Ten Hag Resignation Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

city-puma

They've made it as difficult as can be but no one forced him to carry on playing Maguire and De Gea - players that fundamentally can't play in his system - buy a midget centre back and spend all summer chasing De Jong and other shite Eredivisie players. He's made a lot of mistakes already.
It’s DDG. It has nothing to do with Maguire.

TGod

We all knew that this season would be rough. Premier league doesn't give new managers a chance to pass across their ideas to the players.
Especially managers that wants to change the club's tactics entirely. ETH has to be flexible if he is to survive this league

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
What do you mean approved?

Martinez was his signing and his alone. Just wasted a shit tonne on a CB unsuited to the PL and has now set us back even further.
I stand corrected. Anyway, Can you imagine Martinez versus Haaland? I bet he doesn't make the pitch unless ETH evolve his thinking and plays him as a combative dm

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Yeah I didn't understand doing that because Ralf had seen first hand what rotters this lot are
I expect Arnold, Murtough and the rest told him he didn't need to listen to crazy Ralf who they were about to fire for airing our dirty laundry to the world.

Man-United

Turd cannot be polished.

Sell the players, back the manager.
Back the manager?!?

The same manager who goes all out for Dutch/Eredivice players and trying to sign Arnautovic?

I would not let ETH spend anything.

cyberman

He could have just done that, why would he needing ‘backing’ to it. He has Varane on the bench ffs. Criminal.
Varane is just as bad imo. Much of a muchness.
He can’t gut it if the club can’t fecking sell anyone or bring the majority of their targets. It’s the same problem we have year on year.

Rajma

He's making his own mistakes and deserves criticism for that too.

He refused to even meet with Rangnick who could have told him the squad is shit. He seemingly couldn't see De Gea can't play in a possession based team. He picked McFred and then this abomination of a midfield. He insisted on wasting a ton of money on a centre back that was obviously completely unsuited to the Premier League. He insisted on chasing one target all summer with no resolution in sight.

The club will be dross until the Glazers go, but ETH has been completely and utterly underwhelming so far himself, as bad even as Moyes. If he decides to chuck in the towel he's a coward to boot.
100% this.

led_scholes

Rangnick was the father of gegenpressing. Klopp and Tuchel raved about him. He came to United and he tanked. ETH was the most promising manager in Europe. He came to United and he's tanking. Can you see the pattern here? The team built by Cardiff isn't suited for the modern game. The club should embrace that they thrown 420m in the bin and that this squad require an open heart surgery.
It's difficult for the board to justify an open heart surgery. Because thus they are admitting their mistakes.

They opted for the easy solution: back ETH and hide behind him. They should never have accepted ETH to be the recruiting person too. But they are weak and prefer to hide.

croadyman

I expect Arnold, Murtough and the rest told him he didn't need to listen to crazy Ralf who they were about to fire for airing our dirty laundry to the world.
Yeah you are probably right

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I started thinking he might not last the season as early as last week, but put that down to silly kneejerkery.
But this smashing by Brentford, and then an obvious defeat v Liverpool next week, will put us bottom of the league.

He might not outlast Moyes.
Under Moyes we struggled against the best teams, against the lesser ones we managed to win here or there.
By how things look right now, I don't think we can win against anyone in the PL.

binary bot
It’d be easier to get behind him if he went full rebuild. Sell all the blatantly obvious shit players and the ones who don’t want to be here, accept this season as a write off and don’t feck us long term with players that clearly aren’t the future.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Back the manager?!?

The same manager who goes all out for Dutch/Eredivice players and trying to sign Arnautovic?

I would not let ETH spend anything.
We sacked our scouting department and then we sacked rangnick, who else will draw up a list of players apart from ten hag ?

Its not his job but there's no one else either.

big_jeffstar

I think it’s important he goes through this.. pre-season masked a lot of problems and he probably thought it wasn’t as bad as he feared, no more excuses for this lot.. worst premiership team in my opinion, they’re just so flimsy..

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Do we all hate the club this much and want us to fall further behind? The way fans treat this club we deserve to be relegated we really do.

Feck this thread. Hope it gets locked sharpish like the sack watch ones do.

saik

One thing I can say about ETH is he atleast looks like he can identify mistakes quickly. Replaced Martinez and Shaw already who were directly at fault for 2 goals.

Melvin Udall

If he'd not fallen down he'd have easily headed it.
He didn’t fall, he walked over the goal line because he lost his sense of direction. Then he was out of position when the ball came in. It was a very poor play for him.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I feel so bad that I don't know if you're genuine or sarcastic :lol:
I’m serious, on a good team the CBs barely have to work, especially a good possession team. Everyone defends when we don’t have the ball!

Dan_F

Varane is just as bad imo. Much of a muchness.
He can’t gut it if the club can’t fecking sell anyone or bring the majority of their targets. It’s the same problem we have year on year.
I’m not defending the club, but fecking hell. You saying Maguire is as good as Varane?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
One thing I can say about ETH is he atleast looks like he can identify mistakes quickly. Replaced Martinez and Shaw already who were directly at fault for 2 goals.
Didn’t replace Maguire though!

Beans

Supports
Neutral
He didn’t fall, he walked over the goal line because he lost his sense of direction. Then he was out of position when the ball came in. It was a very poor play for him.
Looked like he fell as he tried to head it, but I’ll look at it again.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Rangnick was the father of gegenpressing. Klopp and Tuchel raved about him. He came to United and he tanked. ETH was the most promising manager in Europe. He came to United and he's tanking. Can you see the pattern here? The team built by Cardiff isn't suited for the modern game. The club should embrace that they thrown 420m in the bin and that this squad require an open heart surgery.
We know the Glazers would never do what's needed.

I think we could hire Pep tomorrow and completely ruin him. We're that abysmally run a football club.

Smithy89

Continuing to play Maguire, Shaw, Fred, Rashford and Mctoss will be another managers downfall.

Tiber

Wouldn't have been mad if he handed it in at half time to be honest, but was probably busy scouting mid table dutch teams from 2016

Castia

Few on Twitter suggesting he should walk

The club is fecked

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We know the Glazers would never do what's needed.

I think we could hire Pep tomorrow and completely ruin him. We're that abysmally run a football club.
In that case we need to embrace dull counter attacking football because that is the sort of game this team is built around. TBH ETH was a disappointment to me. I'd love to see us transition to his football but considering how we work it was always going to be along transitioning and he sounds too much of a purist for me (a 4ft5 CB, his insistence in not adding a DM and in bringing in De Jong etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.