Tanguy Ndombele | Signed For Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Pogba Ndombele
Herrera
Would this work? I reckon it would.
That's exactly how i'd play it. Let Ndombele use his explosiveness and dribbling, let Herrera use his brain and control the midfield.

If we could get Sancho, Ndombele and Koulibaly this summer, we'd be a very strong title contender next year.

Womp

idiot
That's exactly how i'd play it. Let Ndombele use his explosiveness and dribbling, let Herrera use his brain and control the midfield.

If we could get Sancho, Ndombele and Koulibaly this summer, we'd be a very strong title contender next year.
We ain’t spending close to 300m in one window. We will most likely get one of those players, two if we have an insane window.

Sanche7

We ain’t spending close to 300m in one window. We will most likely get one of those players, two if we have an insane window.
If we don't renew Mata's contract, we will have to get a new CM or else we would just have Pogba, Herrera, Matic, Fred, Pereira and Mctominay as midfield options with question marks over the last 3. If we decide to go into the next season with those 6 as our midfield options, God help us
I agree with you though, the chances of us getting all 3 of them is slim

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Rodri Hernandez of Atletico would be perfect for us. Even Partey, or Saul.

Any of the Atletico central midfielders, please.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't see 3 of those costing that much, maybe £250m.

We spent nothing in January, the summer was a relatively low window also. Spread across a few years that won't look too bad considering the quality of the players.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
At the very least I hope we are looking his way.
I remember when Vidal played in Bayern Leverkusen. I were quite convinced that we were not following him due to how our club were at the time. Our scouting and organization were outdated. My impression is that this has changed. We have hired so many scouts and I’m sure we structure the information in a sensible manner. And its not surprising. Glazers and Ed is businessmen. They would want a proper due dilligence before investing heavily (just like they would if they invested in a business).

My point is, if we have failed to acquire a minimum of 20 match reports on Havertz from the past few years someone should get the boot.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
I remember when Vidal played in Bayern Leverkusen. I were quite convinced that we were not following him due to how our club were at the time. Our scouting and organization were outdated. My impression is that this has changed. We have hired so many scouts and I’m sure we structure the information in a sensible manner. And its not surprising. Glazers and Ed is businessmen. They would want a proper due dilligence before investing heavily (just like they would if they invested in a business).

My point is, if we have failed to acquire a minimum of 20 match reports on Havertz from the past few years someone should get the boot.
Absolutely

BalanceUnAutreJoint

L'Equipe reports Aulas is pissed off at him and even made a tweet which was targetting Ndombele stating that "those who think big transfers are waiting in the summer are wrong. They need to stop talking and give more on the pitch".

Definitely hints that he wants out this summer, looks like his agent is the one starting all these rumors given Aulas' anger.

Irrational.

Since this thread has basically turned into who we want to see in midfield next season, I would stick to a PL proven midfield of Pogba, Neves and Kante (taking advantage of all the chaos at that circus). We'd comfortably have the best midfield in the league.

N'Dombele is going to be a cracking player, but he's a bit too green at present.

Fracture90

Since this thread has basically turned into who we want to see in midfield next season, I would stick to a PL proven midfield of Pogba, Neves and Kante (taking advantage of all the chaos at that circus). We'd comfortably have the best midfield in the league.

N'Dombele is going to be a cracking player, but he's a bit too green at present.
Just don't see Sarri sticking that long at Chelsea for them to consider selling a player in his prime to us, nor do I see Kante wanting to leave them either tbh.

Trizy

I rate Neves highly and want him here but if we sign Kante we don't need to improve on Herrera since currently he is better than Neves as box-to-box and Kante is better than Neves as holding.

