Suarez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I don't know which would be better, him fecking over Liverpool fans and staying in the Prem, or him shunting off to some other league where I won't see the cnut often...

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I don't know which would be better, him fecking over Liverpool fans and staying in the Prem, or him shunting off to some other league where I won't see the cnut often...
Him leaving the dippers for a massive sum only to remain in the prem, then feck off from Arsenal for the inevitable move to Spain.

kps88

The Arsenal bid has been reported by both the Telegraph and The Times. A good chance it's genuine.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Genuine bid? It will fail... They will be looking to get much more than £30 million though.

Nogbadthebad

The Arsenal bid has been reported by both the Telegraph and The Times. A good chance it's genuine.

Genuine as in 'actually made the offer' , I would agree there is every chance.

Genuine as in 'really trying to sign the player' , not so much. Arsenal do this every year just before the season ticket bills go out. Then they sign someone for a packet of monster munch and a bubble gum wrapper once supporters have committed to another season. The same with the rooney 'bid'. Arsenal will never pay the wages these guys want never mind the transfer fee.

Hal9000

BBC now reporting it was made and rejected. So probably genuinely did happen.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Liverpool seems to have leaked this news of Suarez bid.

Not sure if this offer is going to pressurize Real Madrid regarding Higuain because I don't think Suarez is gonna stay in England.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Wow, a £30 million offer from Arsenal is huge. The Rooney stuff is true after all then I reckon.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
I'm surprised Wenger wants to sign such a huge cnut. Thought he was better than that.

kps88

True test will be if they return back with a bigger offer.

KM

20m for Rooney, 30m for Suarez. Whilst these bids all look good on paper, they're in theory useless bids because they're never going to be accepted.

Hal9000

Imagine how little Arsene Wenger will be watching Arsenal's games if they signed Saurez.

Brophs

The One and Only
Arsenal want Higuain, Liverpool want lots of money for Suarez, so a fake £30m bid could help. Suarez wants to get away from the British media, none of whom are based in London.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
I'd imagine before arsenal have made a bid, Suarez's advisors have made it be known that he isn't entirely against moving to another English club.

KM

I'd imagine before arsenal have made a bid, Suarez's advisors have made it be known that he isn't entirely against moving to another English club.

Not necessarily the case these days.

For eg- Liverpool activated Mkhtiaryan's clause but his agent and the player didn't give him a proper reply.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Let's hope this is an early move in an elaborate process that eventually results in Suarez leaving the Premier League forever - if he's still a Premier League player next season, then I'd prefer him to stay at Liverpool where he can't do any damage (outside of biting/Achilles stamping obviously).

Interesting tactic from Arsenal I suppose - they seem to really want everyone to know they have money to spend, without actually spending it.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Arsenal this summer have apparently bid for Rooney, Higuain and Suarez and apart from perhaps Higuain none of these seem realistic bids.

After all the flak they've taken what chance this is just the Arsenal board saying, "look we tried to get these big players but it didn't work out so this is why we signed these cheap alternatives."

EDIT: Seen alastair's post and he tends to agree with me.
Seems very un-Arsenalish.

It's either that or the owner is trying to sign the players HE wants, not Arsene.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sounds like a we stratch your back - you scratch ours type of deal.

Forces Madrids hand to sign Suarez, but also forces them to sell Higuain to get some money back and a place in the squad.

Wenger isn't stupid, he knows Suarez would not leave to Arsenal. Its all just games.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
20m for Rooney, 30m for Suarez. Whilst these bids all look good on paper, they're in theory useless bids because they're never going to be accepted.
Zing.... I'd say Wenger faxes them off and then holds his breath.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

Forces Madrids hand to sign Suarez, but also forces them to sell Higuain to get some money back and a place in the squad.

Wenger isn't stupid, he knows Suarez would not leave to Arsenal. Its all just games.
sounds about right.

Lots of jockeying around right now. One major transfer needs to happen for the domino knock on effect to start. I have a feeling there will be alot of big money singings this summer across Europe's top clubs.

Member 39557

I was thinking along similar lines; my version had Arsenal's Suarez bid as a wake-up call to Higuain and Madrid in order to force through the Higuain to Arsenal transfer. I see it as a "You're not the only player we're looking at" bid. This would also set the ball in motion to Madrid to sign Suarez as a Higuain replacement.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I was thinking along similar lines; my version had Arsenal's Suarez bid as a wake-up call to Higuain and Madrid in order to force through the Higuain to Arsenal transfer. I see it as a "You're not the only player we're looking at" bid. This would also set the ball in motion to Madrid to sign Suarez as a Higuain replacement.
I think by the reports from the Journo's Higuain is more than happy to sign for Arsenal, its Madrid playing hardball over the price. First they said 27m euros, now bumped it over 30.

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
No surprise at that. They've realised that they're not going to get Cavani or Falcao, their major forward targets. They're now thinking that they'd be better off keeping Higuain so by pricing him out of the market they can state that no one came up with the fee that they requested. Saves face all round. I don't think that they really want Suarez, I don't believe that they can get Ibrahimovic (can you imagine the clash of the egos with him and Ronnie!) cos PSG are richer than they are, and I'm not convinced we'll sell Rooney. Who else can they go for (other than Suarez but I don't get the feeling that they are that interested in him).

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
1. Loan £100m warchest from stadium
2. Show interest in Higuain (like hell are they gonna splash that sort of cash)
3. Get fans onside for another season
4. Announce ambitious, but clearly unacceptable all round, offer for Suarez
5. Real automatically push Higuain price up
6. LFC and Real both reject 'fair prices' that Arsenal offered
7. London headline: "What more can us poor AFC owners do?"
8. £100m warchest back in stadium for another season

I might have put the above steps like a script. But I'm sure the Arsenal board had a better scripter than I. :)

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Which is why I think it is more likely an Arse leak, assuming they believe Real are interested in Suárez. I don't think they are, or should be. For the money involved Real would certainly go for Wayne, surely.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
No surprise at that. They've realised that they're not going to get Cavani or Falcao, their major forward targets. They're now thinking that they'd be better off keeping Higuain so by pricing him out of the market they can state that no one came up with the fee that they requested. Saves face all round. I don't think that they really want Suarez, I don't believe that they can get Ibrahimovic (can you imagine the clash of the egos with him and Ronnie!) cos PSG are richer than they are, and I'm not convinced we'll sell Rooney. Who else can they go for (other than Suarez but I don't get the feeling that they are that interested in him).
This makes sense actually. The only player obviously available there is Suárez but I don't think Real are willing to pay what Liverpool would demand. With that in mind, you would expect them to be stalling on Higuain.

Status
Not open for further replies.