Support David Moyes thread

Anderson15

I am behind David Moyes 100%, although it has been hard to watch this season but I do think we will turn it around, people saying that the tactics are bad, although we won the league last season it was far from convincing, without RVP it would never of happend, people even last season were moaning about our 'zombie like passing', Moyes has inherited a squad which is a year older and in need of change in a few key areas, I think he should be given the chance to sign a few of his own players to build around current players.

Silent_Running

Dr. John Hammond
I'm also 100% behind him, although i can't really criticise those who want him gone any more.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
I'm still behind him. He needs to grow, he needs to learn, he needs to earn respect. I think he can do this and much more.

He's not an arrogant man, and he is extremely proud and hard working. I'm just praying he starts to show some improvements before the board lose patience
I feel the same. Many posters here are extremely results-orientated (not that I blame them for that), but I'm a bit more pragmatic. The sky isn't falling on our heads. It's a shit season, a really shit season by our standards, but Fergie was in charge for a long time. Everything was geared towards his nuances. It's going to take time for Moyes to make his mark. Can you imagine being a manager in any other walk of life (be it a bank, an office, a supermarket, whatever) and you take over from someone else who had been there a long time? Some staff will carry on doing a good job regardless, some will have their nose put out of joint and will be a bit aloof, some will welcome you with open arms. Players will have been in awe of Fergie and have ran through brick walls for him. Players who will go back to 'normal' now that he's gone. It's going to take time for Moyes to instill that type of respect. Going through tough times and coming out the other end may just be the start of that.

Silent_Running

Dr. John Hammond
It's all perspective. 6 months of this torture is more than enough for a lifetime!
you should try supporting a lower league club. The football we have played is significantly better for the most part. Stop being so entitled, and don't ever describe watching united as torture. You should be grateful.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
you should try supporting a lower league club. The football we have played is significantly better for the most part. Stop being so entitled, and don't ever describe watching united as torture. You should be grateful.
We are easily one of the worst sides to watch in the league, the likes of Southampton or Swansea are much better in spite of being behind us. We are about on par with West Ham and Stoke.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
We are easily one of the worst sides to watch in the league, the likes of Southampton or Swansea are much better in spite of being behind us. We are about on par with West Ham and Stoke.
As you never had the "torture" of supporting Colchester United, you should just accept whatever dross Moyes comes up with

Loon

:lol:
Still hoping he'll turn it around, but I need something now, more than ever, to make me believe he can do it.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
If we are playing shite I call it so. I support United, good or bad but that doesn't mean sugarcoating crap. Why is it difficult for people to accept we are terrible now? Unless you accept you'll never improve imho

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
I feel the same. Many posters here are extremely results-orientated (not that I blame them for that), but I'm a bit more pragmatic. The sky isn't falling on our heads. It's a shit season, a really shit season by our standards, but Fergie was in charge for a long time. Everything was geared towards his nuances. It's going to take time for Moyes to make his mark. Can you imagine being a manager in any other walk of life (be it a bank, an office, a supermarket, whatever) and you take over from someone else who had been there a long time? Some staff will carry on doing a good job regardless, some will have their nose put out of joint and will be a bit aloof, some will welcome you with open arms. Players will have been in awe of Fergie and have ran through brick walls for him. Players who will go back to 'normal' now that he's gone. It's going to take time for Moyes to instill that type of respect. Going through tough times and coming out the other end may just be the start of that.
You know that's not true right?

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
By that logic it wouldn't hurt you to see United play in the 5th division, because, well, be thankful! There are teams that are playing in the sixth division. Right?

It doesn't matter at what level you watch football, the way you feel will always have everything to do with the expectations vs achievements, rather than having a single absolute scale for every team you follow.

It's absurd that so many resort to this stupid comparison.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
You know that's not true right?
of course its bull shit. If Moyes was trying to convert our team to Barcelona like team and we could see logic, consistency and improvement nobody would give a single feck about one lost season. What Moyes is trying us to do is to play dire, out-dated, tactically naive and crude crossball. Even if we were doing better the fans would still recognize it's not the way to go.

edn33

Sack Fergie, sell Giggs, sign Mourinho and help me
Still hoping he'll turn it around, but I need something now, more than ever, to make me believe he can do it.
You must be in dreamland buddy....

Don't get your hopes up believing or hoping things are going to change for the better. Moyes is a non-achiever and has no knowledge of how to turn things around. He has also completely lost the dressing room. Just listen to what his players are saying....

"My teammates are sometimes occupying the spaces I want to play in," he said. "And when I see that it makes it difficult for me to come to those spaces as well. So that forces me to adjust my runs, based on the position of my fellow players. And unfortunately, they're often playing in my zones. I think that's a shame."

Do you really and honestly think Moyes knows what to do next apart from make 81 crosses in a game?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Nah, it's all relative. Barcelona fans shouldn't be grateful if their team plays like Stoke. Madrid fans shouldn't be grateful if their team plays like Wimbledon. They should be finding it ridiculous because that's just what it is. Why? Because of their resources. Expectations are always relative to resources and past record. And it makes completely and utter sense.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Aye, but Moyes has surely shown flaws that have nothing to do with that? Things like progressive tactics, coherent game plan, correct team selection, canny handling of the media etc. If it were just down to results I'd probably still have faith but Moyes has, up to this point, been going backwards in areas that should be a given for a new manager.

To use your analogy, it'd be like the newly appointed supermarket manager not knowing how to organise shifts properly. It has nothing to do with how they have been recieved by the staff and everything to do with their basic competency for the role. Except, in Moyes' case, he is actually getting progressively worse at the basics.