Johan07

I rate Neves highly and want him here but if we sign Kante we don't need to improve on Herrera since currently he is better than Neves as box-to-box and Kante is better than Neves as holding.
I sincerely hope that we will not try sign Kante to play him at #6/the Matic-role. That would be a complete disaster for our offensive play. Kante cannot play as a sole DM. Sarri is not wrong on that. If we would go for Kante he would compete with Herrera or we would need to switch system to a more out and out double pivot.

deadrevelz

I sincerely hope that we will not try sign Kante to play him at #6/the Matic-role. That would be a complete disaster for our offensive play. Kante cannot play as a sole DM. Sarri is not wrong on that. If we would go for Kante he would compete with Herrera or we would need to switch system to a more out and out double pivot.
Kante and Herrera are both very good at short passing, carrying the ball, pressing and tackling. A midfield with Kante Herrera and Pogba would destroy most teams. If we could get a Carrick / De Bruyne / Scholes type player our midfield would be incredible. Don't think it will happen mind, just dreaming.

Johan07

Kante and Herrera are both very good at short passing, carrying the ball, pressing and tackling. A midfield with Kante Herrera and Pogba would destroy most teams. If we could get a Carrick / De Bruyne / Scholes type player our midfield would be incredible. Don't think it will happen mind, just dreaming.
I personally think that this midfield lacks a playmaker and that Herrera and Kante are too similar players. I would rather see us get Neves to compete/understudy to Matic. Or Weigl even. I hope we will take even further steps towards a possession-oriented style of play and then its essential to have a very good ball-playing #6. Love Herrera and respect Kante, but they are not fit for that role.

Silas

Neves isn't really PL proven. Hasn't been that impressive this season.

Brightonian

I personally think that this midfield lacks a playmaker and that Herrera and Kante are too similar players. I would rather see us get Neves to compete/understudy to Matic. Or Weigl even. I hope we will take even further steps towards a possession-oriented style of play and then its essential to have a very good ball-playing #6. Love Herrera and respect Kante, but they are not fit for that role.
Why would we want to do that when we have so many young counter-attack favouring forwards? We should stick with exactly the balance we've got, a team who are comfortable in possession but don't seek to dominate it, thus bringing the best out of Rashford, Martial, Pogba, Herrera, Lingard, Lukaku too if he can find his best form again.

Devil may care

Why would we want to do that when we have so many young counter-attack favouring forwards? We should stick with exactly the balance we've got, a team who are comfortable in possession but don't seek to dominate it, thus bringing the best out of Rashford, Martial, Pogba, Herrera, Lingard, Lukaku too if he can find his best form again.
If we want to win a CL we need more players who can keep the ball for fun, Ole himself has talked about the fact we've failed in second halves multiple times to control possession and kill the momentum in games, thus inviting stacks of pressure. Right now we are too counter attack reliant, we need to be able to control games better and stop trying to make every first or second pass a ball for Rashford or Lingard to chase.

Brightonian

If we want to win a CL we need more players who can keep the ball for fun, Ole himself has talked about the fact we've failed in second halves multiple times to control possession and kill the momentum in games, thus inviting stacks of pressure. Right now we are too counter attack reliant, we need to be able to control games better and stop trying to make every first or second pass a ball for Rashford or Lingard to chase.
We're not currently in the top four. We haven't seriously challenged for the league title since Fergie left. We might want to think about that before worrying about winning the champions league.

Devil may care

We're not currently in the top four. We haven't seriously challenged for the league title since Fergie left. We might want to think about that before worrying about winning the champions league.
You have have to start building towards that end goal now though, not just continuing down a path that has a top 4 ceiling, Ole has done brilliantly with what is at his disposal after the damage Mourinho did, but as I said he himself clearly wants more control and possession as he's mentioned it after more than onme game, so it stands to reason that he'd look to add a player or 2 to improve that side of our game as we already have plenty of speedsters for the counter which is a limited system that can struggle against better sides and the real bus parkers as there's no space to utilize the counter.

