g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Sun: Netflix and Amazon Prime in bidding war to sign Man Utd for revealing fly-on-the-wall docuseries like All or Nothing

LARulz

Club wouldn't agree so unless they are offering stupid money it's pointless

mu4c_20le

You sure about that? Thought it had been rejected before during the Glazer’s stewardship.
Maybe they saw how good the arsenal one made Kroenke look. Also after the season we just had, the hype will be insane.

supermao

Could be a hard watch, maybe I'll just watch The Inside Story again..

Can be found on YT for those not seen this masterpiece from 89.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Eth is probably the best manager post Fergie to have this shite under. It was always bound to happen at some point, I'm surprised it's taken this long tbh. Allocate the money to OT renovations and I'd be fine with it. To add more cash to the glazers feck no.

arthurka

Netflix have been spunking 200m for any shit movie they are making. 200m should be bare minimum.

acolyte

This is punishment for taking so much enjoyment from watching "Sunderland till I die". Now the car crash documentaries are coming for us and our hubris.

Pronewbie

Peep
Spurs apparently received £10M from their Amazon documentary. Not that I think we should be doing this from a sporting perspective, but there are plenty of interesting sagas happening that United fans would love to know about, if not watch. We should be demanding £50M minimum if this goes ahead. It may even end up being an annualised series...

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
The benefit of doing it is it could potentially lift the lid up on how shambolic our hierarchy is. That plus absent owners will only intensify the anti-Glazer sentiment. It could push the fan base and wider public into removing them from the club entirely. Even the share price dropping would be a positive sign.

phelans shorts

The benefit of doing it is it could potentially lift the lid up on how shambolic our hierarchy is. That plus absent owners will only intensify the anti-Glazer sentiment. It could push the fan base and wider public into removing them from the club entirely. Even the share price dropping would be a positive sign.
Businesspeople don’t sell when the share price drops.

CarbonStoolBites

Nah, just no. We’re trying to become a serious team now, don’t need this nonsense around.
Would’ve been great in Mourinho’s final season or last season though.

Ema_datsi

United were literally the last of the big clubs to move into modern times... I believe this was because of SAF and the whole 'United Way' bollox.
100% agree. As much as Fergie has done to build this club, he still casts a large shadow on it - why else do we have to endure a clown like McTom, and the supposed “wunderkind” Fletcher. The club structure is a remnants of the time when he held absolute power at the club, and it doesn’t work without the genius captain at the helm. The stagnation and inefficiency has been perpetuated and compounded by Jack-off Joel and his micromanaging - having to sign off on everything from transfers to Zlatan’s minibar bill.

peridigm

As much as I like seeing the inner workings of football clubs, this would be a shit stain on an already shit stained decade.
It's only a matter of time though. More clubs doing this for money. Surprised United haven't already done one. Seems like Ed would have been banging on the door to get those funds.

mu4c_20le

100% agree. As much as Fergie has done to build this club, he still casts a large shadow on it - why else do we have to endure a clown like McTom, and the supposed “wunderkind” Fletcher. The club structure is a remnants of the time when he held absolute power at the club, and it doesn’t work without the genius captain at the helm. The stagnation and inefficiency has been perpetuated and compounded by Jack-off Joel and his micromanaging - having to sign off on everything from transfers to Zlatan’s minibar bill.
Zlatan is Muslim mate he doesn't drink.

I’m loving my life

Jim Ratcliffe will be the cameraman, we’re going full Blair Witch Project
This kind of ‘documentary’ I can get behind.

I’d like to see one called ‘Erik loses it’. First he warms up by taking out Maguire, Shaw and some other underachieving players before turning his attention to the likes Arnold and Murtough, with a transatlantic finale where he finishes off the Glazers. Joel obviously last to go.

Hughie77

Hope this does not happen. Club should be keeping mum about everything not having a bloody camera in the dressing room.

The last one of these If it's right was 98/99 season when we did the treble. Didn't mind that one.

stw2022

Could this fund stadium revamp?

You think Ferguson must influence the fact McTominay plays because they're both Scottish?

You think that's how these things work?

stw2022

This could be smart. Club's profile has taken a knock in recent years. Certainly would expect huge amount for one season.

Tigersam

Supports
Arsenal
Please don’t do this
Please do.

(Arsenal started last season with L L L, and they filmed it, now the cameras have gone to somewhere else its been W W W W so don't dismiss it out of hand). It is actually a shame they are not doing United this season, new start and all that - plus possibly Ronaldo's last season before he goes to America or Saudi Arabia).

Breaking Bad
I'm just imagining ETH's face when he heard about this.
Actually, if you dressed him in black and a cool hat, ETH would look like Heisenberg!

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
If we do this (we shouldn’t) at least I hope it’s netflix. Their Sunderland one is miles better than the shit Amazon “all or nothing” crap.

decorativeed

They won't want people to know whats going on behind the scenes.
Having worked for United in the last decade and knowing others in the same situation, that's exactly the reason they won't do it. They're an absolute shambles and they don't want that to be exposed to millions of people worldwide.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
Maybe we can get them to do a dramatisation instead.

ETH played by john malkovich
Martinez played by Taylor Negron
Maguire played by a zanussi fridge
All the Glazers played by woogy from somethjng about Mary.
Tyler Malacia played by Gary Coleman.
Etc

Trequarista10

Doesn't anyone have any (realistic) estimates as to how much this kind of deal would be worth for United?