g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I have all the playstations and a rather high end PC (it was high end 2 years ago, so it's probably an old timer now actually). I recently replayed Elden Ring on PS5 after playing it extensively on PS4 and I obviously notice the difference, but I just really realllllly don't care.
It’s a bit like enjoying 15 FPS during the last console generation. Me no can do anymore :D

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
It’s a bit like enjoying 15 FPS during the last console generation. Me no can do anymore :D
But at 15 fps you can actually see that it's not one fluid image (below 24 fps or something I think), that's where even I draw the line.

I mean, if a game has unlimited budget and enough resources to be an amazing game and have amazing performance I'd obviously rather it has 60 fps. But some triple A games now are all graphics and presentation and meh gameplay and story and that's just a sign of creative bankruptcy. Let's make it very shiny so they don't see it's a turd.

Hamnat

I am liking it so far. Trying to figure out what stance I like best on my light saber. I'm glad they added the amputation etc in fights this time. Means it feels more like a saber battle.

Ainu

I have all the playstations and a rather high end PC (it was high end 2 years ago, so it's probably an old timer now actually). I recently replayed Elden Ring on PS5 after playing it extensively on PS4 and I obviously notice the difference, but I just really realllllly don't care.
Elden Ring is not a good example, as that game has all sorts of performance issues even on the PS5 and X.

I find it very hard to believe that anyone with eyes really doesn't care about 60 vs 30 fps. It's not just how it looks, its the overall responsiveness as well, it's a world of difference for the majority of games. There's a reason why even in the PS1 days, games like Wipeout targeted 60 fps (except in PAL territories, but that's a whole other discussion), or why pc gamers several decades ago were aiming for much higher than 30 fps already.

Maybe you genuinely don't care, but that clearly makes you an exception, there's no point insisting like that's somehow not the case.

Woodzy

This still looks nice even on performance mode tbh. Unlike Hogwarts which looks dog shit.

Some minor stutters but no glaring issues so far. People get wound up for nothing sometimes.

nimic

something nice
Scout
But at 15 fps you can actually see that it's not one fluid image (below 24 fps or something I think), that's where even I draw the line.

I mean, if a game has unlimited budget and enough resources to be an amazing game and have amazing performance I'd obviously rather it has 60 fps. But some triple A games now are all graphics and presentation and meh gameplay and story and that's just a sign of creative bankruptcy. Let's make it very shiny so they don't see it's a turd.
I can very easily tell the that it's not one fluid image at 30fps. Honestly, these days 60 fps isn't enough either. If I change from 144hz to 60hz on my monitor, there's a very clear difference. Now I'm not expecting 144 fps on console games, but I am expecting 60.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Elden Ring is not a good example, as that game has all sorts of performance issues even on the PS5 and X.

I find it very hard to believe that anyone with eyes really doesn't care about 60 vs 30 fps. It's not just how it looks, its the overall responsiveness as well, it's a world of difference for the majority of games. There's a reason why even in the PS1 days, games like Wipeout targeted 60 fps (except in PAL territories, but that's a whole other discussion), or why pc gamers several decades ago were aiming for much higher than 30 fps already.

Maybe you genuinely don't care, but that clearly makes you an exception, there's no point insisting like that's somehow not the case.
I know I'm the exception. I'm currently playing final fantasy 4 for the 10th time while still not being able to get past the first 30 minutes of God of War without dying of boredom :lol:

I just miss old games.

Tiber

Is this a sequel to that last game? Same gameplay?

man I found that so incredibly boring and I really wanted to love it.
I don't overly care for the dark souls style gameplay but damn the story is great

Having a good time with the Jedi Survivor, haven't noticed any graphical issues on PS5

Woodzy

The game felt really linear to start with but the second planet
there’s an open world section which was a pleasant surprise. Performance is dog shit though :lol:

Good fun though. It’s more of the same tbh.

caid

The game felt really linear to start with but the second planet
there’s an open world section which was a pleasant surprise. Performance is dog shit though :lol:

Good fun though. It’s more of the same tbh.
Sold!
(in a years time when it costs a tenner)

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
This game also has the thing where the bad guys could have easily won the day if they had just covered up a few of these conveniently placed climbable fences.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Really looking forward to playing this. Loved the first one so if its more of the same I'm game

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Cal is a much better character now so far. It also has a bit of the Uncharted humor with banter and puns. Me gusta.

Siorac

I like Cal more this time, at least so far. Maybe I'm just happy to see him again but I really didn't care about him in the first game.

Game's fun so far though the combat is still iffy. Coruscant is cool though I somehow missed a ton of collectibles.

Hamnat

After playing all day it does have some framerate issues. I have had some sound issues in headphones. It has crashed a few times. Not unplayable at all but I am definitely in the high end PC bracket they are apologizing too. It isnt so bad I regret buying it or anything the story is fun and I played almost all day.

caid

Its nearly to be expected. Being open about it and fixing them reasonably quickly is the best you can expect particularly with an EA developer. Poor deal for people buying on release but seeing how it runs in a months time is probably more relevant to me.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Ps5 Performance mode started off really well. By the time I got to the end of the 2nd planet, it was running like a bust arse. Doors not opening for a good 30 seconds so it could half ass the loading of the next room. Eventually had to reboot not only the game, but the ps5 and it just came back again. It's a fun game, and the opening is fantastic. Gets a bit since and repeat after that, with the performance issues really affecting gameplay. Theres a Rancor battle and it's a one hit kill type deal, so you need to be moving constantly. But because of the performance you can jump out of the way of Rancor, hit its shoulder and then warp into its hand to give it a tasty snack. Or you jump out of the way of these wild arm swings, but they hit you anyway. And like I said, one hit kill. It got a bit infuriating to be honest.

