Spurs new stadium | Loses NFL for 2020 but gains appearance in Gangs of London £££

CA1

Beat City and not get any points? It's a win-win! :drool:
It sets up all sorts of arguments. We won't be close enough to City sadly but if City had a close rival they'd be well within their rights to question that City playing Spurs at Twickenham is a potential issue. It's amateur and would be frowned upon at any professional level, in most professional sports, as I say even Semi Professional teams in the local league have the same rules. Never mind the Premier League.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
A points deduction would be more in line with the offence but as it’s the Premier League we’re talking about, they’d prefer to have their coffers fattened.
You're right but hopefully they fine them a significant amount for this.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
A points deduction would be more in line with the offence but as it’s the Premier League we’re talking about, they’d prefer to have their coffers fattened.
I dont see why either would happen as it appears we have kept the FA updated about it at all stages and already have agreements in place about alternative arrangements. Unless I'm totally wrong about that - but that is what seems to be the case.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
What are the possibilities of simply playing in an unfinished stadium and shutting off the unfinished parts?

Whoever gets to play spurs at twickenham are getting an advantage the rest aren't. Basically neutral venue. Surely can't be allowed.
The chances are zero.

My last project cost $600m and the OR testing applies to the site in totality with regards to fire/water etc. getting tweaks to that is incredibly tough.

Reworking something sensible would be easy if that had been the plan all along: the Liverpool redevelopment was done along the same lines.

But Spurs have a new everything. It's a totally new system throughout. There's no way that they will be allowed to have 30,000 people in there with a partially complete build. They'd never get insurance in a million years.

I'm not being over the top when I say that Tottenham could end up on the end of a points deduction this season if this drags on. I'd say it's abundantly clear that they've not operated in good faith - probably through being sold a good news story by a developer.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
The chances are zero.

My last project cost $600m and the OR testing applies to the site in totality with regards to fire/water etc. getting tweaks to that is incredibly tough.

Reworking something sensible would be easy if that had been the plan all along: the Liverpool redevelopment was done along the same lines.

But Spurs have a new everything. It's a totally new system throughout. There's no way that they will be allowed to have 30,000 people in there with a partially complete build. They'd never get insurance in a million years.

I'm not being over the top when I say that Tottenham could end up on the end of a points deduction this season if this drags on. I'd say it's abundantly clear that they've not operated in good faith - probably through being sold a good news story by a developer.
I respect your opinion and your experience but we don't know what is going on behind the scenes and what understanding there is between the club and the FA.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
The chances are zero.

Fingers crossed.

CA1

I dont see why either would happen as it appears we have kept the FA updated about it at all stages and already have agreements in place about alternative arrangements. Unless I'm totally wrong about that - but that is what seems to be the case.
The FA are so up to date they don't know where one of your games this season will be played and when. And it's 2 months away.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
I think there is plenty to suggest that is not the case.

IrishRedDevil

I'd say it's abundantly clear that they've not operated in good faith - probably through being sold a good news story by a developer.
Question marks over the design team/project managers. Main Contractors can bend the truth slightly and paint a good picture, but the Clients design team and project managers should be able to sniff out unrealistic deadlines and false promises before its too late.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I respect your opinion and your experience but we don't know what is going on behind the scenes and what understanding there is between the club and the FA.
I didn't build a football stadium. It was a government project. In a different country. It's almost entirely irrelevant experience.

OR Testing is a vital contractual requirement to meet insurance needs that are covered by a global marketplace though.

All my comments on the football side of things are as much guesswork as everyone else's.

But from a construction side, I expect further delays. The language used I've seen before. Again, all Anecdotal.

I really don't see the club escaping this debacle without the football side being affected though. There are 19 other clubs in the league that will all experience varying levels of punishment through Spurs ability to get their house in order.

It all sounds like a normal construction project - overrun and over budget! The only team that suffer from this are Spurs and their fans, they gain no advantage playing at Wembley or Twickenham or anywhere else, it’s not ideal for anyone, but I don’t see why they should be fined or docked points - that seems like a spiteful response.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
That might be difficult when you aren't reinforcing the squad.

Eriksen hasn't signed a new contract. He'll have a year left next summer.
Rumours from within the club are that he's agreed on a new contract, just not signed and sealed yet...
Make if that what you will however as any interest from the big two in Spain will no doubt impact that!

