Suarez bites | "sorry for falling into him and biting him and that"

Rafateria

So i can hold a knife against u. But unless i make a cut im innocent?
Very silly example. In that case you have made a threat with intent, in the present. You can't suppose someone is going to re-offend or commit a more serious crime in the future, you can only punish them for what has been committed. Since when has any court punished anyone for something that hasn't happened !

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I have this nagging feeling in my gut, that nothing will happen to him FIFA will say that nothing can be proved and he will be cleared to play.
I hope I am wrong, if he gets away with it, he will do it again.
Can't see it happening. He's clearly bitten someone on the football pitch. It has to be a pretty lengthy ban.

pauldyson1uk

Can't see it happening. He's clearly bitten someone on the football pitch. It has to be a pretty lengthy ban.
I agree with you 100% , but we all know what FIFA is like.
Whatever ban he does get it wont be even close to the 2 years being mentioned, more like 6 - 9 months, I hope that ban is worldwide and for ALL football, not just international games.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Whatever ban he does get it wont be even close to the 2 years being mentioned, more like 6 - 9 months, I hope that ban is worldwide and for ALL football, not just international games.
I don't think it will be all football. They know Liverpool would lose the plot if that happens.

On the downside, this has probably killed any chance of a move to madrid.

devil in me

Me too, because if its just for international football then Suarez really isn't being punished. A 6 month ban from international football probably consists of a couple of friendlies. It won't matter to him in the slightest. Any ban HAS to be all football for it to have any impact on him. However, I can see FIFA being idiots and giving him a six month international ban or something similar.

C'est Moi Cantona

Most geniuses generally have a flaw in their personality, it's often what makes them so good, sadly for Suarez he expresses in this shocking way every now and again.

Personally I think a 6-8 game ban, plus some sort of counselling will do, thing I hate is the Uruguayan FA, and media just plain denying it happened, and blaming the English, and Italian media, just stupidity on their behalf.

TheShedEnd

Anti-Football WUM
Supports
Chelsea
I have this nagging feeling in my gut, that nothing will happen to him FIFA will say that nothing can be proved and he will be cleared to play.
I hope I am wrong, if he gets away with it, he will do it again.
FIFA would get crucified if that happened, and the Italian FA would start a major shit storm.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Most geniuses generally have a flaw in their personality, it's often what makes them so good, sadly for Suarez he expresses in this shocking way every now and again.

Personally I think a 6-8 game ban, plus some sort of counselling will do, thing I hate is the Uruguayan FA, and media just plain denying it happened, and blaming the English, and Italian media, just stupidity on their behalf.

:lol:
He's not a genius...he's just really good at footy.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
If you think that then name one instance ....
You want me to quote a specific case? Hmmm. I thought it was obvious. Maybe not.

I have spent a few horrid weeks as a court reporter and more than once heard defence lawyers saying it was a first offence and there was nothing to point towards reoffending, I took that to mean they were relevant factors.

nick2004

We should not forget that Liverpool is also responsible for this.

There were two serious incidents that made it obvious that this man needs help. From professionals. Whatever Liverpool did, it did not work, they have responsibility, too.

redpersie

Me too, because if its just for international football then Suarez really isn't being punished. A 6 month ban from international football probably consists of a couple of friendlies. It won't matter to him in the slightest. Any ban HAS to be all football for it to have any impact on him. However, I can see FIFA being idiots and giving him a six month international ban or something similar.
Suarez will be getting banned from the World Cup, that's big punishment enough.

pauldyson1uk

We should not forget that Liverpool is also responsible for this.

There were two serious incidents that made it obvious that this man needs help. From professionals. Whatever Liverpool did, it did not work, they responsibility, too.
Cant agree with this sorry, no matter how much I hate Liverpool, there is no fault at there door for him being a complete idiot.

Drummer

Hope he is forced to wear a gum shield for the rest of his career.....

No player is safe from his nashers.

Drummer

Suarez will be getting banned from the World Cup, that's big punishment enough.
I'm inclined to agree with you...

It's a hard one to judge. Any player would prefer to be bitten then have any injury that would force them to miss games.. That's not excusing what he did, more trying to put it into context in the physical severity of it... Plenty of players go in hard and look to injure players. Look at Neymar nearly elbowing modric in the face. Just because it happens in the game doesn't make it ok to ignore.

