Sun: Netflix and Amazon Prime in bidding war to sign Man Utd for revealing fly-on-the-wall docuseries like All or Nothing

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
As much as I’d love to watch something like this it is just an unnecessary distraction for the players.. would do more wrong than right for sure.
Everyone seems to say that, but what proof have we got of that? Arsenal did one last year and are title contenders this year, City did one and won the title that year.

I don't think there's a single example where the team has a terrible season when filming one.

redIndianDevil

Everyone seems to say that, but what proof have we got of that? Arsenal did one last year and are title contenders this year, City did one and won the title that year.

I don't think there's a single example where the team has a terrible season when filming one.
Sunderland?

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?

Liverpool are being filmed for All or Nothing right now, and their season's going.... Well...

But yeah I know what you mean - our players are always under a microscope anyway, so it probably wouldn't make a difference.

OmarUnited4ever

small time clubs (City, Arsenal, Spurs) do this stuff, we are above it.

Maybe if we win couple of trophies (FA & EL) then maybe and documentary on season (like one ep with some interviews and clips of games/trainings/meetings and whatnot) should suffice.

arthurka

small time clubs (City, Arsenal, Spurs) do this stuff, we are above it.

Maybe if we win couple of trophies (FA & EL) then maybe and documentary on season (like one ep with some interviews and clips of games/trainings/meetings and whatnot) should suffice.
We should also hope for couple of books from our players by the end of that season. Apparently it's what you do when you win a trophy.

Dazzmondo

While I'd love to have a proper docu-series on Utd, I don't like the All Or Nothing series with the exception of the Spurs one which felt a lot more balanced for some reason. All the others are just propaganda pieces where they play up cringy motivational talks for the viewer and never look into things like tactics or show anything bad or confrontational about anyone at the club. Sunderland Til I Die and Wrexham doc are much better, especially Sunderland Til I Die which is still by far the best of these ever done imo. I think it would be better to wait until we're already back before doing something like this though. Doing a series after our 1st league title under ETH would probably be ideal since the pressure would be off the players a bit

UpWithRivers

While I think its cringy as fk the world is littered with companies that never moved with the times. Kodak for instance that never believed in digital cameras. We live in the times of social media and youtubers etc. See how Jake Paul is making a killing etc. Point being the more we put out the better. Bring in the Lingard Dab contest. The Pogba does fashion. The docuseries. The Chess football. The United prank channel. Doesn't matter. Its where we are in society.

Last edited:

DevTheRed

To be honest I just wouldn’t take the risk.. especially as things are on the up. We don’t need it for exposure and hopefully when the takeover comes we won’t need it for the money.

Just don’t see any benefit to it.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
To be honest I just wouldn’t take the risk.. especially as things are on the up. We don’t need it for exposure and hopefully when the takeover comes we won’t need it for the money.

Just don’t see any benefit to it.
Simply to enjoy watching it

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If United was ever minded to do something like this, it should do it in house. Hire an external production team, with the appropriate confidentiality contracts in place. Then you can control when/if it comes out.

The problem with allowing someone else to put this together is, even if they let you have say of what goes in it, you can't guarantee it'll be the story of a great season. You might not want to release a documentary of an average year.

Film your own and, if it's a great season, license it to an external party. There will be plenty of buyers. Just don't give control to an external party.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Are they?

:drool:
Can't see it. They were approached years ago but Klopp said no.

Their subreddit comments on United doing one after the first game of this season are entertaining seven months on.

Desperate for a United one sometime soon, before they get the circus under control.
Now would be the perfect time for it
Can’t see that circus getting back in order anytime soon
Yeah, so long as the Glazers are in charge United will continue to be run like an semi-amateur club.
“If” they get it under control
It's not looking good. Their share price is lower than it was when they first started trading, their debt hasn't gone down and they're further from real success (PL/CL) than ever before.
Its crazy that after game week 1 Man Utd are 89/1 to win the league (Betfair)
It'll be hard to top the 9-0 aggregate score from last season, although they do look dreadful at the moment
Could be more this season … I genuinely think Darwin will run riot up against the new 5’ 10” lad and slab-head. I just hope their fans dont do anything stupid and get the game abandoned. Its a genuine concern and the Premier League really should put a statement out there making it clear they will be docked points. The fact they got off completely consequence free last time still boils my piss.

Hughie77

I can't see ETH having it. Please no. Although there was one and it happened in the 98-99 season and we all know what happened there.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
No it's not a distraction. I'm dreaming for a documentary like "The last Dance" for United. Wish they recorded everything back then in 99.

Man United's history is too big to not be told with cameras. We are getting successful again with ETH, why not?
This is naive. Already this season EtH has shown the power of a close-knit dressing room which doesn't leak. We don't want any kitchen secrets out there in the world, even with a year delay.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
if Amazon really want to do this let them fork out the 6B and buy the club, otherwise feck off Jeff.

SungSam7

Leave it up to ETH and the players, if they feel they are OK with it, then so be it. But I wouldn't want to unsettle any of the of the group, this stuff does more harm than good.

We've only just got rid of 2 social media drama queen's, we don't need to be potentially adding more.