Suarez

Status
Not open for further replies.

alastair

ignorant
You condone what they did to Van Nistelrooy at the final whistle? That was a thousand times worse than a dive. Quite clearly Wenger did not coach the nasty side out of those players, why would he have more success with Suárez?

The Forlán penalty was a soft one - yeah, it wasn't Van Nistelrooy who won that penalty, you know that? - and Rooney dived, yes. Since then, however, you lot are just playing the victim over Old Trafford penalties. We should have had a penalty and a red in 2006 when Djourou (I think) handled Rooney's goalbound shot, the penalties awarded in 2008 - when Arsenal took the lead due to an Adebayor handball - and 2009 were both correct decisions (Gallas handball and Almunia taking out Rooney).

It's a bit like Spurs' constant moaning about the Roy Carroll decision: they have a tendency to conveniently ignore everything in their favour (joke reds for Rafael and Scholes, Palacios attempting to maim Ronaldo) and cry about that one thing. RAWK, at least, plays the victim in a general sense, does not originate everything from ONE event.

I don't even know what to say to all of that. Literally no idea.

Wenger clearly coaches difficult players out of some of their problems. So many of our young players have had disciplinary issues, but he managed to turn them into reliable players. Suarez would be tough but there's no reason why he couldn't do it to him.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
You condone what they did to Van Nistelrooy at the final whistle? That was a thousand times worse than a dive. Quite clearly Wenger did not coach the nasty side out of those players, why would he have more success with Suárez?

The Forlán penalty was a soft one - yeah, it wasn't Van Nistelrooy who won that penalty, you know that? - and Rooney dived, yes. Since then, however, you lot are just playing the victim over Old Trafford penalties. We should have had a penalty and a red in 2006 when Djourou (I think) handled Rooney's goalbound shot, the penalties awarded in 2008 - when Arsenal took the lead due to an Adebayor handball - and 2009 were both correct decisions (Gallas handball and Almunia taking out Rooney).

It's a bit like Spurs' constant moaning about the Roy Carroll decision: they have a tendency to conveniently ignore everything in their favour (joke reds for Rafael and Scholes, Palacios attempting to maim Ronaldo) and cry about that one thing. RAWK, at least, plays the victim in a general sense, does not originate everything from ONE event.
Toure handball. What a save that was. That's how it's done Steven Taylor.

Suarez would fit right in.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
:lol: Alistair talking out his arse again

"United get all the decisions and our players are saints" ... Yawn.
He's a parody of himself these days.

Robbie Boy

I honestly believe that Suarez will still be a Liverpool player at the start of the season.

Brophs

The One and Only
Come on, lads, it's summer break, let's not start alastair on one of his mental ref rants.

Vasey20|13

:lol: Alistair talking out his arse again

"United get all the decisions and our players are saints" ... Yawn.
Isn't that how any non-United fans view us? We win because we bribe the refs every year after all.

What these people forget to realise is that we get mugged by poor decisions as much as they do. Without even googling i can think of a few off the top of my head that cost us points, some of them titles:

Didier Drogba at least 14 yards offside. Ref allows goal, Chelsea go on to win league.
We're on fire, Chelsea struggling, game at Stamford Bridge gets called off due to 'excessive snow' when it wasn't that bad at all.
Adebayor punches ball into the net, goal given. Also don't forget what dear old Thierry did against the Irish.
Some Russian guy with big face (forget his name) dives over Smalling's outstretched leg. Chelsea penalty.
Fletcher sent off in semi against Arsenal.

Swings and roundabouts.

It's hilarious when people moan about us. It's like the 4-3 against City. 'Oh it's Fergie time, the game should have been over, there should never have been 4 mins in the first place, they've bribed the officials, they're intimidated by Fergie, he's bought the FA' etc etc etc. Like these teams don't realise that both teams get the extra time. They could quite easily have gone for the win themselves instead of sitting there bitching about us.

alastair

ignorant
He's a parody of himself these days.

You literally have no sense of humour whatsoever. I don't give a toss about what Keown did in 2003.

Oh and for the record - if you want to criticise my posting, feel free. I'd rather you didn't just slyly talk about me in other posts you make. It's not very respectful.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Isn't that how any non-United fans view us? We win because we bribe the refs every year after all.
Your average football fan seems to think that the Refs and Commentators are against them and favor their rivals

This forum has its fair share of 'ABU' conspiracy theories floating around after bad results.

