Spurs 2022-2023 thread | Bentancur out for the rest of the season

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Agreed. I’m just seeing a lot of talk of them being the almost guaranteed 3rd. Neville talks about them being the only team that can challenge the top 2. Very over the top stuff.
Yeah I can't imagine them challenging at all. I think they've done their business smartly, and Conte is great, but I can't see that at all. Getting top four will be tough enough as it is.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
I think its messed up that Conte is doing this to these players, not even letting them participate in first team training. These aren't guys with huge disciplinary issues (except maybe N'Dombele) and Reguilon and Winks were actually important players for him last year. Not even Barcelona is doing this with their unwanted players as far as I can tell.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I think its messed up that Conte is doing this to these players, not even letting them participate in first team training. These aren't guys with huge disciplinary issues (except maybe N'Dombele) and Reguilon and Winks were actually important players for him last year. Not even Barcelona is doing this with their unwanted players as far as I can tell.

He's a disciplinarian. It's what he does. Whether players like it or not (and more than not, they do not), it's his way or the highway.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout

Out of principle, I don't want to open a Daily Mail article, but what's the rationale? Have they done something specific to irk him? Or are they just players he wants to sell?

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon

If it gets rid of them, then good on him. Would you rather he did what we do and be left with deadwood for years, who eventually leave on a free?

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
He's a disciplinarian. It's what he does. Whether players like it or not (and more than not, they do not), it's his way or the highway.
But these guys (except maybe TN) haven't had any disciplinary issues. He just wants to sell them, like every club wants to sell a bunch of players. Tuchel isn't kicking Ziyech, CHO, and Loftus Cheek out of the first team setup.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
And he hasn’t been able to sell them? See a link there?
Are Spurs able to sell any of these guys? Right now it looks like they're going to loan them all, which is the same as every other big club with their unwanted players.

RVN1991

I remember reading that Lo Celso wasn't too fond of conte and that he was a bit of a prick towards non playing staff so it could be an issue between the two, N'dombele might be the most unprofessional premier league footballer out there so no surprise conte wants no part of him either.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
But these guys (except maybe TN) haven't had any disciplinary issues. He just wants to sell them, like every club wants to sell a bunch of players. Tuchel isn't kicking Ziyech, CHO, and Loftus Cheek out of the first team setup.
He’s a difficult character to get on with. He constantly makes decisions that seem rather harsh to you and I, yet to Conte, it must be done or else.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

I don't see any issue with this at all. And this has nothing to do with Barcelona or their ridiculous stances.

All 4 of them are very clearly not in Conte's plans and they've been told to find other clubs. Lo Celso is well en route for that but unfortunately most clubs in the rest of Europe are skint. Nobody wants N'dombele, especially on his ridiculous wages and he has to go down as probably the worst signing in our history, the lazy bastard. Reguilon is a difficult one because he's a good player but again there's a lack of money on the mainland and he apparently is not that interested in going to clubs like Brighton. Winks is seemingly turning down a few clubs lower down the league hoping for a better offer.

None of them will get a squad number or place next season if they stay and frankly none of them should. Its up to them now to try to find moves.

They're getting paid and they're still allowed to train on club grounds, which is what they're contracted as being able to do. They have no future at the club though.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Will Spurs line up with Richarlison, Son and Kulusevski behind Kane more often?

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
United should buy Ndombele, great midfielder

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
United should buy Ndombele, great midfielder
Sounds like he's going to Napoli on loan with a cheap buy option.

Declan Rice actually said the other week that Ndombele is the best player he's played against(alongside De Bruyne and Hazard), which I'm sure would raise a few eyebrows. His talent isn't in question but he just doesn't seem to be cut out mentally to be an elite level footballer.

Will Spurs line up with Richarlison, Son and Kulusevski behind Kane more often?
Not to start a game as we always play 343(or occasionally 352) but there'll probably be the odd game where we're chasing a goal and all four are on the pitch.

Wilt

Seems harsh, but he‘s a driven manager and will do what’s necessary to succeed.

Last edited:

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Very talented bit seems to not be particularly liked by managers who demand a lot of effort.
Probably one of the most talented players I've seen wear the spurs shirt but also one of the laziest.

Think there's a very high chance we'll unfortunately have him until the end of his contract.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Ndombele is Taraabt 2.0, immensely talented with the ball at his feet. A passenger without it.

Also a lot of stories about being unprofessional, late to training, limping off injured after a light challenge.

To make it at this level you need both the talent and the mentality. And we are talking about Conte here.

GMoore23

First of all, you don't know all the ins and outs going on which has gave him the incentive to do this. Most journalists articles are 95% Bullshit.

Secondly, it's a similar soft attitude like yours towards players which has caused the complete shitfest we've had to put up with for years at United.
These players are paid a complete fortune so I'm with Conte on this. Put the hard work in and follow instructions to the letter or get the fcuk out.

OleksUsykUD

We need guy like him, and then we will finally change. Soft touch just not going to work.

Also he may very well be told that by the board, who are pushing to sell them.

Wilt

Would love to see what Conte would have done with the Utd squad

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Would love to see what Conte would have done with the Utd squad

Well if pre season was anything to go by 1 training session had Kane throwing up off the pitch and Son passed out on his back at the end of it.

He would ruffle way too many feathers behind the scenes clashing with the board and whoever else got in his way. Especially on transfer targets and cleaning out players he didnt want. Imagine trying to tell Conte x player he wants to move on is an "investment" and will not be sold.

Actually surprised Spurs went for him. Thought Levy and him would not work at all. Levy has managed to keep him happy. For now.

Wilt

Well if pre season was anything to go by 1 training session had Kane throwing up off the pitch and Son passed out on his back at the end of it.

He would ruffle way too many feathers behind the scenes clashing with the board and whoever else got in his way. Especially on transfer targets and cleaning out players he didnt want. Imagine trying to tell Conte x player he wants to move on is an "investment" and will not be sold.

Actually surprised Spurs went for him. Thought Levy and him would not work at all. Levy has managed to keep him happy. For now.
Guess the Utd players voiced their concerns over Conte, so the board decided not to go with him

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I predict them to be comfortably 3rd/4th this season. They have the manager and team that is just a couple steps above the chasing pack.
They will finish closer to 2nd than 4th. 100%. I think it will be a top 2.5 this year. They will never really be fully in the title race, but they’ll be within touching distance until March. Cant see them winning more than 85 points though. So a cruisy and unspursy 3rd place.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!

Conte is BRUTAL. He doesn’t care about club finances. That’s what makes him brilliant. He won’t give a player 5 games in the team in December to help a January sale. He doesn’t care if the club recoup £1m or £10m for a player.

He doesn’t link money in to money out. He asks for players. If he doesn’t get backed, he walks.

He’s a 3 year manager and maximises his time there. Seems like a bit of a Cnut. But I don’t think he pretends to be nice.

BorisManUtd

Well I do hope Spurs do well this season, even predicted them to finish 2nd in PL. Their first real test is today at Bridge.

el3mel

Wish we had that kind of ruthless mentality at United. Imagine a United manager coming in and telling Rashford, Shaw, Scott and Sancho to feck off and train on their own. That's exactly what we need to teach those clowns a lesson.

Wilt

Yes, think it was player power that kept him away from Utd.

Shame, would love to have seen Conte put Utd’s lazy lot through the hoop.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
How many left backs do they need?

Perisic, Reguillon, Sessegnon, Davies, and now this guy. Guessing he is more a youth team purchase with an eye to the future.

ti vu

How many left backs do they need?

Perisic, Reguillon, Sessegnon, Davies, and now this guy. Guessing he is more a youth team purchase with an eye to the future.
Reguilon is being pushed out. Davies is leftback and LCB, but Conte main system is wingback based. Sessegnon is injury prone. Perisic is approaching mid thirty, so it makes sense to plan for the future when the fee involved is reasonable.

Poch

Supports
Spurs
Spurs will push City the closest this year. It might not be pretty sometimes but Antonio has made us very hard to beat. Providing Kane Son Richarlason Kulu Bentancur and Romero stay relatively injury free it’s going to be us finishing second.

Chief123

At this point Spurs really should apologise for taking up a top 4 spot. Letting Newcastle dominate them when your at home.

0-2. If it finishes in a loss the crowd could show signs of turning on Conte.

Chief123

Spurs will push City the closest this year. It might not be pretty sometimes but Antonio has made us very hard to beat. Providing Kane Son Richarlason Kulu Bentancur and Romero stay relatively injury free it’s going to be us finishing second.
Oh dear. Just noticed this post before mine!

Castia

They look like it’s mid-May and the players have all played 50 games

Absolutely crap at the moment

TheReligion

Abusive
Missed this pearl

Irwin99

Maybe Poch would do well to avoid Villa and wait for the Spurs job again at this rate?