Spurs 2022-2023 thread | Bentancur out for the rest of the season

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Must be some out goings surely?

that’s what 8 players in?!
We will be looking to move on quite a few players yes - Winks, N'Dombele, Lo Celso, Emerson Royal and Reguilon are all probably going to leave. Yeah it's about 7/8 players in if we get everybody we are looking at. Quite mental really and pretty much unheard of for us apart from when we had the Bale money.

redshaw

They seem nailed on for top a 4 place. Credit to the Levy and the new DOF turning for things around, people had written them off but they got a top manager in.

Called it last year soon as Conte was appointed that was top four sealed for Spurs last season. Going to be a very tough battle for the remaining spot for a bunch of teams.

TheReligion

Abusive
We will be looking to move on quite a few players yes - Winks, N'Dombele, Lo Celso, Emerson Royal and Reguilon are all probably going to leave. Yeah it's about 7/8 players in if we get everybody we are looking at. Quite mental really and pretty much unheard of for us apart from when we had the Bale money.
Big things going on. You must be pretty excited? I do recall the Bale money summer which was a disaster but obviously Conte in now so can’t see a repeat

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Big things going on. You must be pretty excited? I do recall the Bale money summer which was a disaster but obviously Conte in now so can’t see a repeat
I am incredibly excited yes - I have total belief in Conte as a coach and Paratici is doing an incredible job getting deals over the line. It does feel like we are becoming a properly big club.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Their signings this season all are value for money they spent except may be richarlison. He is too good in many ways Conte wanted to play but bit expensive. So considering all of their signings it's nothing like bale money window.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Their signings this season all are value for money they spent except may be richarlison. He is too good in many ways Conte wanted to play. So considering all of their signings it's nothing like bale money window.
Yeah it feels very different, much more thought out and planned than the Bale money. We are obviously picking our targets to fit exactly what Conte wants and going for value in some areas to free up more money for the bigger spends.

AdNani

Conte will leave/ cause a shitstorm next summer as they won't spend as much as he wants to push for the title

TheReligion

Abusive
Their signings this season all are value for money they spent except may be richarlison. He is too good in many ways Conte wanted to play but bit expensive. So considering all of their signings it's nothing like bale money window.
I think it was being compared to it by volume of incomings nothing more

Yeah it feels very different, much more thought out and planned than the Bale money. We are obviously picking our targets to fit exactly what Conte wants and going for value in some areas to free up more money for the bigger spends.
Who did you bring in that Bale money window? I recall it looking good on paper but just not working out

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think this is key. Bissouma and Richarlison are classic Conte players, as is Perisic. I'd be very surprised if you didn't finish the season in the top 4 and with a trophy. Take care of Richy, he's a diamond.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I think many on here underestimate Conte s impact on squad he inherited first and foremost. He added further to that squad.

I am chelsea supporter and knew how much impact he had on struggled squad and made them league winning team. Chelsea never came close to winning the league after his title winning season.

He will fight for title coming season.Watch out for spurs.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I think this is key. Bissouma and Richarlison are classic Conte players, as is Perisic. I'd be very surprised if you didn't finish the season in the top 4 and with a trophy. Take care of Richy, he's a diamond.
Thanks mate - really excited to see what he can do for us. I expect him to really go up a level.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Who did you bring in that Bale money window? I recall it looking good on paper but just not working out
Eriksen was obviously the one that did really well but we also brought in Chadli (decent player), Soldado (again decent player but couldn't adjust to Premiership), Lamela (a player I loved but injuries wrecked him), Capoue (decent enough but wasnt really at the level we needed), Chiriches (pretty crap), Paulinho (decent player but couldnt adapt)

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Personal opinion of course but i think people are getting a little giddy over all the activity. When the dust settles I'm not convinced they've signed anyone that will actually improve their best XI. So far anyway.