Brightonian

You have have to start building towards that end goal now though, not just continuing down a path that has a top 4 ceiling, Ole has done brilliantly with what is at his disposal after the damage Mourinho did, but as I said he himself clearly wants more control and possession as he's mentioned it after more than onme game, so it stands to reason that he'd look to add a player or 2 to improve that side of our game as we already have plenty of speedsters for the counter which is a limited system that can struggle against better sides and the real bus parkers as there's no space to utilize the counter.
I agree, so work on that side of our game and consider signings that might improve us there. But we don't need to try and turn into a possession-worshipping side. There are top European teams that play in all sorts of different ways. The days of everyone f*pping themselves silly to Barcelona are long gone. In Rashford, Martial and Pogba we have an attacking axis for the foreseeable future that thrives playing on the counter, so we need to preserve that as a part of our game.

Devil may care

I agree, so work on that side of our game and consider signings that might improve us there. But we don't need to try and turn into a possession-worshipping side. There are top European teams that play in all sorts of different ways. The days of everyone f*pping themselves silly to Barcelona are long gone. In Rashford, Martial and Pogba we have an attacking axis for the foreseeable future that thrives playing on the counter, so we need to preserve that as a part of our game.
Of course we can use the counter, but I personally think Rashford and Martial are more than that and can progress, plus Pogba has already thrived is possession based sides. The counter is a great weapon to have and I'm not suggesting we recreate Barca, even Pep has moved on from that, but reactive counter football is hard to use as the primary strategy for big sides like United as teams tend to cede the ball to us and sit back, they weren't under Mourinho as we were there for the taking but that attitude will fade now and we'll be facing a lot more parked buses IMO.

Andersons Dietician

Feel like BT sports show more Lyon games than anyone else in the league. Every time I flick over its Lyon vs someone. Anyway not entirely sure he got a touch but it’s listed as his goal and if so great run and touch by him.

Kidders

I watched the whole Lyon game yesterday just to see what the fuss is about ? I can't say he had the wow factor but he was very athletic, showed good technique and liked getting forward, the trouble was the opposition were rubbish so even Fred would have looked good.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I watched the whole Lyon game yesterday just to see what the fuss is about ? I can't say he had the wow factor but he was very athletic, showed good technique and liked getting forward, the trouble was the opposition were rubbish so even Fred would have looked good.
By that reckoning no big club should have come in for Benzema,Hazard etc.

beingshe7don

Although I want Ndombele to join United, I've got the feeling because of Ole's Midas touch..... we will depend on Fred, McTominay and James Garner at the start of next season to challenge for top honors. Pereira is bound to sign an extension to his contract if I'm not wrong. Hopefully, I'm wrong and we do get Ndombele

Devil may care

I don't particularly want Ndombele but I hope you are wrong about us not looking at bringing in a CM in the summer, we look dead food in there without the starting 3, against both Palace and Southampton Pogba had to stop playing his game and drop in to babysit the midfield, and Pereira has only had any success on the ball for us in these games when he moved to the #10 position. This midfield needs another ball player in it that can operate as at the very least a #8.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I don't think he was saying we should turn into Barcelona and strive to maintain 70% possession every match, just that we should be thinking with transfers in mind that we need players who can pass and keep possession more effectively than who we currently have.

NoPace

I don't particularly want Ndombele but I hope you are wrong about us not looking at bringing in a CM in the summer, we look dead food in there without the starting 3, against both Palace and Southampton Pogba had to stop playing his game and drop in to babysit the midfield, and Pereira has only had any success on the ball for us in these games when he moved to the #10 position. This midfield needs another ball player in it that can operate as at the very least a #8.
Fred is 25, cost 50M and has CL experience and a spot in the Brazil squad, I think he gets another shot and the midfield we just started in Paris is the backup 3 for Pogba-Herrera-Matic. RB, RWB and CB are all bigger issues for next season.

