger:

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I said this to Squishy last night. I don't get it either. You didn't spend a dime yet finished 4th and went to a CL final. I'd love to swap places with you lot...
People always have something to complain about mate! And fans are often short sighted.

Just seen Vertonghen apparently left the match in crutches....ffs.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Is Vertonghen injured? He left with a protective boot on apparently.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Do spurs have any decent songs ?

Sky sports news showed the players in the dressing room after the match, the whole lot of them were singing Wonderwall
Glory glory Tottenham Hotspur which Man. United pinched for a cup final.

Supports
England
I think unless he's 100% Llorente is a better option, he's an absolute bull and I think he'll cause Liverpool's defenders issues with service. Stick Moura/Son around him and he'll win a decent amount of flick ons/hold the ball up against any CB.
You haven't watched many Spurs games, have you? Llorente hasn't been effective in the vast majority of the games he's played outside the CL. And he hasn't come close to the heights of Kane in the CL so far, where the latter has taken teams apart himself (especially last season).

The first leg against Ajax was crying out for Kane in place of Llorente. Llorente was gathering the ball up top and playing hold-up like Kane would've done but the former was wasteful with a lot of knock-downs to Ajax players and generally sub-optimal use of the ball. Kane's technical and creative superiority would've shone through if he was in those same positions.

There were also positions in that game from which Kane scores and Llorente didn't. And that's a general theme between the two that can be seen playing out almost every time Llorente is on the pitch.

I like Llorente and think he's done well in this year's CL campaign but ultimately, an 80% Kane beats a 100% Llorente for Spurs. Kane is the better hold-up player and it's not even really close. Very few strikers in world football are close to Kane in that role.

Last edited:

tomaldinho1

You haven't watched many Spurs games, have you? Llorente hasn't been effective in the vast majority of the games he's played outside the CL. And he hasn't come close to the heights of Kane in the CL so far, where the latter has taken teams apart himself (especially last season).

The first leg against Ajax was crying out for Kane in place of Llorente. Llorente was gathering the ball up top and playing hold-up like Kane would've done but the former was wasteful with a lot of knock-downs to Ajax players and generally sub-optimal use of the ball. Kane's technical and creative superiority would've shone through if he was in those same positions.

There were also positions in that game from which Kane scores and Llorente didn't. And that's a general theme between the two that can be seen playing out almost every time Llorente is on the pitch.

I like Llorente and think he's done well in this year's CL campaign but ultimately, an 80% Kane beats a 100% Llorente for Spurs.
Despite the condescending tone of your reply, happy to debate. For what it's worth I've seen Spurs play plenty and my point is that if Kane's not fit, I don't see any point in starting him over Llorente who, recently, has been decent in my mind. Given Kane ran onto the pitch at the final whistle, I assume he's going to be ok but we'll see.

Would I start a fit Kane over Llorente - of course. Would I start an unfit Kane over him - not a chance.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Despite the condescending tone of your reply, happy to debate. For what it's worth I've seen Spurs play plenty and my point is that if Kane's not fit, I don't see any point in starting him over Llorente who, recently, has been decent in my mind. Given Kane ran onto the pitch at the final whistle, I assume he's going to be ok but we'll see.

Would I start a fit Kane over Llorente - of course. Would I start an unfit Kane over him - not a chance.
Llorente is a bit too static no? His hold up play is on par with Kane but he lacks everything else Kane has. Kane is a lethal finisher, on either footed, he can pick a pass, run with the ball using his strength to keep players off. He is by no means express pace but he is certainly not Llorente slow. The only thing Llorente has over Kane is a little more aerial threat in the box.

It all depends on exactly how fit/unfit Kane is I guess, the game is a month away. He certainly didnt look overly injured running out onto the pitch to celebrate. There were rumours Kane would be fit for last game of the season, he has another whole month to rest up. He will be however lacking match sharpness after his extended time out.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Personally I’ve always liked Spurs. Hoping they win the final. Just don’t make the same mistakes against Liverpool like you did in the league.

Supports
England

I didn't mean to be condescending, mate, but I shouldn't have phrased the opening question like that. It was a genuine assumption based on your post that you hadn't seen Llorente play that much. The gulf in quality between him and Kane is clear, I feel, if you watch every Spurs game.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

Since Sky invented it in 1992 and assigned 0 points for a loss?

Supports
England
Llorente is a bit too static no? His hold up play is on par with Kane but he lacks everything else Kane has. Kane is a lethal finisher, on either footed, he can pick a pass, run with the ball using his strength to keep players off. He is by no means express pace but he is certainly not Llorente slow. The only thing Llorente has over Kane is a little more aerial threat in the box.

It all depends on exactly how fit/unfit Kane is I guess, the game is a month away. He certainly didnt look overly injured running out onto the pitch to celebrate. There were rumours Kane would be fit for last game of the season, he has another whole month to rest up. He will be however lacking match sharpness after his extended time out.
I wouldn't even say his hold-up play is on the same level. He's good and I like him a lot but a fair few of his knock-downs and first touches end up with the opposition -- certainly more often than with Kane. But the real gulf in quality is what happens next: as you allude to, Kane just has passes and shots in his locker that Llorente doesn't, and a fair bit more creativity too. Despite the injury-marred season, if any quality of Kane has been accentuated this time around, it's his surprising creativity. He truly is the real deal at #10 as he's always claimed.

I expect Kane to be fully fit in 3 weeks time. Probably fitter than he usually is when he returns from injury. The lack of match sharpness won't be enough to override his sheer quality IMO. Contrary to some fans, I don't think Kane is bad even when rushed back from injury (he always scores on his returns) and with the proper amount of time, he should fit straight into the first team again. Kane's not just any old player after all.

He's also earned the right to play after bringing Spurs through the group stage with his vital goals/assists and winning a knockout match on his own (albeit not an important one).

Last edited:

tomaldinho1

I didn't mean to be condescending, mate, but I shouldn't have phrased the opening question like that. It was a genuine assumption based on your post that you hadn't seen Llorente play that much. The gulf in quality between him and Kane is clear, I feel, if you watch every Spurs game.
Ok appreciated - Yh there's no denying the difference in ability given one is a WC striker and the other is a target man type backup who came from Swansea (appreciate he had a spell at Juve but you get what I'm saying). My thoughts are that if Kane's not 100% he'll struggle against the Liverpool perma press and will have VVD and/or Matip all over him (both of whom are fast and athletic and would be a nightmare for someone not firing on all cylinders - although one of clearly much better than the other).

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Rumors of a Gareth Bale loan being negotiated and also a potential 25M fee being talked about for Ryan Sessegnon. Spurs are making the right moves if this is true but these 2 signings (potentially) along with some other good moves and Spurs are easily a top 3 club next season with potential to challenge if they keep Poch.

I would love to see Bale back in the Prem and back at Spurs!

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Rumors of a Gareth Bale loan being negotiated and also a potential 25M fee being talked about for Ryan Sessegnon. Spurs are making the right moves if this is true but these 2 signings (potentially) along with some other good moves and Spurs are easily a top 3 club next season with potential to challenge if they keep Poch.

Sessingnon i can see happening, rumours we want a doule deal for him and his brother, Bale no fecking way unless they pay over half his wages.

gibers

Wit the intensity that spurs play at Bale would last 3 games! :lol: