Spurs new stadium | Loses NFL for 2020 but gains appearance in Gangs of London £££

Saffron

Probably not a lot of wind inside with that semi-roof. Klopp will love it.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I think it looks impressive. We just need our owners to splash a bit of cash on our stadium.
I think some of the older stadiums like Anfield or OT have charm in fairness, I'll still miss the old WHL even though it was in truth a little bit of a dive.

But yeah, this ones looks incredible imo, we may have had to wait a little longer for it but it's worth it in the end. Can't wait to go.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Ian Abrahams (TalkSport): “This is the best stadium in this country, and best I have seen on my travels around the world.

But this sort of thing is subjective, make your own minds up when you come here.”

Djemba-Djemba

I think some of the older stadiums like Anfield or OT have charm in fairness, I'll still miss the old WHL even though it was in truth a little bit of a dive.

But yeah, this ones looks incredible imo, we may have had to wait a little longer for it but it's worth it in the end. Can't wait to go.
The leg room at Old Trafford is diabolical. You need to be about 5ft 5 or under to not be in pain watching a match.

What's the leg room meant to be like at your new place?

I remember first time I went new Wembley I couldn't get over how much space I had, I could fecking stretch my legs out in comfort!

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Ian Abrahams (TalkSport): “This is the best stadium in this country, and best I have seen on my travels around the world.

But this sort of thing is subjective, make your own minds up when you come here.”
It's Moose for goodness sake. He is probably talking about the food.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
The leg room at Old Trafford is diabolical. You need to be about 5ft 5 or under to not be in pain watching a match.

What's the leg room meant to be like at your new place?

I remember first time I went new Wembley I couldn't get over how much space I had, I could fecking stretch my legs out in comfort!
Generally speaking modern stadiums have more legroom/bigger seats. Not sure about the new stadium but sure I've heard that there's a lot more than there was at WHL.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
The first ever goal in the new stadium scored by J'Neil Bennett (Spurs U-18 player) … and from the video clip what a lovely goal it was too.

This will likely be a pub quiz question in future - so pay attention!

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
The first ever goal in the new stadium scored by J'Neil Bennett (Spurs U-18 player) … and from the video clip what a lovely goal it was too.

This will likely be a pub quiz question in future - so pay attention!
You just know one of the groundstaff who put the goals up banged one in and will tell his friends and family about it forever!

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Game finished 3 - 1 to Spurs: U-18s v S'Hampton U-18s.

So the stadium opens with good win .... it's an omen I tell you.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
looks like it has that weird slope like at OT, who do they make it like that? I guess so that advertising boards can be seen or something, but why not just lower the pitch
It's to raise the level of the pitch so the spectators in the 1st few rows can see over Uefa's advertising boards.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
looks like it has that weird slope like at OT, who do they make it like that? I guess so that advertising boards can be seen or something, but why not just lower the pitch
I think it's because there's another pitch underneath for the NFL.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Paul Hayward (Chief Sports Writer at the Daily Telegraph): "Verdict on Tottenham's ground. It was worth the wait. Luxurious, but also a proper football ground. Fans will feel very lucky to come here."

Moriarty

It was.

Looked amazing on TV, ok from a hundred yards away and as you got nearer, you noticed the age/cracks.

Men pissing in glasses, surges after goals, getting out wasn't great (huge crowds and narrow gaps. Remember my feet leaving the floor.)

Good times....
This is true. First time I ever went there was as a boy when England played the Rest of the World in 1963. It was an amazing place. In later years, you had to put up with crumbling terraces, wobbly crush barriers, a leaky roof, and pricey grub. The toilets were terrible. But the atmosphere on Cup Final day was something else. You couldn't hear yourself think.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
That looks awesome, love the one huge stand Dortmund style

Have they confirmed what's the first game they'll play there?

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
… But there is an immense amount of things you can do within the Olympic Stadium Area - and my point was that no football fans want to do any of it. They want to watch the football and go home.
Your comment was in response my saying that our new stadium is intended, not least with all the huge varieties of food and drink outlets, to be more of day out experience.

Yet, after just an U-18s match: