Spurs 2022-2023 thread | Bentancur out for the rest of the season

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Conte gets the transfer window trophy already? Will celebrate it like a madman?

Didn't Utd win that trophy last year?
No, they really did not. And I called it out here as soon as it happened, and I'm a clueless feck as everyone knows. To me they badly LOST the transfer window the second they signed Ronaldo.

The fact that 'media experts' thought differently last summer is because they're brainless feckwits, as I'm sure we all concur.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
No, they really did not. And I called it out here as soon as it happened, and I'm a clueless feck as everyone knows. To me they badly LOST the transfer window the second they signed Ronaldo.

The fact that 'media experts' thought differently last summer is because they're brainless feckwits, as I'm sure we all concur.
So when are you joining Talksport :D

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I think that style of football will always be effective and is probably their safest bet of getting top four but it won’t win the title (or get close to it in my opinion) and it’s not usually very effective in the CL either.
I agree with you for the most part, Im not a huge fan of their football (at times) and felt that Arsenal played the better stuff (pre fullback/ partey injury) and they will probably draw too many games to mount a challenge VS the points monsters that are City (especially) and Liverpool.

The champions league is an interesting one because as far as I remember Conte has a pretty shocking record in Europe vs his league form and I would have thought that Spurs have a decent (2nd seed?) coefficient so it's really just the luck of the draw as far as the group stage.

Id be shocked if they made it past the quarters to be honest (and would probably be surprised if they even make it that far).

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs

Really excited with this signing, he's by no means the finished article but he has a lot of the qualities Conte wants in a wing back. He reminds me a bit of Kyle Walker when he came to Spurs with the physical prowess to overrun and dominate his side of the pitch, hopefully he can make a similar impact as Kyle in time.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Really excited with this signing, he's by no means the finished article but he has a lot of the qualities Conte wants in a wing back. He reminds me a bit of Kyle Walker when he came to Spurs with the physical prowess to overrun and dominate his side of the pitch, hopefully he can make a similar impact as Kyle in time.

This is a good move for club and player. Low profile signing but has the potential to be an absolute gem for Spurs.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal

Yeah, this signing I think is the 1 I'm most jealous of that you guys have made. Tomiyasu seems to have some injury problems and this guy would have been a big upgrade over Cedric to compete with him.

We have a young guy coming through called Norton-Cuffy who seems fairly similar to Spence, he was in loan at Lincoln for the 2nd half of last season and made a good impression, but he's only 18 and I think he's a season or 2 away from seeing if he can really challenge for a first team place.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
Conte has done an interview where he pointed out several times that Spence was the club's signing rather than his. He did say he approved it but then pointed out again it was the club's decision to buy Spence. Not sure this sort of thing is particularly smart for Spurs if they want to keep Conte around.

Wilt

Conte has done an interview where he pointed out several times that Spence was the club's signing rather than his. He did say he approved it but then pointed out again it was the club's decision to buy Spence. Not sure this sort of thing is particularly smart for Spurs if they want to keep Conte around.
Yep, to undermine Conte is not a clever move.

However, Conte holds the cards …up to Spence to impress in training or be forgotten.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He literally said that he approved the transfer. How is that in anyway 'undermining' Conte?

RVN1991

This sort of thing happens everywhere, pretty sure Salah wasn't Klopp's signing for example. You want players who fit into your managers system but not sure if solely going on manager recommendations when it comes to transfers is the smartest strategy when it comes to recruitment.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
He literally said that he approved the transfer. How is that in anyway 'undermining' Conte?
I literally didn't use the word 'undermining' but publicly stating three or four times within a few sentences that it was the club's signing rather than his doesn't exactly paint a picture of a man who was thrilled. He's a temperamental guy and seems to find a reason to fall out with the board everywhere he goes, that's all I'm saying.

Chief123

Watching spurs in their first 12 mins of their season and I’m already bored. I just forgot how boring Conte is.

They are 0-1 down now!

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Maybe it's early days, but I'm not buying the hype and I'm not really seeing the improvement.

Chief123

Maybe it's early days, but I'm not buying the hype and I'm not really seeing the improvement.
They’ve certainly improved. But I’m bamboozled at some fans and pundits suggesting they can challenge for the title. Like come on, based on what? Has Conte becoming a messiah over the summer? It’s like Klopp and pep have suddenly lost their mojo?

I just don’t see how their signings are good enough to make them title contenders.

Last edited:

marktan

Their 2 best signings in Bissouma and Richarlison aren't even playing.

Where they will be better is that their depth means they'll be strong in pretty much every game, which you need to have a strong league run whilst playing CL. It's one of the big reasons City have dominated the league recently Vs Liverpool who weren't able to rotate to the same degree, especially in the front 3.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Their 2 best signings in Bissouma and Richarlison aren't even playing.

Where they will be better is that their depth means they'll be strong in pretty much every game, which you need to have a strong league run whilst playing CL. It's one of the big reasons City have dominated the league recently Vs Liverpool who weren't able to rotate to the same degree, especially in the front 3.
Yes, which is why I said early days.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I put Spurs to finish above Liverpool in the league in the predictions thread and today hasn’t done anything to make me think otherwise. Conte doesn’t mess around until he’s won something.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
I predict them to be comfortably 3rd/4th this season. They have the manager and team that is just a couple steps above the chasing pack.

el3mel

Watching spurs in their first 12 mins of their season and I’m already bored. I just forgot how boring Conte is.

They are 0-1 down now!
Why couldn't you just wait till the game is finished before starting to bash an opposition? This forum has really become a weird place.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Just because it’s Conte And his 2nd season - I’m guessing they will win the league.

It’s why I wanted Conte here - to stop the whole future building thing and try to win the league within 2 seasons that Conte seems to do.

Let’s see. He is at Spurs but they have some quality players at the moment.

Chief123

Why couldn't you just wait till the game is finished before starting to bash an opposition? This forum has really become a weird place.
The first 10 mins of this game aren’t the only factor in my judgment. Take a chill pill.

Chief123

Just because it’s Conte And his 2nd season - I’m guessing they will win the league.

It’s why I wanted Conte here - to stop the whole future building thing and try to win the league within 2 seasons that Conte seems to do.

Let’s see. He is at Spurs but they have some quality players at the moment.
Yeah, ok Doctor with the destructive IQ.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Good start, we looked very strong with what was basically the same team as last season. Was brilliant to see Perisic and Bissouma come on near the end which shows how much quality we now have on the bench. Son and Kane both looked a bit off the pace today though.

Kulusevski is just a brilliant player and Sessegnon played really well as well.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Piranhas got piranhed today… but they’ll be back in force very soon.

el3mel

The first 10 mins of this game aren’t the only factor in my judgment. Take a chill pill.
Yet you couldn't wait to jump in this thread and tell us they are shit before even waiting to watch how the game unfolded.

el3mel

When did I say they are shit, smart ass?
Throwing insults doesn't make your arguments any better, especially when you are exposed with such a ridiculously rushed post after 10 freaking minute of the opening game of the season.

Chief123

Throwing insults doesn't make your arguments any better, especially when you are exposed with such a ridiculously rushed post after 10 freaking minute of the opening game of the season.
Yeah so like I said, when did I call them shit? Or do we just make stuff up as we go along? Conte ain’t going to sleep with you.

el3mel

Yeah so like I said, when did I call them shit? Or do we just make stuff up as we go along? Conte ain’t going to sleep with you.
Trying to learn from you, making things up after 12 minutes of the first game of the season.