Tanguy Ndombele | Signed For Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
As much as I love Eriksen he isn't a consistent performer either, he will disappear in games and you do wonder where he is and for all his hype his set pieces are average too.
Isn't that true for all CAMs though? I guess by nature its a position you will only excel in, if your midfield partners are winning their battles.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Isn't that true for all CAMs though? I guess by nature its a position you will only excel in, if your midfield partners are winning their battles.
He's overworked. Isn't he one of the highest players in the premier league for distance covered? But he also barely gets rested. Eventually that'll catch up to him so no real surprise his form at times can be a little inconsistent.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Yep looking close to done, Levy must be ill, it isnt 5mins to deadline. But really it was time to back Pochettino and actually stump up some cash or he would move on to a club that will.

Player Red

Yep looking close to done, Levy must be ill, it isnt 5mins to deadline. But really it was time to back Pochettino and actually stump up some cash or he would move on to a club that will.
He will have already worked out how much he is generating through the sale of Eriksen etc. This will be similar to when they spent the Bale money, making signings before they sell their assets.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
He will have already worked out how much he is generating through the sale of Eriksen etc. This will be similar to when they spent the Bale money, making signings before they sell their assets.
This again?

We have money regardless of Eriksen's sale. You get a big chunk for reaching the CL final, we have Europe in the bag again for next season, and we've barely spent a penny for the last couple of windows.

We may well sell Eriksen but it has nothing to do with the Ndombele signing. If we sell him then we'll sign another player to replace him, right now from everything we're hearing there's still a chance neither real/barca are interested and he may stay at the club.

We don't need to sell assets to sign a player for 60m this window, at all.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Quite possibly, I still expect a decent amount of a net spend though. Levy has fleeced Aulas twice now.

BlueHaze

I swear out of all places he could end up Tottenham was the last one I expected. This is a very big signing for them. I think depending on how fast he settles in he'll become vital for them.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This is an absolute coup for Tottenham.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
As others have mentioned, I don't expect this signing to have anything to do with Eriksen.

Handré1990

As much as I love Eriksen he isn't a consistent performer either, he will disappear in games and you do wonder where he is and for all his hype his set pieces are average too.
Mate, I do respect your opinion, however, you have some nerve coming on a United forum talking about average set pieces. :lol::houllier:

I mean, if Eriksen’s set pieces are average I’d give my left pinky for whatever comes a few spots lower than average on your scale.

Player Red

This again?

We have money regardless of Eriksen's sale. You get a big chunk for reaching the CL final, we have Europe in the bag again for next season, and we've barely spent a penny for the last couple of windows.

We may well sell Eriksen but it has nothing to do with the Ndombele signing. If we sell him then we'll sign another player to replace him, right now from everything we're hearing there's still a chance neither real/barca are interested and he may stay at the club.

I will be surprised if Spurs net spend this window exceeds 50mil.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just watched some YouTube highlights and damn. He seems to have the same skill set as Dembele but better.

passing-wind

This is a top top quality signing from Tottenham. He'd walk into any midfield in the league maybe with city being the exception.

Sp00ks11

Fantastic signing this, I think like when Kante went to Chelsea we may live to regret not throwing out hat into the ring on this signing.

macheda14

This again?

I don’t doubt that you are more we’ll versed in the financial situation at your club. But why aren’t you accounting for the near 750 mill you just spent on a new stadium? Is there some debt refinancing structure that takes of the burden or something? (Kind of how our debt doesn’t really affect our transfers too much)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Fantastic signing this, I think like when Kante went to Chelsea we may live to regret not throwing out hat into the ring on this signing.
Yep, for the price it seems unbelievable tbh. I have a feeling if we wanted him it would be 80m+

Beaucoup

I have a feeling it will be more like Bakayoko going to Chelsea.

Treble

Too early to say whether he is a top signing or a bit over rated.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I have a feeling it will be more like Bakayoko going to Chelsea.
Bakayoko never looked that good at Monaco, Fabinho was the clearly superior player. Bakayoko was an athlete and a decent cog in that Monaco team but never one of the standouts ever. Fabinho always looked more impressive.

Ndombele could easily flop (Keita looked incredible in Germany and struggled first season in the PL) but he's a significantly better footballer than Bakayoko.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Woohoo! Absolutely delighted to finally get this kid - I honestly think he is going to be a total star for us.

deafepl

He's a brilliant midfielder but not the game charger. Spurs were often destroyed on the counter-attack, can you imagine adding Ndombele who is more likely to get dispossessed because he is obsessed with keeping balls and try to dribble through midfield? Spurs may need to change their style of play with fullback coming deeper, not furthest to avoid getting overrun by counter-attack.

I'd love him in my team, feck spurs for getting him :(

RD94

He is a Dembele replacement.Ndombele is a similar player to Dembele with his runs and technical ability to get past a player or some burst of pace from defensive midfield space forward but I would say less energy,intensity in him than Dembele.

Also mostly plays in a 2 in a 4231 and limited in a tactical standpoint.
Good player but slightly overrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.