Music Taylor Swift

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
This thread is full of the most miserable people
Bunch of fecking weirdos Joe, but thank God you are here now my love.

Feeling the need to come in a thread of an artist you've acknowledged you don't like, don't listen to and have no interest for, dozens of times to reiterate those views is a little bit weird, but whatever.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
No weirder than making hundreds of posts about men kicking leather balls around a field, to tell complete strangers who you think is and isn’t good at kicking balls. The idea that slagging off Taylor fecking Swift represents some sort of new redcafe low is hilarious, to be honest. The only thing even vaguely unique about this thread is the exquisite sensitivity with which critical comments are received. God help us if Scott McTominay fans were similarly precious about their lanky blonde hero(ine).

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Whenever I feel weird posting in Taylor Swift thread on a public forum even though I don't listen too much of her music, I remember that there are bunch of grown up weirdos who adore her(not just her music), and suddenly I feel much better and much less weird.

CoopersDream

The idea that slagging off Taylor fecking Swift represents some sort of new redcafe low is hilarious, to be honest. The only thing even vaguely unique about this thread is the exquisite sensitivity with which critical comments are received.
One might wonder what you want to achieve in coming into an artist's thread over and over saying how bland said artist is and that everyone that doesn't agree with your view has low brow tastes and doesn't know any better? I really do wonder what's the end goal here.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
One might wonder what you want to achieve in coming into an artist's thread over and over saying how bland said artist is and that everyone that doesn't agree with your view has low brow tastes and doesn't know any better? I really do wonder what's the end goal here.
If you think I have an end goal to any conversation on this website you’re seriously mistaken. Slagging off Taylor Swift’s shitty music, shitty lyrics and shitty fans is nothing but a momentary diversion from the inevitability of my own mortality.

Oops. That post veered a bit too close to a Taylor Swift lyric for comfort. The 2024 potty mouth version.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Tbf if we all analysed our favourite artist's lyrics you'd probably find some poor stuff.
Especially if your favourite artist is Taylor Swift
Jk jk

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
This story has gone global. It's just down the road from my old work and used to go in there loads. It's not a bad boozer and the food is decent. Swifties descending on it is an upgrade from the cricket crowd who come over pissed in the evening when England play at Oval.

Taylor Swift fans flock to London pub apparently referenced on new album

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ck-to-black-dog-pub-vauxhall-london-new-album

Taylor Swift fans 'overwhelming' London pub The Black Dog
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-68876725

Taylor Swift effect: London pub named in The Tortured Poets Department gets swarmed by Swifties
https://www.hindustantimes.com/ente...ment-swarmed-by-swifties-101713757974801.html

Taylor Swift fans descend on London pub The Black Dog name-checked on new album
https://cnalifestyle.channelnewsasi...lack-dog-pub-tortured-poets-department-388881

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Hopefully she mentions Boscombe in her next album, which should be out sometime soon.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
No weirder than making hundreds of posts about men kicking leather balls around a field, to tell complete strangers who you think is and isn’t good at kicking balls.
Your approach to this thread is genuinely much weirder, I'm sure you'd realise that if you weren't so engrossed in trying to make people feel shitty and make yourself feel superior in here - which is the only sense I see in your spamming of the thread.
Whenever I feel weird posting in Taylor Swift thread on a public forum even though I don't listen too much of her music, I remember that there are bunch of grown up weirdos who adore her(not just her music), and suddenly I feel much better and much less weird.
Keep telling yourself that!
Tbf if we all analysed our favourite artist's lyrics you'd probably find some poor stuff.
Especially if your favourite artist is Taylor Swift
Jk jk
It would, in the same way there are pages dedicated to poor writing in Shakespeare's works, poor lyrics in some major artists' oeuvre, poor scenes in some of the best directors' films, and so on. It's a little bit absurd to take some lines out of context and try to make a general point about it. She's no Bob Dylan, but to claim she isn't a talented lyricist is a little bit weird.

But yeah the 1830 lyric is a bad, bad one.

Andersonson

Whats so interesting about her? Why all the fuss? Is she that great singing or is it something else the fans like?

Shez

With Beyoncé becoming yesterdays news, the marketing machine needed to manufacture the next icon for the hives to worship
She’s good but what I find weird is people who claimed certain songs were catchy and slight guilty pleasures in the past, are now adamant that the songs were the best things ever

Rooney in Paris

Scout
With Beyoncé becoming yesterdays news, the marketing machine needed to manufacture the next icon for the hives to worship
She’s good but what I find weird is people who claimed certain songs were catchy and slight guilty pleasures in the past, are now adamant that the songs were the best things ever
They are? Is there a sweet spot between "guilty pleasure" (which means it's bad) and "best thing ever"? Like some of her songs being good or very good?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Your approach to this thread is genuinely much weirder, I'm sure you'd realise that if you weren't so engrossed in trying to make people feel shitty and make yourself feel superior in here - which is the only sense I see in your spamming of the thread.
U2 and Coldplay were mocked and derided on the caf for years. It’s not that big a deal - public figures and their output gets critiqued.

Why would you feel shitty if I find her music bland and mediocre?

Rooney in Paris

Scout
U2 and Coldplay were mocked and derided on the caf for years. It’s not that big a deal - public figures and their output gets critiqued.

Why would you feel shitty if I find her music bland and mediocre?
I didn't say I do. If you came in here dozens of times - dozens - to repeat the same thing and add nothing to a topic you recognise you don't like, have no interest in, and don't listen to, I'd assume that those were your motivations though.