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It all sounds like a normal construction project - overrun and over budget! The only team that suffer from this are Spurs and their fans, they gain no advantage playing at Wembley or Twickenham or anywhere else, it’s not ideal for anyone, but I don’t see why they should be fined or docked points - that seems like a spiteful response.
Fined for not having their affairs in order and ensuring the work was completed on time. They were already cutting it close and then the Liverpool match had to be moved to Wembley, now we're possibly going to see Spurs play at 3 different home grounds.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Question marks over the design team/project managers. Main Contractors can bend the truth slightly and paint a good picture, but the Clients design team and project managers should be able to sniff out unrealistic deadlines and false promises before its too late.
Projects should not overrun.

Delays are built in from the beginning and revised routinely. Monthly.

I find it impossibly hard to believe that this is new information.

Spurs will whack in a HUGE extension of time claim citing a world of knock on effects.

I don't see how the League lets them do that, and not affect the football side of the business. They're affecting the integrity of the whole league.

Can you imagine the uproar if Spurs lose 50% of their Wembley games and win 100% of the 8 games they play at the new stadium, with the final of those games relegating a team, with the other candidate for relegation being one of the sides that beat Spurs at Wembley? It's a legal minefield that I don't think the league will wear.

It's a huge mess.

UnrelatedPsuedo

No. Not at this late stage. It should not be overrunning now.

Also: the advantage isn't with spurs. The DISADVANTAGE is with other clubs that are not given a level playing field.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Rumours from within the club are that he's agreed on a new contract, just not signed and sealed yet...
Make if that what you will however as any interest from the big two in Spain will no doubt impact that!
If I were Eriksen, I'd be waiting till they put their money where their mouth is, in terms of investing in the squad - Unless they've convinced him that this "top 4 on a shoestring while paying off the stadium" project is something really bold and brave in these brexit times, that he would want to be a part of. Or become one of the top 5 highest paid players in the league.

UnrelatedPsuedo

They couldn't hold test events. There would have been plenty of Critical Park activities that have been delayed or stacked on top of each other that have all fallen over at the same time.

It happens. Usually it doesn't matter.

But Spurs have been allowed to tie this into a sporting calendar that relies on fairness. They've either taken really bad advice, trusted the wrong people, not analysed enough, or been complicit in the whole thing.

None of it looks good for them.

Obviously I'm 100% behind the right people being held to account. Safety is paramount. They are doing all the right things.

But ultimately, they will need to be punished.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Also: the advantage isn't with spurs. The DISADVANTAGE is with other clubs that are not given a level playing field.
I know I consider it an advantage that we are playing them at wembley while some of our rivals might play them at their new stadium. And a huge advantage for man city if they get to play them at fecking twickenham. Which is probably what will happen as the NFL are playing at Wembley the same day.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
So they'll play 2 games at Wembley or more?
Yes, and the FA have refused to move their scheduled home game with City to the Emptyhead.

There is an NFL game on the same day at Wembley so they cannot use it.

This is where the third venue comes from.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
They don't have agreements in place, as Wembley is being used for other events on planned home games for you guys. If this was planned and a possibility they wouldn't have scheduled the NFL game and a Spurs home match on the same day.

This was clearly not expected by the FA, nor Spurs, but it is definitely required as it is a safety issue, which is the most important thing.

It's looking more likely that Spurs should have just accepted moving to Wembley for 2 years and given yourselves a big window to get everything done without this impending dealing coming up. You're already having to pay contractors overtime and more staff to get it done; this is all increasing the overall cost, which is already 100's of million over budget.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Yes, and the FA have refused to move their scheduled home game with City to the Emptyhead.

There is an NFL game on the same day at Wembley so they cannot use it.

This is where the third venue comes from.
Can't they just reschedule the match for midweek at some point? I know both teams play in the CL so it won't be easy to find a slot before January but it surely has to be a better alternative to playing in a third location. For the sake of the league Tottenham should just be made to play at Wembley at a reduced capacity.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Balaks. Your often daft as a brush and equally often quite insightful about your club.

Kind of a gateway drug to both Squish and Glaston.

But let me pin you down on this. Try to remove your Spurs goggles.

