Tanguy Ndombele | Signed For Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Been switching games. Looks like the best midfielder on the park and playing DM once again.
Punt me on this train.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He looks a brilliant player in the making even if Lyon are losing 5-1 against a Messi inspired Barca.

jesperjaap

Ndombele or Ascacibar for our midfield and I would be delighted. love the way Ndombele seems to be quite static a lot of the time then bursts into a tackle, has great strength and is so good to watch running with the ball. WOuld be an excellent signing

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Wonderful player, looked like a level above all the other Lyon players.

Confident with the ball and his passing range is fantastic. Big, strong and fast. I think he would be an instant success in the premier league. He is only 22 so he can improve a whole lot before reaching his prime.

If Ole wants to play with two box to box players, like he played with Molde, this man could be our guy. Having a midfield trio of Herrera - Ndombele - Pogba could be quite good.

Devil may care

He had a decent game, Arthur was the standout midfielder on the pitch though and Ndombele is still more of a Herrera/Fred competitor than a proper holder.

Aloysius's Back 3

When i see him play he reminds me of a defensive version of Pogba - almost like the ying to the yang of paul pogba.

The dribbling and to out play a midfield is almost identical to Pogba but has the defensive ability that matches pogbas attacking ability and counterattacks paul's weaknesses. Likewise Pauls more technical abilities as an attacker covers Ndombele's weaknesses as amore defensive minded midfielder.

Whilst alot of us have given up on Pogba playing in a midfield 2 - I can see this working; as 2 box to box midfielders - one doing the defensive box to box and the other doing the attacking box to box. Play them in a midfield two can work especially if we get some more creative players playing as a AM or False nine to take the weight out of those mdfielders having to create by themselves.

Lyon - interested in Fred?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He’d be the perfect replacement for Matic. Speedy, strong but very skilful and a good passer. Very press resistant.

A core midfield of pogba/Fred/Herrera/ndombele would be great.

I fear that city will earmark him as their Fernandinho replacement.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Ndidi or Ndombele? Both at the same age, both has something about them. Who is a better fit to replace Matic?

SAFMUTD

Ndidi or Ndombele? Both at the same age, both has something about them. Who is a better fit to replace Matic?
To replace Matic, Ndidi without a doubt he is clearly more defensive skilled. But I see Ndombele as the one with the most potential but for Herrera's role, I don't think Ndombele is a pure CDM like Ndidi but more of a CM with high stamina and defensive skills like Herrera.

We should aim for both.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
To replace Matic, Ndidi without a doubt he is clearly more defensive skilled. But I see Ndombele as the one with the most potential but for Herrera's role, I don't think Ndombele is a pure CDM like Ndidi but more of a CM with high stamina and defensive skills like Herrera.

We should aim for both.
It should be two signings not too hard to make, and both guaranteed to improve us immediately and provide cover as well as growing into better players than what we have at the moment. Sounds like a no brainer. I'm sure Lyon would be interested in Pereira too which could make the transfer even more likely. What do you reckon 80m combined for the both of them? Still money left to get Sancho and a fullback.

goin4glory

Ndombele, Sancho and De Ligt would be a dream window!
Agree with this. Would add that I think we should be in for Alderweireld too. He may be 29 but at 25m he's worth it even for just a few years. It would also prevent some of our rivals from getting him. I do not want to see Liverpool like up next season with VVD and Alderweireld.

SAFMUTD

It should be two signings not too hard to make, and both guaranteed to improve us immediately and provide cover as well as growing into better players than what we have at the moment. Sounds like a no brainer. I'm sure Lyon would be interested in Pereira too which could make the transfer even more likely. What do you reckon 80m combined for the both of them? Still money left to get Sancho and a fullback.
30-35 for Ndidi and 40-45 for Ndombele should make it, I hope we get a good DOF before the summer and let him work the magic. If Woodward is still making the calls by then we will inevitably hear about how we wanted to sign Bale, Ramos, Varane but end up with none.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
30-35 for Ndidi and 40-45 for Ndombele should make it, I hope we get a good DOF before the summer and let him work the magic. If Woodward is still making the calls by then we will inevitably hear about how we wanted to sign Bale, Ramos, Varane but end up with none.
Never in a million years will thise two go for those prices! Leicester were quoting 75m for Maguire a year after they purchased him and Lyon, notorious difficult negotiators having just seen Ajax sell De Jong for 80m wont accept 45m for Ndombele.

Looking at 150m for both, so Unfortunately it wont be both.

RooneyLegend

Ndombele. The sort of player that'll transform our midfield. Without him Lyon would barely have gotten past the half way line over the two legs vs Barca.

Ekeke

Good deep lying playmaker on the ball and against Barcelona he was Lyon's main ball winner and deepest CM.

However he's quite half hearted with his tracking back. He was always slowly jogging back or walking when you watch Barcelona's chances. He's not a player who senses danger and works hard to get himself in a position to snuff it out. I'd have him somewhere between Fred and Pogba in terms of effort when his team dont have the ball. I'm not sure that McTominay isnt better at protecting the backline than he is.

Barcelona had all the time in the world to pick their passes in midfield and put the front players through. Very much a luxury for the occasion. I think you'd need a great CB partnership behind him that never need protection defensively because they wont really get it from him. Looks like some stamina or mobility issues too, when his poor touch lost the ball for the 5th goal he did a Pogba and stood still for a few seconds before reacting then again slowly jogged back looking the most leggy of Lyon's players as Barcelona broke and scored

Patrick08

Good deep lying playmaker on the ball and against Barcelona he was Lyon's main ball winner and deepest CM.

However he's quite half hearted with his tracking back. He was always slowly jogging back or walking when you watch Barcelona's chances. He's not a player who senses danger and works hard to get himself in a position to snuff it out. I'd have him somewhere between Fred and Pogba in terms of effort when his team dont have the ball. I'm not sure that McTominay isnt better at protecting the backline than he is.

Barcelona had all the time in the world to pick their passes in midfield and put the front players through. Very much a luxury for the occasion. I think you'd need a great CB partnership behind him that never need protection defensively because they wont really get it from him. Looks like some stamina or mobility issues too, when his poor touch lost the ball for the 5th goal he did a Pogba and stood still for a few seconds before reacting then again slowly jogged back looking the most leggy of Lyon's players as Barcelona broke and scored
Was it messi that destroyed him?

Judas

Open to offers
Can't help but feel he's City bound, but I only really feel that because he's a great player, in a position that City need someone, and Pep generally buys well.

Patrick08

Especially when you are jogging or walking
I have seen prime carrick, Alonso, pirlo getting found out against them, total football is difficult to control, although I'd agree he is not another kante and vunrable to those errors.

Trizy

However he's quite half hearted with his tracking back. He was always slowly jogging back or walking when you watch Barcelona's chances.
Is he always half arsed or was he just sick of his team conceding yesterday? :lol:

Ekeke

I have seen prime carrick, Alonso, pirlo getting found out against them, total football is difficult to control, although I'd agree he is not another kante and vunrable to those errors.
He's not even a McTominay right now. At least with McTominay he's running up and down looking to get into the right position for the team. N'Dombele didnt look like he thought it was his job to get into areas between defense and midfield to help defend

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He's not even a McTominay right now. At least with McTominay he's running up and down looking to get into the right position for the team. N'Dombele didnt look like he thought it was his job to get into areas between defense and midfield to help defend
This is player most though was Jose's love child, right? Now he's one of the most sought after midfielders?:lol:

On the second part, I saw him track back a lot until it became rather obvious that Barca upped the pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.