g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming Starfield | Metacritic (Series X): 83, OpenCritic: 86

Fully Fledged

It’s tempting to get the early access but seems a bit daft when it’s one of the best reasons to have Game Pass. Will let the more money than sense crowd iron out the early bugs :wenger:

I’m preloaded and ready to roll though.
I agree. There's no way I'm paying extra just to play the game 5 days early. I'm preloaded and waiting for release.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Hmm £479 for a Series X or £299 for the new black 1TB Series S, not sure what to do.
If you can stretch to it then definitely the Series X.

Alock1

I agree. There's no way I'm paying extra just to play the game 5 days early. I'm preloaded and waiting for release.
It’s tempting to get the early access but seems a bit daft when it’s one of the best reasons to have Game Pass. Will let the more money than sense crowd iron out the early bugs :wenger:

I’m preloaded and ready to roll though.
You pay £35 but also get the first dlc expansion included. In the past these have been pretty big games themselves with tons of content.

I'm pretty confident I'd end up buying that anyway so happy to shell out.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
You pay £35 but also get the first dlc expansion included. In the past these have been pretty big games themselves with tons of content.

I'm pretty confident I'd end up buying that anyway so happy to shell out.
Ah that’s interesting. I’m more tempted now

Alock1

What Skyrim DLC was worth £35?
Well if you gameshare it's 17.50 which would be the case for me. But also the lens on that money is different when you are getting the game 'for free'.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Well if you gameshare it's 17.50 which would be the case for me. But also the lens on that money is different when you are getting the game 'for free'.
I'm not entirely serious, Skyrim had some great DLC and I'm probably buying the full on version of this on Steam (I can't be fecked with windows store even though I have GP).

I don't often get special editions, unless it's some decent physical pack thing, but I'm hyped enough for this to.

Alock1

That's the kind of boast that normally puts me off a bit. Games that brag about map size, then put feck all in it except pointless copy & pasted or 'procedurally generated' stuff. Even better when they add collectables and achievements just so people actually go to these places and call it 'content'. Farcry 3 still hurts me...
I think the marketing is off. They've already said that only 10% of planets have life, afterall its space and most of space is nothing. The core 4 or 5 cities will have a lot more care and craft and that's what I'm looking forward to. The 10% with generated content will only be good filler if the gunplay is good fun.

The 90% of planets that have very little on them I am hoping you can pretty much ignore unless you are going hardcore on resource collection for some of the advanced ship building stuff.

Hamnat

Will wait till customer reviews are in. The AMD exclusive upscaling is strange to me. AAA game should support both on PC from the start. But, we will see.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Sure it wasn't New Vegas you were playing? :lol:
I gave up on that one too.

Can’t describe exactly what it is but for some reason I just don’t get any or much enjoyment out of the post apocalyptic environments, enemies and weapons in either of them, just not my bag. *shrugs*

I have tried though.

Saying that, I’ve never really been into the whole Fanstasy side of things. Dragons and goblins and stuff (beyond LOTR) but Oblivion and Skyrim, even though they’re very similarly structured games as fallout, have taken up a bigger portion of my life than almost any other games … go figure. *shrugs again*

Alock1

Loads of leaks out there including the first 30 minutes of the game.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hmm £479 for a Series X or £299 for the new black 1TB Series S, not sure what to do.
As has been said, Series X if you have the money.

Nickosaur

Actually seems like the main leak is from someone who just got shipped a physical copy super early?

Alock1

Looks fecking good though doesn't it

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Should I buy an Xbox for this? Probably cheaper than being a new high end gfx card for my pc.

Is there anything else good on Xbox that's not on Switch or Ps5?

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Any word on whether it's going to be Steam Deck compatible yet?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Not really to both.

Gpu prices have dropped, especially for anything that will better the series X.
My rtx 2070 is probably better than an xbox too, but BG runs like a turd on my set up. Might also be my rubbish processor.

I just cant be arsed with configuring and building a pc. I just want to plug something in and play it without hassle and whether that's on 30, 60 or over 9000 fps, who cares.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
My rtx 2070 is probably better than an xbox too, but BG runs like a turd on my set up. Might also be my rubbish processor.

I just cant be arsed with configuring and building a pc. I just want to plug something in and play it without hassle and whether that's on 30, 60 or over 9000 fps, who cares.
Yeah the processor is likely the key there. But buying a motherboard bundle for less that £400 would still piss over the Xbox and it's plug and play!

But, you know, just buy an Xbox for one game and 30fps ;)

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Yeah the processor is likely the key there. But buying a motherboard bundle for less that £400 would still piss over the Xbox and it's plug and play!

But, you know, just buy an Xbox for one game and 30fps ;)
Meh. I'll buy it on PC and see how it runs and we'll go from there.

I'm not a huge Bethesda fan anyway. Only Bethesda games I even beat are New Vegas and Morrowind.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Meh. I'll buy it on PC and see how it runs and we'll go from there.

I'm not a huge Bethesda fan anyway. Only Bethesda games I even beat are New Vegas and Morrowind.
Class games, although I think they only published NV and it was obsidian who actually developed it (I think).

Did You play oblivion?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Class games, although I think they only published NV and it was obsidian who actually developed it (I think).

Did You play oblivion?
Ah you're right, New Vegas is Obsidian. Yeah, I played Oblivion (and Skyrim) as well. Just lost interest midway through. I don't really like extremely open world games.

Same reason the Switch Zelda games don't gel with me. Or Red Dead Redemption.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
I think Valve usually declare most new AAA releases compatible with Steam Deck within a day or so of the game releasing. It certainly went that way with Resident Evil 4 earlier this year.
It doesn’t mean much other than the deck can boot the game up and run it. Being at all playable and not insanely buggy is a whole other story. The devs would need to do a lot of work to make it playable I imagine. Some put in the effort, some don’t.