How would you feel as a Spurs fan in 5 years time. United get a new stadium. They have your situation. They win 10 games at their new stadium. They lose 8 out of 8 games they're allowed to play at The Etihad.

Spurs are the only team to play them at Twickenham. You lose. They beat you to the title by a point.

Do you feel that that's fair?

Ignore how many ducks need to line up in a row to see that scenario play out.

How does that make you feel? Talk as a football fan. Not a Spurs fan.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Can't they just reschedule the match for midweek at some point? I know both teams play in the CL so it won't be easy to find a slot before January but it surely has to be a better alternative to playing in a third location. For the sake of the league Tottenham should just be made to play at Wembley at a reduced capacity.
They're working on this.

Djemba-Djemba

What a fecking shambles.

I can't wait to hear Glaston come in and try and spin this as a great thing for Spurs and a great thing for the league to have one team using 3 different stadiums as Home in one season. It's a joke and they should be punished.

Number4.

For me this is very simple, If spurs are not in a position to play games in the stadium(s) confirmed at the start of the season, the opposition should receive a walkover & 3 points.

It is crazy to have a situation where teams & fans have no clue where upcoming games will be played & even worse, to have switches forced on them. In a world of fine fine margins, it should be spurs and not the opposition who suffer as a result of their stadium delays.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Seems the most logical thing to do behind tarring and feathering Daniel Levy.
It will be tied to a penalty.

Spurs have compromised the integrity of the league and other clubs will be involved in how this plays out. It's not a Simple issue.

I feel for them. I really do. Levy is an ass and deserves it. But the fans and players don't.

They need to earn some huge goodwill somehow. Free away tickets for the season would help. They need to look outside the club. Their fans will defend them. The league will remember. That sounds pretentious but it's true.

They need to make good with the Premier League and it's member clubs. They're opening themselves up to some pretty big penalties. The negotiations to use Wembley won't have been easy. Advances on that will be close to impossible to pass without penalty.

I believe they'll be facing a points deduction if this isn't the last delay.

Chuck anything I've written in this thread in the 'Quote me' thread.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It will be tied to a penalty.

Spurs have compromised the integrity of the league and other clubs will be involved in how this plays out. It's not a Simple issue.

I feel for them. I really do. Levy is an ass and deserves it. But the fans and players don't.

They need to earn some huge goodwill somehow. Free away tickets for the season would help. They need to look outside the club. Their fans will defend them. The league will remember. That sounds pretentious but it's true.

They need to make good with the Premier League and it's member clubs. They're opening themselves up to some pretty big penalties. The negotiations to use Wembley won't have been easy. Advances on that will be close to impossible to pass without penalty.

I believe they'll be facing a points deduction if this isn't the last delay.

Chuck anything I've written in this thread in the 'Quote me' thread.
Yeah you're right the fans shouldn't pay for this, although if they are to play at Wembley or another ground then I believe that the capacity shouldn't exceed 60,000 and maybe even be lower than that. If they aren't find then I believe they should suffer in some way with revenue, whether that is donating some of the profits to charity or lowering ticket prices. I'm not sure if it's possible but they should be made to play another season in Wembley for the sake of integrity, it might be somewhat of punishment on the fans but it can made right with discounts on home or away tickets.

red4ever 79

Just read Levy earns more than Woodward and Gazidis combined. Must be in the bonus scheme to see how many stadiums you can call home in one season

Emptihead

Supports
Manchester City
The construction timeline was farcical and gave almost no wiggle room for construction delays that always happen. Really terrible situation now and if possible should just be made to play the entirr season at Wembley. Obviously this still leaves the City game to be resolved. I would lean towards them having to forfeit, but I'm slightly biased.

Murray3007

Is there not a rule in place that you can only play your home games at one venue for the entire season ? sure I heard it on talksport about a month ago saying it WHL was not ready they would have to do the whole season at Wembley. unless they have had special permission on the issue.

Guy Incognito

Is there not a rule in place that you can only play your home games at one venue for the entire season ? sure I heard it on talksport about a month ago saying it WHL was not ready they would have to do the whole season at Wembley. unless they have had special permission on the issue.
Yes, but Spurs got special dispensation by the league.

The project must've hinged on naming rights. I doubt the delay is new information, anyonecould've seen it wouldn't be ready for September. I suspect they'll open for the Chelsea home game at the latest.