Summer Transfer Tweets 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Pretty sure we signed Mata without the two clubs talking to each other.
That was because Chelsea had shown interest in Rooney the previous summer iirc. Damn...what could have been...

F1D

Sure, they are angry with Atletico's president making comments about Costa but Chelsea (Mourinho, Terry, Cahill) were pretty happy to comment Rooney's situation some time ago.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
According to Nabil Djellit, Emery doesn't want Matuidi in Paris next year.

Touseef

It's happening!

Also, I couldn't give a flying feck how much he costs. He'll improve us considerably and we can afford the fee. What's the problem? It's not like the club is going to ask us to chip in! It's also not like we're scraping the barrel for pennies. We're absolutely loaded. And it pisses our rivals off so much. :drool:
Not directly they're not. I get the sentiment though. I want the best players here and the best players cost money.(although getting a steal does feel better).

However to your point, fans are indirectly chipping in. If the operating cost of a business goes up, they will have to transfer that cost to their customers (or get many more customers)

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
We should start selling these youngsters with buy-back clauses like Madrid. Better safe than sorry.

United Pro

No issues with any of them leaving personally, don't think any of them will cut it for various reasons.
Hope we have clauses where we will a percentage of a future fee though. Wilson at the very least will move on later on for considerably more than what we we'll receive.

Riz

We should start selling these youngsters with buy-back clauses like Madrid. Better safe than sorry.
Yeh we don't really need the cash and they won't go for much so sell them at even further discounted rates wither either buyback clauses or percentage sell on cuts.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States

Just take whatever money we can get and be done with it. No sense giving up cash now on a what if. I think we have agreed to some rights of first refusal type deals, ie if the player gets sold to another club or sold to a club in the PL we have a right to match the offer, type deal. Pogba, we did not sell, so we had no chance to get that type of clause agreed to. Pique, well he was never coming back once he went to Barca so again no point in worrying about that clause. Not sure who else would have been worth having the clause in, first and foremost being that they would have had to be willing to come back.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Would hate for Wilson to be sold off with only being given 45 minutes of football. Fine with keane leaving as he is at a stage where he needs to play regular football. Blackett is crap, so no loss there.
Its how Mourinho works. Says he can tell in 10 minutes whether a player is good enough for him. After the Wigan match he said he saw the potential in that time.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
According to Nabil Djellit, Emery doesn't want Matuidi in Paris next year.
Strange not wanting what has been one of the first names on the team sheet, guess he's not a fan

Red_Beans

Yeh we don't really need the cash and they won't go for much so sell them at even further discounted rates wither either buyback clauses or percentage sell on cuts.
I hope Woodward is on the same page as you

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Pretty sure we signed Mata without the two clubs talking to each other.
That sounds about right - I think we had the Rooney issue hanging between the clubs at that time, so direct contact from our side was minimal. I think I remember rumours of Mendes taking a proactive role in the deal, and also that Sir Alex and David Gill took charge after the mess that had been made of the summer window by Moyes and Woodward, but who knows what the truth actually was.

Not directly they're not. I get the sentiment though. I want the best players here and the best players cost money.(although getting a steal does feel better).

However to your point, fans are indirectly chipping in. If the operating cost of a business goes up, they will have to transfer that cost to their customers (or get many more customers)
Absolutely - as we are not a sugar daddy club, all of United's money comes from the fans, either directly from match day or mercendising, MUTV, etc., or indirectly from things like TV revenue or sponsorships (driven by how many fans we have for the club to sell to TV companies or advertisers. Then of course there are things like prize money, player sales, the academy revenue and the rest that flows from the spending of the previous revenue. But once we've paid our money, it's United's/the Glazers' money to spend as they wish.

Definitely agree - we get such crap money for players anyway that I think insisting on a sell-on clause makes sense. If even one player gets re-sold for decent money then we'd probably be up on the situation.

Burn the whole market down :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.