Moyes should be praying we only judge him on results because he's doing even worse in other areas.

Smores

You must be in dreamland buddy....

Don't get your hopes up believing or hoping things are going to change for the better. Moyes is a non-achiever and has no knowledge of how to turn things around. He has also completely lost the dressing room. Just listen to what his players are saying....

"My teammates are sometimes occupying the spaces I want to play in," he said. "And when I see that it makes it difficult for me to come to those spaces as well. So that forces me to adjust my runs, based on the position of my fellow players. And unfortunately, they're often playing in my zones. I think that's a shame."

Do you really and honestly think Moyes knows what to do next apart from make 81 crosses in a game?

Our strikers are scoring at the same rate as last year so your talking nonsense in terms of our attack. Our midfielders have actually had more shots as well.

Biggest difference is RvP has played less games so has bailed us out less.

Our defenders are conceding more and scoring less. Which is largely down to lack of an on form Carrick and Rafael

Giggsforever

I support him as well. I knew it would be hard comming to such a big club and going for the best players, it was not something he has ever done before. They had a horrible first transfer window. The manager and the CEO was changed in one summer.

He got a squad that was not all that great, despite winning the league, with a many key players getting to old. When that is said, we have a lot of good players as well and especially good squad players, so four or five new players in this summer and I expect him to be close to Chelsea and City, or else he should not be able to continue.

NinjaFletch

Our strikers are scoring at the same rate as last year so your talking nonsense in terms of our attack. Our midfielders have actually had more shots as well.

Our defenders are conceding more and scoring less. Which is largely down to lack of an on form Carrick and Rafael
I'm sorry. But this is just rubbish, pure and simple.

Ringo 07

Is David Moyes currently good enough to turns things around at Man Utd - Absolutely not

Could Moyes turn things around if he brings in a world class coach such as Carlos Queiroz over the summer to implement a more modern attacking style of football into our training sessions - Absolutely

bishblaize

Is it possible to support him without believing he'll do well?

Unlike some I think his face fits at United. I like having an uncool manager, one who is about hard work rather than whatever cool "system" is in fashion in Spain or Germany right now. I see why Fergie picked him. And even though i was a little underwhelmed the Scottish grimmace and the clenched fist when we score seems very right.

However, simply looking at what I've seen on the pitch gives me no reason to believe he's on the right path.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
He's here and I'll support him, at the very least till the end of this tumultuous season. It's not easy to replace Sir Fergie and it shows. I just want to see a clear path to a better future.

Drifter

American
Is David Moyes currently good enough to turns things around at Man Utd - Absolutely not

Could Moyes turn things around if he brings in a world class coach such as Carlos Queiroz over the summer to implement a more modern attacking style of football into our training sessions - Absolutely
In that case why not just hire Carlos.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster

I'm sorry. But this is just rubbish, pure and simple.
It ain't ordinary rubbish.. After 27 games this season we scored 43 goals. Last season after 27 games we scored 64 goals. (almost one more goal every single game)

I like the way he's trying to give the impression that he looked up the stats before posting, so thoroughly that he even know the number of shots taken by our midfielders. :lol:

And by the way, this season we conceded 31 goals after 27 games, which is exactly the number of goals we conceded at this stage last season.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I say 'give him time' through ever tightening gritted teeth.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Would he have more support if the results were similar but if we were even playing mildly entertaining football?

I think I'd probably be more inclined to give him some slack if he atleast showed some sort of positive intent.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Would he have more support if the results were similar but if we were even mildly entertaining football?

I think I'd probably be more inclined to give him some slack if he atleast showed some sort of positive intent.
Definitely. If there was a evident game plan I could get behind he'd make it a lot easier for us. He has persisted with 1980's football, and has shown little adaptability.

Loon

:lol:
Would he have more support if the results were similar but if we were even playing mildly entertaining football?

That's it. ANY sort of sign.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
KRAP

#justsaying
Exactly, although I was glad Benitez got sacked because he always seemed to make Liverpool difficult to play (Hodgson was the one I wanted Liverpool to keep). For every Fergie there has been 100s of managers who have been sacked correctly.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Danny, these are world class players in the squad. I mean not every one of them, but we still have a set of very good players who should be better than Everton, Liverpool and Spurs. Do you consider the possibility that the players are not arsed and giving it their all? Moyes obviously takes the bulk of the criticism and rightfully so, but surely the players have to cope some of it? It's a bigger concern that players are not buying into Moyes.

dev1l

i still support him and will continue to do so at least until next december. I am old enough to remember what fergie s been through in the first five years. People may argue that moyes inherited a team of champions...well they aren t any more. And i don t think any other new manager would have done much better. Maybe things would not have been that bad, but still nowhere near top 3. Last season s best players - carrick and rvp - both spend lots of time injured. Moreover, in the squad there are a no of important players like vidic, evra, rvp and maybe others who know that next summers world cup final would probably be their last. So they already have one eye or better one leg in brasil.
Replacing Gill at the same time, wasn t the best of ideas neither. Next year, both moyes and woodie would have a season under their belt, so i m sure
things will get better.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Do all of you who still support him find it harder and harder to see, after each of these results, that he is still the right man for the job? Remember, we were the dominant force in England for 20 years consistently under Fergie; he proved that United could be one of the top teams through thick and thin. Do you honestly believe that Moyes can get us to be better than Chelsea or City, if not better in the space of 5 years?