Music Taylor Swift

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've seen a few things talking about the lyrics to some of them and feck me they're on the nose :lol: It's literally just her describing stuff very matter of fact and very little subtlety.

Maybe that's just not how she does things and I'm sure the songs are good, but not for me. Feels a bit weird considering she's calling it poetry too, where kind of the whole point is to find different ways to describe things.

InfiniteBoredom

So apparently there’s a big hoo-ha about one of the songs in this being a diss track to Kim Kardashian, with a line about her(Taylor’s) mother wishing her dead, and Swifties have been spamming Kim’s social media.

Not unexpected given her past form but still a bit pathetic. Sure, Kim is a rotten human being but there’s no need to engage, much less siccing your rabid fanbase on her in a tit for tat cyber bullying retaliation.

Woodzy

I like Taylor Swift and she’s made some bangers over the years, but I feel like the last couple of albums are just… nonsense?

The music feels just phoned in and she just rambles on about what she’s pissed off about in a very monotonous way.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
So apparently there’s a big hoo-ha about one of the songs in this being a diss track to Kim Kardashian, with a line about her(Taylor’s) mother wishing her dead, and Swifties have been spamming Kim’s social media.

Not unexpected given her past form but still a bit pathetic. Sure, Kim is a rotten human being but there’s no need to engage, much less siccing your rabid fanbase on her in a tit for tat cyber bullying retaliation.
So Taylor Swift isn't allowed to make diss tracks essentially because she has the biggest fanbase of all artists right now? Gotcha.

Look up the nasty damage the scumbags Kanye and that talentless plastic Kim did to her life, and a diss track is the very least they deserve in return.

InfiniteBoredom

So Taylor Swift isn't allowed to make diss tracks essentially because she has the biggest fanbase of all artists right now? Gotcha.

Look up the nasty damage the scumbags Kanye and that talentless plastic Kim did to her life, and a diss track is the very least they deserve in return.
I’m aware of the history (unfortunately).

Still reckon there’s absolutely no need to do what she did, be the bigger man (or in this case, woman), never wrestle with a pig and all that, especially with an attention whore like Kim.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

The steady transformation into yer man from that “leave Britney alone!!” meme continues…

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I gave this a try and it sums her up - bland, basic and uninspiring. But I suppose that’s what makes it palatable for the modern audience combined with her image / fame.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I don't hate Taylor Swift as a person, I just hate how she clogs the airwaves of any popular music radio station that it sometimes feels every second song they play is one of hers. This new album no doubt will only continue that or make it worse. Ive literally stopped tuning into some of my previously previous stations because of it and almost exclusively play Pandora or Spotify now.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I don't hate Taylor Swift as a person, I just hate how she clogs the airwaves of any popular music radio station that it sometimes feels every second song they play is one of hers. This new album no doubt will only continue that or make it worse. Ive literally stopped tuning into some of my previously previous stations because of it and almost exclusively play Pandora or Spotify now.
People still listen to the radio?!

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Im not a boomer and yes plenty of people do otherwise they wouldn't keep cranking it out now would they:

According to Nielsen Media Research, 82% of Americans aged 12 and older listened to terrestrial radio in 2022, down from 89% in 2019 and 92% in 2009.

Last edited:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
That is legit a great lyric - you'd find it genius if Werner Herzog had come up with it!
To me "But Kells, the day you put out a hit's the day Diddy admits
That he put the hit out that got Pac killed"
is a great lyric.

Maybe I'm just a grumpy old man, or maybe I'm just tired of being bombarded by headlines on what are meant to be serious outlets like the BBC informing me that Swift is "vulnerable but vicious" with her new album. Maybe I'm tired of being smacked in the face with obvious PR nonsense about how this titan of music - this behemoth of art - this legend of song is always doing the best thing ever and I should enjoy it. Yas Queen, you keep flying around in your private plane making billions. You deserve it xoxoxo

....yeah, actually I'm just a grumpy old man.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
31 songs :lol: She's relentless.

Only heard the first few, enjoying it so far. Probably not a top 5 album but solid nonetheless.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
....I was a functioning alcoholic
'til nobody noticed my new aesthetic....

....I think some things I’ll never say
Like, "Who uses typewriters anyway?".....

..... Dutiful daughter, all my plans were laid,
Tendrils tucked into a woven braid...

...And my friends all smell like weed or little babies
And this city reeks of driving myself crazy...

...Put narcotics into all of my songs
And that’s why you’re still singing along...

Mindblowing lyrics.

Carolina Red

Staff
My ratings for TPD
Fortnight - 8.5
TTPD - 9.0
MBPBHFT - 7.0
Down Bad - 7.5
So Long London - 7.5
But Daddy I Love Him - 8.5
Fresh Out the Slammer - 6.0
Florida!!! - 10.0
Guilty as Sin - 7.0
Who’s Afraid of Little Old Me? - 6.5
I Can Fix Him - 6.5
loml - 9.0
ICDIWABH - 10.0
TSMWHEL - 8.5
The Alchemy - 8.5
Clara Bow - 6.5
The Black Dog - 8.0
imgonnagetyouback - 7.5
The Albatross - 7.0
Chloe or Sam or… - 7.0
How did it end? - 8.0
So high school - 10.0
I hate it here - 9.5
thanK you alMee - 9.5
I look in people’s windows - 7.0
The prophesy - 9.0
Cassandra - 9.0
Peter - 9.0
The Bolter - 9.5
Robin - 7.5
The Manuscript - 9.0

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Does she simply put words together without any structure or storytelling?
Nah mate, it's tortured poetry or something.

I'm expecting her to release a song in a few years where she's just madly staring into the camera shouting "pork markets!"

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Solid album. However, 1989 & Folklore remain my favourites.

MiceOnMeth

Don't think there was a single tune or melody that stood out to me on the whole thing.