Spurs v Arsenal - what do we want?

Paul778

Firstly I'd like to see Mhki have a good game.

It's piddling down outside so end to end finishing as a 4-4 draw would be ideal. Oh and if wishes were horses I'd also ask for a couple of niggly injuries for spurs.

RedRom

"Where's Lingard?"
Firstly I'd like to see Mhki have a good game.

It's piddling down outside so end to end finishing as a 4-4 draw would be ideal. Oh and if wishes were horses I'd also ask for a couple of niggly injuries for spurs.
Why are you wishing for him to have a good game?? You do realise that he has no connection to us anymore don't you?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We surely want a draw or Arsenal win for our top 4 hopes. Expecting a comfortable win for Spurs though.

Paul778

Why are you wishing for him to have a good game?? You do realise that he has no connection to us anymore don't you?
He was nothing but professional for us. I hold no ill will to him.

Of course if Arsenal were closer to us I'd be praying that he'd have a stinker. :)

RedRom

"Where's Lingard?"
He was nothing but professional for us. I hold no ill will to him.

Of course if Arsenal were closer to us I'd be praying that he'd have a stinker. :)
Fine wishing him no ill will, so do I, but hoping he has a good game??
He is just another opposition player now, he is no different to anyone else that doesn't play for us, so I don't get the hoping he has a good game bit/part.

JMack1234

Watching Mhki getting into a good position then putting in a terrible ball.....oh the memories.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
These days they play pretty football without ever actually being a threat to us, they haven't been juiced up with sugar-daddy money like other clubs and my dad supports them. Plus the years we were competing against them were really a lot of fun.

Certainly more likeable than any of Liverpool, City, Chelsea or Spurs. Though tbf so are hemorrhoids.

RedRom

"Where's Lingard?"
These days they play pretty football without ever actually being a threat to us, they haven't been juiced up with sugar-daddy money like other clubs and my dad supports them. Plus the years we were competing against them were really a lot of fun.

Certainly more likeable than any of Liverpool, City, Chelsea or Spurs. Though tbf so are hemorrhoids.
Fair enough, not quite sure that I would agree with the pretty football, unless you meant pretty ineffective football, but okay.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Arsenal win from pretty much every perspective. Spurs are dirty cnuts, they're ahead of them in the league, at home, on a good run, and generally I always found them really annoying. Plus I absolutely hate Dier and Alli as players.

Arsenal I don't find very annoying anymore. They're funny but good to watch usually and won't really be a threat to us in the near future IMO. So Yeah. Easy choice.

prateik

Should want an Arsenal win, but Arsenal losing would be funny, and if Arsenal won, it would boost Liverpool's chances of finishing in the top 4.

suhaylah

want tottenham to leapfrog liverpool; don't want liverpool in the top 4. so i'll not be sad by a tottenham win today.

Andy_Cole

want tottenham to leapfrog liverpool; don't want liverpool in the top 4. so i'll not be sad by a tottenham win today.
To be honest I think Liverpool will finish ahead of Chelsea so will make top four. I do see Spurs being a small threat to us though, so an Arsenal win or draw for me.

wolvored

It was one game against a mediocre Everton. Look at Arsenals form.

Surprised so many people want an Arsenal win. Spurs losing helps Chelsea way too much, even a draw does. From a long term perspective Chelsea finishing outside the Top 4 is the best result for our club IMO.
Its all irrelevant now as spurs won, but with Arsenal losing ground and Chelsea off form will only help us obviously. In my opinion as long as we win, the other top 5 drawing with each other is the best result irrespective of position. Lets hope we dont feck it up against Newcastle

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Only the ones currently playing for a direct rival. For bleeding obvious reasons.
Which is the very definition of sad, we didn't want him, end off, and maybe you should have a little bit more confidence in the team you say you support and stop worrying so much about what our rivals are doing, that's if you can call Arsenal a rival.

suhaylah

Its all irrelevant now as spurs won, but with Arsenal losing ground and Chelsea off form will only help us obviously. In my opinion as long as we win, the other top 5 drawing with each other is the best result irrespective of position. Lets hope we dont feck it up against Newcastle
Chelsea have a better squad than Liverpool. If they can turn around their bad form, they will end up in the top four along with Tottenham

Member 90887

Only the ones currently playing for a direct rival. For bleeding obvious reasons.
Which is the very definition of sad, we didn't want him, end off, and maybe you should have a little bit more confidence in the team you say you support and stop worrying so much about what our rivals are doing, that's if you can call Arsenal a rival.
I don't understand the reasoning here. he doesn't want Mkhi to do well because he doesn't want Arsenal to do well. the reasons are obvious.

To be the better team you also need the opposition to be not as good as you and the only way of doing that is if their players don't perform. i would gladly take a de bruyne dip of form or even a couple of seasons off for him coupled with excellent seasons for our players. that would help catching city.

slir32

For United i wanted Spurs to draw or lose but the little boy inside me wanted spurs to win so i could enjoy arsenal fan tv more.

SirAF

Ageist
For United i wanted Spurs to draw or lose but the little boy inside me wanted spurs to win so i could enjoy arsenal fan tv more.
Arsenal losing is never wrong.. they could be 14 points behind United today :drool:

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
I don't understand the reasoning here. he doesn't want Mkhi to do well because he doesn't want Arsenal to do well. the reasons are obvious.

To be the better team you also need the opposition to be not as good as you and the only way of doing that is if their players don't perform. i would gladly take a de bruyne dip of form or even a couple of seasons off for him coupled with excellent seasons for our players. that would help catching city.
If United were playing Arsenal in the FA Cup final tomorrow i'd want him to have a stinker, he could cry off before the game for me, but other than situations like that at the business end of the season I don't really care how he plays, and i'm not sure why anybody else would, there's a whole raft of reasons why players don't 'make' it at Old Trafford, but I wish them well and hope they make a success of their career elsewhere, maybe it's just me though...

Moonwalker

If United were playing Arsenal in the FA Cup final tomorrow i'd want him to have a stinker, he could cry off before the game for me, but other than situations like that at the business end of the season I don't really care how he plays, and i'm not sure why anybody else would, there's a whole raft of reasons why players don't 'make' it at Old Trafford, but I wish them well and hope they make a success of their career elsewhere, maybe it's just me though...
Hopefully, yes.