It's the fact that it looks bad on replays and is not common that makes it a hard call.. It's not like people are gonna start biting players to copy him. He is clearly disturbed so punishing him with a lengthy ban actually won't serve much purpose...

I don't like him at all and wouldn't shed a tear if he got banned for life but think that there is a bit of an over reaction to it.. World Cup ban is enough.

nick2004

Cant agree with this sorry, no matter how much I hate Liverpool, there is not fault at there door for him being a complete idiot.
They did not discipline him. On the contrary, they were "furious" he got a ban for recism. In practice, this is like they encouraged him.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/dec/20/liverpool-luis-suarez-patrice-evra

Liverpool furious as Luis Suárez banned in Patrice Evra racism row
• Striker set to miss eight games and is fined £40,000
• Liverpool consider appeal against striker's conviction

Drummer

They did not discipline him. On the contrary, they were "furious" he got a ban for recism. In practice, this is like they encouraged him.
Liverpool got their just desserts for that debacle. Publicly the rest of the world thought they were idiots and they lost revenue and sponsorship as a result.

But let's not forget our own defence of cantona. I remember him back kicking a Norwich player in the head in one game.. And Roy Keane was no angel. He wasn't sold for admitting tha he wanted to end haalands career in his own book!

Every manager will defend their top players. It's just part of the game. Don't pretend united wouldn't do the same if he was at our club as we have defended players who did worse then take a nibble out of opponents...

Rafateria

You want me to quote a specific case? Hmmm. I thought it was obvious. Maybe not.

I have spent a few horrid weeks as a court reporter and more than once heard defence lawyers saying it was a first offence and there was nothing to point towards reoffending, I took that to mean they were relevant factors.
I see where you are going with this but that is being punished for the first and only offence ... the solicitors are simply trying to use the 'nothing to point towards re-offending' line to mitigate punishment in the first instance. The offender is not being punished for something that they may or may not commit at some future time.

AllezLesDiables

To me the worst part of all of this is that he snuck up on Chellini from behind and Chellini had no way of defending himself or protecting himself.

Who is to say that Suarez doesn't choose plant a boot in someone's back from behind which is a far more dangerous action and as a result a player gets paralyzed.

Sure I am talking about a remote and extreme theoretical action, but if that did happen and FA did nothing they would be sued for failing to provide a safe work environment.

That's exactly where this is currently at I can't imagine that anyone would feel at ease playing against him currently.

I think he should receive a lengthy ban and I think he should not be allowed to return to any football until he is psychiatrically cleared to do so.

MAME DIOUF 32

Cant agree with this sorry, no matter how much I hate Liverpool, there is no fault at there door for him being a complete idiot.
It's the logical result of someone like him being in an environment where nothing's never his fault and support is unconditional.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
Liverpool got their just desserts for that debacle. Publicly the rest of the world thought they were idiots and they lost revenue and sponsorship as a result.

But let's not forget our own defence of cantona. I remember him back kicking a Norwich player in the head in one game.. And Roy Keane was no angel. He wasn't sold for admitting tha he wanted to end haalands career in his own book!

Every manager will defend their top players. It's just part of the game. Don't pretend united wouldn't do the same if he was at our club as we have defended players who did worse then take a nibble out of opponents...
Suarez bites somebody (For the third time) at the world cup and you want to start comparing him to our past players behavior........Why is it our responsibility? Why?

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
As a liverpool fan, I obviously do love the guy but holy s**t he's got some issues that need to be straightened out. Every single time his future is being discussed he does some crap like this, It can't be a coincidence right? It can't be. Just ask barca for 70 mill+ and move on ffs.

Reactions: rimaldo

Drummer

Suarez bites somebody (For the third time) at the world cup and you want to start comparing him to our past players behavior........Why is it our responsibility? Why?
I'm saying the moral outrage of some united fans is pure hypocrisy .. Cantona and Keane did plenty of crazy things that the club and manager ignored.

I'm not really sure what your point is...

Reactions: Grinner

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I'm saying the moral outrage of some united fans is pure hypocrisy and that the club stood behind our troubled players when they did inexcusable things... Cantona and Keane did plenty of crazy things that the club and manager ignored.

I'm not really sure what your point is...
George Best.....