I don't like U2 or Coldplay. I might have gone into a thread of theirs upon the release of a new album if I took the time to listen to it to make my own opinion, which I'd share. I wouldn't go into a thread of theirs randomly dozens of time to tell people they have terrible taste in music - which is what has been happening there, amongst other things.

Say you don't like Taylor Swift, construct a post saying you find her lyrics bland, that it's not for you - that's cool, that's discussion, that's what a forum and a thread are for. That's, however, not what's been happening here.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I didn't say I do. If you came in here dozens of times - dozens - to repeat the same thing and add nothing to a topic you recognise you don't like, have no interest in, and don't listen to, I'd assume that those were your motivations though.

I don't like U2 or Coldplay. I might have gone into a thread of theirs upon the release of a new album if I took the time to listen to it to make my own opinion, which I'd share. I wouldn't go into a thread of theirs randomly dozens of time to tell people they have terrible taste in music - which is what has been happening there, amongst other things.

Say you don't like Taylor Swift, construct a post saying you find her lyrics bland, that it's not for you - that's cool, that's discussion, that's what a forum and a thread are for. That's, however, not what's been happening here.
Shock horror, everyone isn’t like you. Half of this thread is people being sensitive and finding the posting habits of others alarming.

CoopersDream

This is the key point here. It's fine to say say you don't like an artist or whatever, but pretending to have some sort of superior taste in music becuase you don't like a certain artist is a bit weird for what I assume are adults. There's very much of a teen energy about that.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
This is the key point here. It's fine to say say you don't like an artist or whatever, but pretending to have some sort of superior taste in music becuase you don't like a certain artist is a bit weird for what I assume are adults. There's very much of a teen energy about that.
You really need to read his posts in threads about films if you're going to come out with stuff like that...

Andersonson

The worship of "stars" is weird. Same with footballers. Most of them are absolute bellends but people praise them like they are Jesus Christ. Taylor Swift ain't no different, a money machine that couldn't give a flying feck about anything other than money. She sure as hell ain't doing anything good for humanity or the environment

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
The idea that sharing an opinion that some art (music, films, whatever) is objectively poor and you must have bad taste if you enjoy it has “teen energy” Should we apply that logic to your thoughts on the MCU or, say, Top Gun Maverick?

You’re never shy to call out (in your opinion) mediocre movies so it’s definitely a little odd that you get so wound up by people calling out (in their opinion) mediocre music.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
You’re never shy to call out (in your opinion) mediocre movies so it’s definitely a little odd that you get so wound up by people calling out (in their opinion) mediocre music.
It's obviously not what I'm calling out, as I've made very clear.

Probably best to drop it here, you're being incredibly disingenuous.

CoopersDream

You really need to read his posts in threads about films if you're going to come out with stuff like that...
Why do I need to do that? It goes for anyone really, anyone believing they have a superior taste in movies/music/any art or whatnot. Why do I think it's teen-y? Because I used to to do the same. Then I grew up and understood that people like different things.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
You old people only love old musicians because they too grow old.

Back then the beatles and the rest of the yesteryears was the Taylor Swift of the Era.
And many Beatles lyrics are among the dumbest shit ever written.

Brophs

The One and Only
Back in the day if there was a 38 page about Taylor Swift it’d just have been fellas wanking and saying they’d buy one of her bottled farts for $800 and then some fellas saying her forehead looked special needs and she’s only good for throwing out of a moving car.

It’s called personal growth, GUYS.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Back in the day if there was a 38 page about Taylor Swift it’d just have been fellas wanking and saying they’d buy one of her bottled farts for $800 and then some fellas saying her forehead looked special needs and she’s only good for throwing out of a moving car.

It’s called personal growth, GUYS.
And we're so proud of you Brophs!

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Whats so interesting about her? Why all the fuss? Is she that great singing or is it something else the fans like?
The worship of "stars" is weird. Same with footballers. Most of them are absolute bellends but people praise them like they are Jesus Christ. Taylor Swift ain't no different, a money machine that couldn't give a flying feck about anything other than money. She sure as hell ain't doing anything good for humanity or the environment
What was that quote from David Bowie about how record companies have managed to persuade the world that only a handful of people in the world have talent? Because I feel it would work here.

If you own a record label and a talented, attractive, young songwriter on your books starts getting a hit or two would you A) try to find more like her and hope for success or B) advertise and hype the ever loving shit out of this one artist? You'd plaster her face on every billboard, you'd hire internet spammers to post tweets or write articles called "10 Reasons Why Taytay Swifaliftorz is literally GOD". You'd get people to buy into the cult, encourage it, nurture it, and ultimately exploit it.

I felt the same was happening with that Timmy Champs lad a couple of years back and now it's going on with Sydney Sweeney - every social media post was about them for months during their rises to power.

That's not the shit on them though. They've been successful at it so fair fecks to them. But it's all so artificial and Taylor sticks in my teeth a little with how brazen it all is. "Tortured Poets" oh feck off, mate. You're a walking, talking corporate product. Just take my money so I can continue with my shit life where I still have to fix this bastarding kitchen sink.

Wing Attack Plan R

The idea that sharing an opinion that some art (music, films, whatever) is objectively poor and you must have bad taste if you enjoy it has “teen energy” Should we apply that logic to your thoughts on the MCU or, say, Top Gun Maverick?

You've lost all credibility here, PM.