Spurs v Arsenal - what do we want?

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Might as well make this a thread. I've already posted my thoughts in Arse Fam TV thread.

Logic dictates that an Arsenal win would be best for us. Puts more breathing space between us and the pack. Feck logic, though. I want an absolutely humiliating defeat for Arsenal, with Mikhi at his most infuriatingly inept. Definitely the most enjoyable scenario.
Is anyone else as deeply irrational/bitter as I am? Or does logic win the day?

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Arsenal win or draw. Least bothered about Arsenal.

Hopefully with Alli's own goal though.

Mihai92

Arsenal win, with Micky goal. If Arsenal wins, i'd say that top 4 is almost a certainty this year.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Draw, when two rivals play unless a win is to help us immensely i always hope for a draw.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I'm not sure. Draw is objectively the best result for us but then again I do enjoy seeing rivals lose (more than I dislike seeing them win). Moreso when Arsenal lose, especially to Spurs. A win for the latter is perhaps the worst result for United though. I can't decide.

Danny Roberts

Arsenal win, Kane sent off for breaking Ali's nose and jaw with a kung-fu kick after he flipped him the finger when he missed his third pen of the afternoon.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Draw or Arsenal win. I think there is less than 1% chance of Arsenal overtaking us so not bothered about any win by them.

vangagal

I'm torn. Massive loss for either of them will be fantastic. Arsenal lose means we are in for a treat in AFT meanwhile Spurs lose means less competitor for 2nd place and seeing banter for Poch and Spurs in here quite fascinating lately.
Ok, Alli dive twice and get sent off, Mhki put an atracious form in away as always and finally Arsenal lose, i'm in.

The Hacker

4 all draw with cards and tight hamstrings galore (too mean?)

And Alii sent off. Always always him sent off.

cu3

Don't see both of them as serious competition for 2nd place. Just hoping for an all round entertaining game
filled with controversies.
Is this how its used?

James Peril

Spurs will tear up Arsenal for this game, they are good at exploiting naive teams with high lines. Could be 5-0 for this one, although 3-1 more imaginable

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I want a Spurs win. Better chance of Chelsea dropping out of top 4 that way and Courtois leaving to Madrid meaning De Gea doesn't go.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
An Arsenal win and a win for us and we're 10 points clear of 5th. I'd take that.

Havak

Pokemon master
Over the years, I've actually developed a different kind of opinion of Arsenal. It's strange, as us duking it out with them should've made me hate them more at the time, but I enjoyed those games. Even when we came away with a defeat, or Arsenal won the League, I was more accepting of it than any other time. But now, I just think they're a farce of a team who believe it's a given right that they finish in the top four, are a big team and deserve to be challenging for the title. They're irrelevant right now and don't even deserve to be in the debate. The hatred has become greater than it was when they actually were exactly that [one of the top 2-3 teams in the country]. This is probably down to the majority of their fans being unbearable, however.

Anyway, to the point, I'd probably want a draw between Spurs and Arsenal, just to make us practically a dead cert for Top 4 with a win at Newcastle (most likely Top 3 even with average form). I'm not really bothered by Chelsea either, despite how their club is run. Obviously, ideally I'd prefer Liverpool to drop out of the Top 4, but Spurs or Chelsea in? I couldn't really give much of a feck.

Last edited:

OneUnited24

I'm with you. Mhki to have a terrible game and their new striker to have a fall out on pitch with his team mates. Then for Robbie on AsnlFanTV try to justify it "look we've been saying for years we want more passion from our players and hes just done that"

CA1

A draw.

I can't stand Arsenal and can't want them to win.

RedRom

"Where's Lingard?"
This one is simple, first choice, draw, second choice, Arsenal win, very last resort, Spurs win.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I don't like Tottenham. I actually hope Arsenal beat them...with a few sending offs or temper tantrums thrown in (Dembele will have a temper tantrum regardless of what happens, because he always does).

It's Arsenal so you know they're going to feck up anyway as soon as Wenger out season comes around in a few weeks. They'll probably still somehow find a way to get thrashed by Bayern Munich.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
4-4 draw with 2 red cards each would be nice.

Trizy

Arsenal win. They won't finish above us on the table whereas Spurs might.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
My head says Arsenal win but feck that.
Arsenal have the smuggest fans in the league.
I would love to see DT cry.

Marcky411

A draw all day, let them share a point, neither deserve to have the bragging rights. Would be a good result for us giving us some more breathing space in second. If one of the team must win then Arsenal.

Neuron

This is one of those games where whatever happens, I think I will end up enjoying it :devil:

red_devil83

Hopefully Arsenal stuff them and Muhammed gets sent off. Arsenal are so inconsistent that they'll lose their next game to someone shit anyway. Same as Liverpool when they beat Citeh