Robbie Boy

Made some cracking signings, and Richarlison is a player I would have loved at United.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Personal opinion of course but i think people are getting a little giddy over all the activity. When the dust settles I'm not convinced they've signed anyone that will actually improve their best XI. So far anyway.
Same. I’m not sure what the fuss is about Richarlison. He had a good season but he isn’t as good as Kane or Son and his best positions are already occupied by them. Slight upgrade on Moura but he is just a squad player.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Eriksen was obviously the one that did really well but we also brought in Chadli (decent player), Soldado (again decent player but couldn't adjust to Premiership), Lamela (a player I loved but injuries wrecked him), Capoue (decent enough but wasnt really at the level we needed), Chiriches (pretty crap), Paulinho (decent player but couldnt adapt)
Paulinho, that's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
You dont think Perisic > Sessegnon/Reguilon or Bissouma > Hojberg? We are going to bring in another 4 players minimum so let's see how you feel once our business is done.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
You dont think Perisic > Sessegnon/Reguilon or Bissouma > Hojberg? We are going to bring in another 4 players minimum so let's see how you feel once our business is done.
Really? Who are the targets?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
--------- Son- Kane - Richy------
Perisic - Hojbjerg- Bissouma--Royal
---------Lenglet ---Romero - new CB ?

However way you put it, that team won't challenge for title or top 3. It's a battle for top 4 again.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I'm actually a fan of Hojberg so I'm not convinced Bissouma is any better. Perisic might be fantastic and would improve you, but he's 33 and will be expected to do some pretty hard yards.

I may feel differently by the end of the window. I generally avoid commenting on things this early because there is so much business still to be done by everyone.

GlasgowCeltic

However way you put it, that team won't challenge for title or top 3. It's a battle for top 4 again.
swap Hojbjerg out for Ndombele and that team would be a lot of fun

surely they’re not gonna go another season with that Royal guy

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

You left out Kulusevski and Bentancur (2 of our most important players) - you have Royal in there who is likely leaving.

We aim to have two good players for every position so actually our squad could look like this:

Son/Richarlison - Kane/Richarlison - Kulusevski/Richarlison

Perisic/Sessegnon - Hojberg/Skipp - Bentancur/Bissouma - Spence (probably)/Doherty

-----------------Lenglet/Davies ------- Dier/New CB ----------Romero/New CB

-----------------------------------Lloris--------------------------------------

That looks like a strong squad to me.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
You left out Kulusevski and Bentancur (2 of our most important players) - you have Royal in there who is likely leaving.

We aim to have two good players for every position so actually our squad could look like this:

Son/Richarlison - Kane/Richarlison - Kulusevski/Richarlison

Perisic/Sessegnon - Hojberg/Skipp - Bentancur/Bissouma - Spence (probably)/Doherty

-----------------Lenglet/Davies ------- Dier/New CB ----------Romero/New CB

-----------------------------------Lloris--------------------------------------

That looks like a strong squad to me.
Point is only one of Kulu or Richy can start. Similarly only one of Bentancur or Hojberg can start. Spencer is a kid from championship .

It's a strong squad for sure but it's not exactly a top 3 material. You would do well to get top 4/5.

GMoore23

Absolutely nailed on for a comfortable top 4 finish with Conte at the helm, could even challenge Klopp for 2nd.
Good chance we'll be in the Europa 23/24 again.

This Is why I wanted Conte at United so badly. He's one of only 3 elite managers on the planet for me and more or less guarantees a title challenge when backed. We don't know what the feck we're going to get with ten Haag. He could end up the managerial version of VDB for all we know.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Point is only one of Kulu or Richy can start. Similarly only one of Bentancur or Hojberg can start. Spencer is a kid from championship .

It's a strong squad for sure but it's not exactly a top 3 material. You would do well to get top 4/5.
Where do you think we are not strong enough?

cabbs1989

Conte is a very good coach, I don’t enjoy the football but he’s getting his players he wants, he isn’t going to challenge for the league though as city & pool are much better, cups he’s battling with Utd arsenal city pool chelsea etc , he will be gone next summer in my opinion he isn’t a long term coach, then you have to hire a coach who plays those tactics, not worried by spurs at all

cabbs1989

Absolutely nailed on for a comfortable top 4 finish with Conte at the helm, could even challenge Klopp for 2nd.
Good chance we'll be in the Europa 23/24 again.

This Is why I wanted Conte at United so badly. He's one of only 3 elite managers on the planet for me and more or less guarantees a title challenge when backed. We don't know what the feck we're going to get with ten Haag. He could end up the managerial version of VDB for all we know.
So firstly conte football is poor, secondly say he wins a title then pisses off like usual then what? He isn’t a united manager

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Richarlison will allow them to rotate and still keep a similar quality level inside the field.

Tallis

Impressed at the signings they have made - Bentancur and Bissouma both could have been value signings for us. In midfield, we need both starters and better bench. Bentancur and De Jong could have been an interesting MF.