Im sure the game will be solid once it's ironed out the performance issues. As it stands it's up and down. Some areas play nice others not so much. As for other areas, the fighting is the same but it flows better than before. Although it still has some issues with people being hit with.a fecking lightsaber and not flinching at all. Which is kinda weird. The platformering has a few new tricks and makes for a lot more fun than the first game, if youre into that sorting thing. All in all it's good, not great, and the performance issues really let it down. I played Dead Island 2 last week which I thought would be an utter mess considering the road it took to get to release, but that ended up being the more polished game. Which is a bit a shocker.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Ps5 Performance mode started off really well. By the time I got to the end of the 2nd planet, it was running like a bust arse. Doors not opening for a good 30 seconds so it could half ass the loading of the next room. Eventually had to reboot not only the game, but the ps5 and it just came back again. It's a fun game, and the opening is fantastic. Gets a bit since and repeat after that, with the performance issues really affecting gameplay. Theres a Rancor battle and it's a one hit kill type deal, so you need to be moving constantly. But because of the performance you can jump out of the way of Rancor, hit its shoulder and then warp into its hand to give it a tasty snack. Or you jump out of the way of these wild arm swings, but they hit you anyway. And like I said, one hit kill. It got a bit infuriating to be honest.

Im sure the game will be solid once it's ironed out the performance issues. As it stands it's up and down. Some areas play nice others not so much. As for other areas, the fighting is the same but it flows better than before. Although it still has some issues with people being hit with.a fecking lightsaber and not flinching at all. Which is kinda weird. The platformering has a few new tricks and makes for a lot more fun than the first game, if youre into that sorting thing. All in all it's good, not great, and the performance issues really let it down. I played Dead Island 2 last week which I thought would be an utter mess considering the road it took to get to release, but that ended up being the more polished game. Which is a bit a shocker.
The Rancor was chomping on me multiple times before I finally beat him.

Tiber

The Rancor was chomping on me multiple times before I finally beat him.

The rancor is a bloody nightmare

I still have some issues with the style of the game (why the feck do I need to run to a random circle to save and not being able to get more stimpacks without bringing back every enemy does my head in) but 13 hours in I'm having a great time overall

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The rancor is a bloody nightmare

I still have some issues with the style of the game (why the feck do I need to run to a random circle to save and not being able to get more stimpacks without bringing back every enemy does my head in) but 13 hours in I'm having a great time overall
That's just the Dark Souls clone thing they're going for. Agree it's a weird fit for these games.. especially the respawning is a bit immersion breaking.

Hamnat

I thought the Jeda battle with Merrin was really epic and unique at the end. But, something about Jeda crashes me over and over. I get outta there and its ok again.
Overall it is fun imo. Some of these extended walls jump sequences or hoping from zip line to zip line got annoying because of the camera. Getting the right camera view quickly in some of those killed me more than anything.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Some, if you play the games bade by the likes of EA. But there’s a lot of good stuff out there even in the mainstream market. But for me it’s very hard to play 30FPS now that I’m used to 60. It’s like going back to watching films on VCR - I could make exception but aside from that I’m not going to do it. And I’m not some only big budget gamer - for me Outer Wilds has a strong case for being the greatest game ever made (it’s in my top 3) and most here wouldn’t be able to stick with it as it’s that unique.

Bebe

Lots of fun so far (Rancor took at least a dozen tries) but the stuttering and tearing on ps5 is really making me wish my TV was capable of VRR.

Hamnat

Good hope this helps I wont return to Jeda unless I have to with the crashing.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Really enjoying it so far and as of yet I have not seen any issues with performance (on PS5). Just got the option to go to Jedah, so we will see how that goes based on the comments above. Really pleased they didn't do the normal "character forgot all the shit he learned in the first game" trope.

Edit: Not sure if it was the patch this morning or I never noticed it before, but definitely see some weird fuzzy edges when running. Also, Merin is fuzzy on some cut scenes.

Last edited:

Tiber

So I'm now a jedi with a ranged weapon. Love the idea, not sure if its going to a really be a viable spec, but it's very different for a star wars game

Siorac

Although it still has some issues with people being hit with.a fecking lightsaber and not flinching at all. Which is kinda weird.
It's really hard to say whether 1) I pulled off a parry and 2) if I hit the opponent or they blocked me. You need to pay attention to the block meter for the latter but that isn't exactly engaging design...

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
It's really hard to say whether 1) I pulled off a parry and 2) if I hit the opponent or they blocked me. You need to pay attention to the block meter for the latter but that isn't exactly engaging design...
The sluggish/floaty combat and lack of weight of strikes was definitely one of the first things they needed to fix. I'm not surprised they haven't tbh, but I am disappointed.

Bosws87

For the proper souls people, how's the combat something was off last time is it right now?

Hamnat

Had to return to Jeda again. Crashed immediately after landing in the archives. But, the story I am finding interesting. Won't spoil but finally got through to the speeder chase sequence you see from the trailers. Took 3 times with the game crashing on a ASUS 4090 to get past the chase which was otherwise fun in my opinion.

I am in several other beta programs with software and work with software groups all the time so I think I have more tolerance than others. This is decidedly a buggier experience than I had with first day Cyberpunk which had notorious issues for some at launch.

Anyway my Cal is growing out his beard and has a manbun.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch

Same girl, she likes her coffee breaks.
I'd like to go for a coffee break with her and then not be able to say anything and then walk away awkwardly and embarrassed and then lock myself in a room and cover myself in vaseline and cry myself to sleep.