Devil may care

Fred is 25, cost 50M and has CL experience and a spot in the Brazil squad, I think he gets another shot and the midfield we just started in Paris is the backup 3 for Pogba-Herrera-Matic. RB, RWB and CB are all bigger issues for next season.
We need to address all the issues and not be leaving anything to chance, and while we won in Paris the midfield 3 lacked enough composure on the ball, great work off it but not enough on it. Fred made some nice passes in the second half but McTominay just plays safe and Andreas is too careless on the ball as the guy who was supposed to be creator in chief in that system. Dalot has been brilliant the last couple of games but you still list us needing a RB, I agree as it's still important to have the depth. Our midfield 3 needs a starting upgrade with Matic, Fred and McTominay becoming the back-up 3.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
We need to address all the issues and not be leaving anything to chance, and while we won in Paris the midfield 3 lacked enough composure on the ball, great work off it but not enough on it. Fred made some nice passes in the second half but McTominay just plays safe and Andreas is too careless on the ball as the guy who was supposed to be creator in chief in that system. Dalot has been brilliant the last couple of games but you still list us needing a RB, I agree as it's still important to have the depth. Our midfield 3 needs a starting upgrade with Matic, Fred and McTominay becoming the back-up 3.
Totally agree with the last part.

If we are going to win major honours, that does need a major upgrade.

I can see Garner coming in

Devil may care

Totally agree with the last part.

If we are going to win major honours, that does need a major upgrade.

I can see Garner coming in
I don't think Garner's the upgrade, he's not even 18 yet, I think he'll become a regular in the squad when Matic leaves, probably in a couple of seasons, he might benefit from a loan next season IMO.

NoPace

I agree with everything except the idea that Dalot is ready to start 45 games next year. He looks promising but doesn't look ready for that. Young turns 34 this summer, it would hardly be a surprise if he ends up being basically unplayable next year. Dalot can get 15 games backing up the right back, another 10 or so at LB and RW and that's a solid 30 something starts with a fair amount of bench time.

Matic is losing mobility, but one more year of him starting or Herrera taking enough of his starts that he can stay fresh while Fred gets 30 starts as our 8 seems like less of a crisis than us not having a RW of any kind, no first choice RB between the ages of 19 and 34 or even a CB to give us 3 reliable ones with Lindelof and Smalling. Especially since Lingard and Pereira are at the right age to improve enough to become Pogba's backup.

For me our priority is first a right-sided starter, then a CB, then the other right-sided player and then a midfielder. If we wait and address the final one in 2020 with Matic leaving and a like for like replacement brought in I won't be shocked.

Devil may care

I agree with everything except the idea that Dalot is ready to start 45 games next year. He looks promising but doesn't look ready for that. Young turns 34 this summer, it would hardly be a surprise if he ends up being basically unplayable next year. Dalot can get 15 games backing up the right back, another 10 or so at LB and RW and that's a solid 30 something starts with a fair amount of bench time.

Matic is losing mobility, but one more year of him starting or Herrera taking enough of his starts that he can stay fresh while Fred gets 30 starts as our 8 seems like less of a crisis than us not having a RW of any kind, no first choice RB between the ages of 19 and 34 or even a CB to give us 3 reliable ones with Lindelof and Smalling. Especially since Lingard and Pereira are at the right age to improve enough to become Pogba's backup.

For me our priority is first a right-sided starter, then a CB, then the other right-sided player and then a midfielder. If we wait and address the final one in 2020 with Matic leaving and a like for like replacement brought in I won't be shocked.
I never said Dalot was ready for 45 starts, it's why I agreed with you in that we need to add a RB to this side, I've been banging the Meunier drum for ages now. However I don't see us going for the RW that the Caf is obssessed with, more and more Ole is going to the diamond as it best suits Rashford, Martial and Lukaku, and I think we'll look to build on that rather than add a RW.

I agree with a lot of the middle paragraph but I don't see Herrera in Matic's role under Ole personally, on top of that I think Lingard as a false 9 is good but he isn't good enough on the ball or passing-wise to cover Pogba's role and Pereira is more suited to being a #10 back-up than a pure Pogba cover.

We are the richest club in the world, we shouldn't be doing either/or scenarios IMO. Just give Ole the funds he needs for the positions he needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.