Steven Gerrard | Rangers Manager

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
I see. Still, the Liverpool-Celtic connection is surely stronger. Don't see him inspiring the huns to win over a far superior Celtic squad.
Historically it's always been Rangers . When Liverpool were formed the owner a Scottish Protestant got loads of Protestant players down from Scotland. Our nickname was a team full of Macs.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
@Gio what are you making of the signings made so far? 6 in despite being skint is pretty good so far. They need at least one goal scorer though to challenge
Aye, so far so good. Without knowing much about the defenders we've signed, I'm glad Gerrard has identified the issue in the centre of defence and acted quickly. The fit the right sort of profile - young, athletic, good on the ball - players that will improve, can potentially make us money in the long term, and importantly allow us to play higher up the park and give the midfield less ground to cover. Heard some decent things about Goldson and Ejaria too.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Shit...that's not in the script. :(

SteveJ

Scout
Good thinking, chief.

James Peril

Gerrard will become a top manager. Feel pretty sure about that!
Just like Graeme Souness? Gerrard will never be a top manager, too hot-headed and irrational, just like he was as a player. Never came across as very intelligent in interviews, on the contrary. Just like Paul Scholes.

simplyared

Just like Graeme Souness? Gerrard will never be a top manager, too hot-headed and irrational, just like he was as a player. Never came across as very intelligent in interviews, on the contrary. Just like Paul Scholes.
Disagree
Disagree! Thought he was very calm and collected after Rangers defeat to Celtic in his post match comments. Conducted himself very professionally imo.

MUFC OK

Disagree

Disagree! Thought he was very calm and collected after Rangers defeat to Celtic in his post match comments. Conducted himself very professionally imo.
Too early to say really, done well to qualify for Europa though I'd be astounded if they get out of that group. Taking this Rangers team to second is probably the realistic expectation, and they won't topple Celtic, the gap is probably comparable to City and Arsenal. If he can somehow overthrow them in the next few years, he will have done amazingly but I see him doing an average job and probably having to prove himself at a low level PL club in the future before we can assess his credentials.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Blaming the ref for the defeat yesterday. Seems like he has brought the scouse 'always the victim' mentality to his managerial career.

ZAGREB RED

The only difference between Slippy G's Rangers team yesterday and the game where they lost 5-0 late on last season is they now have a better keeper and look slightly better drilled and more resilient.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo

I kind of like what he says, but it's not like he didn't have multiple shite games in big moments himself. Is he saying Pool should've replaced him when he did those things? Of course they shouldn't have.

macheda14

I kind of like what he says, but it's not like he didn't have multiple shite games in big moments himself. Is he saying Pool should've replaced him when he did those things? Of course they shouldn't have.
I mean I’m pretty sure he isn’t saying one bad big game and you’re out - it’s more if they continuously don’t turn up in a run of big games. He had multiple bad moments but they very rarely came one after another

Deleted member 101472

He forgot to mention that they can also sack the manager when players don’t perform

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Can't really argue with what he's saying. We dominated the Spartak and the Aberdeen games but couldn't score. Happened a few times this season.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist

The hard man persona doesn't suit him :lol:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Question: Steven Gerrard proves to be a great manager, a Pep mark II if you will. Would you take him at United?

SteveJ

Scout
Amadeus strikes again.

IRELANDUNITED

Ironic that he's saying this after he was responsible for costing his club the biggest chance they ever had to win a Premier League title

Inter Yer Nan

Question: Steven Gerrard proves to be a great manager, a Pep mark II if you will. Would you take him at United?
First thought is no because he's a nob but the tears of the scousers and their meltdown might just be worth it. Imagine if he were to win the league with United? They'd never live that down.

Michael Owen is a scrote but I'm still glad he's in photos with a United kit on holding the premier league.