Suarez bites | "sorry for falling into him and biting him and that"

Lance Uppercut

There is no basis for claiming that certain sponsors may be put off being associated with a club that employs Suarez? You sure about that?

MJJ

There is no basis for claiming that certain sponsors may be put off being associated with a club that employs Suarez? You sure about that?
Yup, unless you have the facts to back it up. He has been there for more than two seasons and has been acting like a cnut since day 1. If during that time period, liverpool sponsorship figure has improved than your claim doesnt make sense.

Lance Uppercut

Yup, unless you have the facts to back it up. He has been there for more than two seasons and has been acting like a cnut since day 1. If during that time period, liverpool sponsorship figure has improved than your claim doesnt make sense.
And what if their figures would have improved even further if they didn't employ Suarez?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Suarez's non handshake to Evra created enough furore in the world media and even the NYT which are not particularly known for their football articles, wrote a scathing article on Suarez. An article which meant that Suarez and Dalglish had to apologize for their actions.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
You can also argue that if Suarez hadn't missed all of those matches then Liverpool would've been undoubtedly more successful and they'd have got more sponsorship deals. It's absolutely crazy to think Suarez's actions didn't have a negative impact on Liverpool.

Adebesi

If Suarez goes to Barca I will lose any respect I had for that club, they will be no better than Madrid in my eyes, I will go from respecting them to hating them. And by extension Unicef, and by extension again, children.

If Suarez goes to Barca I will disown my own children.

XdanielredX

If Suarez goes to Barca I will lose any respect I had for that club, they will be no better than Madrid in my eyes, I will go from respecting them to hating them. And by extension Unicef, and by extension again, children.

Even if they don't sign him they're just as bad.

Don't let their PR machine fool you as they have fooled many.

surf

Do the Barca fans want Suarez, not just in terms of his proneness to long suspensions but also how he would fit into their forward line?

Last edited:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
This whole ordeal feels like some weirdly orchestrated scheme...

I mean, it's not... and he's clearly mental... but still.

MJJ

And what if their figures would have improved even further if they didn't employ Suarez?
:lol: Now you are just grasping at straws. Suarez is among the top five players in the world, and hands down the best striker in the EPL. Find me another player of that quality that liverpool could have signed two years ago, or even a year ago. He has played a major part in their resurgence which has led to more sponsorship deals,etc.

You can also argue that if Suarez hadn't missed all of those matches then Liverpool would've been undoubtedly more successful and they'd have got more sponsorship deals. It's absolutely crazy to think Suarez's actions didn't have a negative impact on Liverpool.
My arugment with randall was that he didnt want suarez at united because of his actions. All am pointing out is that he has had an overall positive effect at liverpool, thats not even debatable.

Yes, if he wasnt a retard liverpool would have been more successful but even with the suspensions, he was the best player in the epl last year. Like I said, liverpool cant attract anyone close to his quality.
MJJ is having a mare here.
How?

Lance Uppercut

:lol: Now you are just grasping at straws. Suarez is among the top five players in the world, and hands down the best striker in the EPL. Find me another player of that quality that liverpool could have signed two years ago, or even a year ago.
What the f*ck has any of that got to do with what I said?

He has played a major part in their resurgence which has led to more sponsorship deals,etc.
He has bitten two players and has been found guilty of racially abusing a player while employed by the club. Clearly he played a HUGE part in attracting sponsors to the club. After all, who wouldn't want to be associated with that asshole?

Well, 888poker, who have already dropped him, and adidas who have stopped using him in promotional adverts, to name two.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
@MJJ

888poker have already dropped Suarez. Adidas said they were reviewing their partnership with Suarez and reviewing all ongoing marketing activity involving him and have no intention of using him for promotions in the near future. Liverpool's main Sponsor also want to review things over the summer (possibly a hint that they are watching to see whether Suarez stays or goes).

I think it's fair to say sponsors are not overly keen on being linked with Suarez right now.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins

:lol:

Tarrou

I know a lot of non-United fans who are pretty much anti-Liverpool just because of the way they handled the Evra thing, and the way their fans behaved during it. They revelled in the title implosion in the same way United fans did, and I found it very strange that neutrals would favour City over them.

It's impossible to measure the negative impact that incident had on the club but there was definitely a negative impact, that can't be doubted from what I've seen. It's difficult to gauge it tangibly, through sponsorships or whatever, because as some have pointed out we will never know the way things would have played out if it didn't happen. Racism is a very, very important issue for some people, and rightly so.

reelworld

Sunderland fans, who cheerfully celebrated Man City winning the league 2 seasons ago at our expense, absolutely hate Suarez because of the Evra incident. Actually, it was one of the few thing that Newcastle fans and Sunderland fans agreed

A1X

I think most English football fans who don't support Liverpool hate Suarez. Even a few of the Brighton fans I've spoken to think he's just a colossal dick.

x42bn6

@MJJ

888poker have already dropped Suarez. Adidas said they were reviewing their partnership with Suarez and reviewing all ongoing marketing activity involving him and have no intention of using him for promotions in the near future. Liverpool's main Sponsor also want to review things over the summer (possibly a hint that they are watching to see whether Suarez stays or goes).

I think it's fair to say sponsors are not overly keen on being linked with Suarez right now.
Standard Chartered also had a word with Liverpool after he didn't shake Evra's hand. No material impact as of now, but something that could hurt them in the future.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Liverpool went to Barcelona to talk about a deal?
Nothing finalised so 'We go again' next week.

|Neo|x

He could be available for the start of the season if the court of Arbitration for Sport decided to suspend his ban until his appeal is heard.

Mindhunter

Serves the twat well! The way he and the rest of Uruguay played the incident down was astonishing to say the least.

In my world, I would have forcefully made him undergo a root canal.

Zen

Let it get past arbitration first guys before you celebrate.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
He could be available for the start of the season if the court of Arbitration for Sport decided to suspend his ban until his appeal is heard.
Would he want that? Couldn't it mean he would then have to serve it later in case the appeal is unsuccessful, at a more decisive phase of the season?

I guess it hinges on his lawyers being convinced that the reason is on their side or it being a case of "oh well, we might as well give it a try... Who knows we might get lucky?".

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
If you manage to become it as regularly as Suarez, I think it's a bit hard to claim it's "something that you are not".

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Tyson was at least goaded by copping headbutts during the fight. Suarez has no such (albeit feeble) excuse.

naturalized

Supports
nufc
Sunderland fans, who cheerfully celebrated Man City winning the league 2 seasons ago at our expense, absolutely hate Suarez because of the Evra incident. Actually, it was one of the few thing that Newcastle fans and Sunderland fans agreed
This is correct.