Suarez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I guess he's now officially our slave until some white knight in shining armour comes to save him. Better be carrying a £50 million sword to have any effect though. Oh how the bards will sing... :)

Ekeke

I bet Poyet wishes he was Chelsea manager. He'd buy him for whatever Liverpool asked for, then adopt him

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Are you expecting there to be? Cant see it myself. He wont hand a transfer request in so no story here.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Says a lot that he literally comes out every week begging for a team to come and sign him. Means 'interest' surely can't be that strong.

kps88

I'm sure there's a few teams hoping to get him on the cheap towards the end of the window.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Who wouldn't want Suarez on the cheap? Proven world class player - albeit with baggage. But world class players don't come 'on the cheap' at any point of a window.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
By on the cheap he means he is worth more than 35 million. It was be an unprecedented move by Arsenal and would really show the level Liverpool are considered at though they have won more trophies and played in more big games in the last decade. Suarez is showing no remorse to the club, I wouldn't even want him no loyalty at all.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I like the fact that he's a hell of a player, but the problem is that, if stories are to be believed, we are looking at smashing our transfer record and wage structure for a player who has a history of agitating for a move from his previous clubs, as well as a complete absence of loyalty to his manager or the fans even after they've stuck by him through trouble. This means that we are risking a huge amount on an unpredictable cnut who might or might not improve us, but who could change his mind and seek a move elsewhere, costing us a fortune in the process. Somewhat similar to our last record purchase, except that he just couldn't be arsed and sat around collecting his fat pay packet without biting anybody.

I'm hoping that this is all some masterful game that wenger is playing to unsettle the player and his club and push Madrid and Higuain in the direction that we need to get the real target for a fair price.

Revan

Assumptionman
I like the fact that he's a hell of a player, but the problem is that, if stories are to be believed, we are looking at smashing our transfer record and wage structure for a player who has a history of agitating for a move from his previous clubs, as well as a complete absence of loyalty to his manager or the fans even after they've stuck by him through trouble. This means that we are risking a huge amount on an unpredictable cnut who might or might not improve us, but who could change his mind and seek a move elsewhere, costing us a fortune in the process. Somewhat similar to our last record purchase, except that he just couldn't be arsed and sat around collecting his fat pay packet without biting anybody.

I'm hoping that this is all some masterful game that wenger is playing to unsettle the player and his club and push Madrid and Higuain in the direction that we need to get the real target for a fair price.
Don't forget the mandatory lengthy ban for every season. Seriously, it's his third lengthy ban in his last 3 seasons and I doubt that this will suddenly change. The club who spends 35+m pounds on him is really making a very risky signing.

While Higuain is not as good as Suarez, very likely he will be a better signing. He doesn't have mental problems for a start. Would like to see him at Arsenal and would like to see Suarez circus at Liverpool for a long time.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.

Grin. a club like Arsenal should never sign a nutter like him.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Bingo to everything you just said Grinner. On top of that we still don't want less than £45m, or £40m if he hands in a transfer request which we both know he won't being the salt of the earth that he is.

If that's ludicrous then please move along with Madrid. :)

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Yeah, I agree with that. At that price it's just not worth the risk. I'm going with the theory that Wenger is playing chess here.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Higuain would really strengthen you. But still not sure if he's playing you fans along rather than playing Real. I guess we'll find out soon.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I don't buy that he's stroking the fans. This is one of the best chances of mounting a league challenge he's had in years so i think he'll go for it. Obviously he can't control if a player chooses to join us or not, but I sincerely believe he's trying to spend big to strengthen us.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah, I agree with that. At that price it's just not worth the risk. I'm going with the theory that Wenger is playing chess here.
To challenge for the league title, you need a forward of Suarez' ilk. You're not going to get the likes of Cavani, Lewandowski etc so I can see why you're genuinely interested. Higuain could also be a fantastic bit of business but Suarez is that extra step above. Maybe Wenger sees this as an opportunity to snap him up whilst the likes of Madrid hesitate over a potential move due to his image and reputation. It's a unique situation; would Arsenal even be in the running for a player of Suarez' quality if he wasn't such a controversial character?

In any case, I can't see us selling to any English club unless we receive an exceptional offer. £35m is nowhere near that.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
With Higuain you also have the potential issue of him needing some time to adjust to the EPL whereas Suarez would just hit the ground running. But with the chances that we create each game I'm sure any player of Higuain's quality would quickly start banging them in.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
To challenge for the league title, you need a forward of Suarez' ilk. You're not going to get the likes of Cavani, Lewandowski etc so I can see why you're genuinely interested. Higuain could also be a fantastic bit of business but Suarez is that extra step above.
This is my view on it as well. The guy has been a proper cnut but there is no doubting his quality, top quality player and for me has that genius about him to make something out of nothing.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Just the fact that he's a want away, biting cnut about 6 months of the year. No biggie.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
This is my view on it as well. The guy has been a proper cnut but there is no doubting his quality, top quality player and for me has that genius about him to make something out of nothing.

We can't afford to write off 35 million plus if he should turn out to be a cnut though. A fee like that and you'd better be sure he's the right guy.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
the question is, for 40M you can get world class quality with none of his antics

As much as he's world class, he's no Ronaldo/Messi or even Kaka at his prime

For the same money you can get kroos, lewandowski, reus, goetze, and probably most footballer bar messi / Ronaldo (asuming they'd want to come of course, but monetarilly, 50M will probably get you them)

He's just not worth it. He might worth 50, but at 50 he's down on the list.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
I'm just fearing the day I wake up to "Liverpool accept Arsenal bid for Suarez". And I actually like Suarez as a player.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
Is Suarez actually worth the kind of money being touted, really? As well as all the shit he brings on a team, he can dribble but he's a bit of a waster it seems to me, hogs the ball and gets it taken off him or dives for a foul more often than not. I can't be arsed looking for stats but didnt Liverpool score mor when he got banned per game?

Red_Aaron

Well it was hardly going to be a black one. ;)
:lol:

There's plenty of alternatives for the sort of money being touted, i just can't see why any top club would want him. There's an incidient of some sort every single year, its not some one off freak occurance, the clubs reputation is almost gauranteed to take a hit along the way. I'm surprised at Wenger here, Suarez doesnt seem his type of character at all

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Is Suarez actually worth the kind of money being touted, really? As well as all the shit he brings on a team, he can dribble but he's a bit of a waster it seems to me, hogs the ball and gets it taken off him or dives for a foul more often than not. I can't be arsed looking for stats but didnt Liverpool score mor when he got banned per game?
Comes with some baggage but scores lots of goals. Most good strikers have a selfish streak.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
In his country its fine to totally disrespect your club and fans, people do it all the time. Scousers should consider this as a cultural misunderstanding.

Stickles

He's a top striker but surely falls into the 'more trouble than he's worth' category. He and Wenger don't seem like a natural fit IMO.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
If Suarez is tired of not having a shot at winning the league why choose Arsenal?

:angel:

Personally, Arsenal would be much better off splashing the cash on Benteke and perhaps spreading the additional millions on some backup(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.