Brophs

The One and Only
Chelsea eye £40million move for Luis Suarez after Arsenal's enquiry is knocked back by Liverpool

Real Madrid are yet to make a move for the Uruguayan striker - but Chelsea could test Liverpool's resolve as the 26-year-old wants a summer move

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho is lining up a sensational £40million move for Liverpool striker Luis Suarez.
Arsenal have already had an enquiry knocked back, but Chelsea are ready to test Liverpool’s resolve not to sell the Uruguayan.
Suarez has a clause in his contract which forces Liverpool to listen to £40m-plus offers – but they do not have to sell at that price.
Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has the financial clout to back Mourinho in his quest for a top class striker.
And after moves for Hulk, Radamel Falcao and Edinson Cavani failed to materialise, they are now looking at Suarez.
Suarez has made public his desire for a move to Real Madrid but the Spaniards have yet to make their move.
Liverpool would clearly be determined not to sell another striker to Chelsea after Fernando Torres made the switch for £50m two and a half years ago.
However, Chelsea are a club which could be willing to go above £40m for their top transfer target.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfer-news-luis-suarez-2039160
Can anyone tell me how that actually works in practice? It reads like Liverpool have to pretend to consider the bid before going "Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh".

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I honestly believe that Suarez will still be a Liverpool player at the start of the season.
Hope so...and then just as his ban is about to run out, someone swoops in for much lower money than they want

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfer-news-luis-suarez-2039160
Can anyone tell me how that actually works in practice? It reads like Liverpool have to pretend to consider the bid before going "Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh".
It means a Liverpool executive must actually listen to a recording of the manager of the side wanting to buy him state how much they're bidding for Suarez.

Basically Mourinho must record a .wav file where he states they bid 40 million pounds and send it to Anfield.

Afterwards they will go "naaah".

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke

I would think they would have to go through the whole song and dance of informing Suarez of the bid and asking weather he is interested rather than flatly rejecting the bid.

Perhaps if Suarez then indicates that he is interested Liverpool have to negotiate and try to find a price with the bidding club.

This is pure guesswork on my part.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
You literally have no sense of humour whatsoever. I don't give a toss about what Keown did in 2003.

Oh and for the record - if you want to criticise my posting, feel free. I'd rather you didn't just slyly talk about me in other posts you make. It's not very respectful.

If your idea of sense of humour is to post retarded ref theories about Man United on the net just for the sole purpose to WUM, then I'm ok not having that level of sense of humour.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
You condone what they did to Van Nistelrooy at the final whistle?

That was a great moment. Possibly Keown's Crowning Moment of Awesome.

Still makes me laugh when I think about it.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
It is one of those moments that prompts a chuckle when you think about it, you're right.

Bestie07

"They (the press) have given it to me in England but, like we say, I've given them stuff to eat because if I hadn't done anything then probably they wouldn't have been as bad.

"But football is like that and you have to be accustomed to all that and it's good that the English clubs still want me."
It's amazing that now the interest from abroad seems to have cooled how his tone seems to be changing. From it was all the press's fault, to a gentle admission that he might not be totally innocent. That's a big step for little Luis.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
It's amazing that now the interest from abroad seems to have cooled how his tone seems to be changing. From it was all the press's fault, to a gentle admission that he might not be totally innocent. That's a big step for little Luis.
RAWk'll hate his guts for that, I mean, everything else, nah, but to actually admit he might be somewhat, slightly, kind of guilty, if you look at it from a certain angle, that's sacrilege.

Siorac

RAWk'll hate his guts for that, I mean, everything else, nah, but to actually admit he might be somewhat, slightly, kind of guilty, if you look at it from a certain angle, that's sacrilege.
Nah, RAWK's turned on him by now.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
:lol: if that quote is true, he really tries his best to burn the bridges, doesn't he?

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Absolutely brilliant :lol:

Christ, if he keeps going like this I might have to start hating him slightly less :eek:

Revan

Assumptionman
It's the Sun though, they don't really like Liverpool, so wouldn't be surprised if it is a 'mis-translation'

Gazza

B20's fishing attempts back in 2011 make for amusing reading now

Re. Suarez winding up Rafael, back in 2011

So he gave creamycheeks a little tug in his lovely curly hair. Big fecking deal. It's not as if he bit him or anything.
Whoops!
Her (Suarez) sexy moves in and around the box makes it a lot easier getting over the loss of that spanish whore who wanted a sugar daddy.
I find Suarez very lovable.
Handsomest new player this season too. There, I've said it.
.... Makes me worry about how badly he will take Suarez's eventual defection

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
B20's fishing attempts back in 2011 make for amusing reading now

Re. Suarez winding up Rafael, back in 2011

Whoops!

.... Makes me worry about how badly he will take Suarez's eventual defection
After spouting shite like that he deserves everything he gets, tbf. I still haven't forgiven him for coming on here and taking the piss when we lost the title to city.

NinjaFletch

The sad thing is, it will be that quote not the fact he's a racist, diving, cheating, biting piece of work that makes Liverpool fans hate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.