Thai Cave kids | All 12 boys and coach rescued from cave | visiting United

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Best news of the year!

HTG

Supports
Bayern
He's busy trying to force a trilogy out of a dire film.
I know. But he knows a lot about diving. I actually think he could do it the right way.
By the way, isn‘t he planning five sequels, not just three?

Lj82

I know. But he knows a lot about diving. I actually think he could do it the right way.
By the way, isn‘t he planning five sequels, not just three?
He already filmed one about cave diving.

GloryHunter07

Elon musk has now tweeted his email correspondence with one of the dive team to show everyone how helpful & important he has been.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
It’s fecked up but I can’t help thinking that the poor bloke who drowned was absolute gold dust for the inevitable Hollywood adaption. The narrative needed at least one casualty, to enhance the sense of peril.
I thought exactly the same, quite grim.

That said, I think my favourite "real incident" thriller was Apollo 13 and they didn't need one to make an excellent film.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Awesome news that they all were rescued. Amazing to see this play out and some great courage from all the rescuers.

Regarding the movie adaptation talk... I really hope the kids have someone intelligent advising them and they end up seeing the vast majority of the profits from any big summer Hollywood movie.
It would be really tragic if some Hollywood scumbag exploits this story for profit and the kids don't get the vast majority of the money. Whether I pay money for any movie will depend on where the profits go. If the kids are not getting the profits I have no interest in some Michael Bey arsehole making money off this amazing story.

Revan

Assumptionman
I don't like this transformation of Elon Musk into Donald Trump. 'Me me me me me' was totally unneeded here.

justboy68

What an amazing achievement. This event made me realise that nearly everything you hear about humanity these days is something negative. We're trashing the planet, overfishing and polluting the atmosphere. Or how our already drastic financial inequality is rising further, how jobs are driving us to do more work for less etc. It's so nice to have a reminder of how great humanity can be when the best of us really put their minds and hearts in something. I feel like more than just rescuing the kids, they've helped to inspire millions around the world. Thank you to all of them.

On a final note let us not forget the Navy Seal who gave his life. I hope he is at peace and in some way looking on with pride.

MDFC Manager

On a final note let us not forget the Navy Seal who gave his life. I hope he is at peace and in some way looking on with
Without his sacrifice, it's possible that they wouldn't have carried out the rescue as early as they eventually did. They could have well ended up waiting and likely worsening the situation.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
They do great things but they accomplish stuff by overworking underpaid engineering talent out of Uni, or overworking engineers who fall in love with the SpaceX ideal. It's a horrible existence; their turnover rates are insane.
Most of that is true... but they love it.

Compared with

SpaceX have over 50% of the commercial launch market and they could soon have a near monopoly on non-government launches other than cube-sats. At the same time, they're launching commercial resupply and soon ISS Crew missions, as well as developing the BFR.

And somehow they've got a 90% recommendation which is higher than practically all their rivals in the industry.

Of course they work hard. But would you rather work your arse off at SpaceX doing something amazing, where an intern can write code that saves a NASA mission, or take a job at at someone like ULA where management will prevent anything initiative taking place.

ANYWAY

Good job cave diving heroes!

Lj82

Just read on social media some very heart warming stories that came out of this whole episode. Quite obviously the story has gripped the entire nation in Thailand. What we didn't see in mainstream international media is the willing sacrifice of the Thai people.

The farmers in the region willingly signed an agreement that allowed the government to release the water they pumped out from the cave into their paddy fields, which flooded their crop.They didn't mind, because they know 13 lives were at stake.

The Thais living in the area rallied together and traveled to the cave to cook for the volunteers involved in the rescue mission. A laundry shop helped provide free laundry services for the volunteers. Many more such small contributions from the community there.

Bear in mind that these are folks who do not have much to begin with. Esp the farmers, whose livelihood depends very much on their crops that were flooded. The engineers involved in the pumping of water said they will not leave without helping the farmers pump the water out of their fields, now that the evacuation mission is over. The sense of community over there in Thailand is just amazing.

And then we contrast this with the attention seeking billionaire...

Sandyman

Absolutely incredible from all involved - the trapped students, the teacher, the divers and Navy seals, the people planing the rescue, the people involved who had to take tough decisions, the doctors and emergency staff involved, the cooks cooking for all the people, the press who for the most part did not look for sensationalism but did proper reporting, the parents who remained calm, and everyone involved. Wonderful all around and most of them volunteered to be there, which is amazing.

Hope the kids and esp the teacher are treated properly for their mental and physical health.

Thoughts go out to the diver who lost his life in making this possible. Was losing my faith in humanity seeing all the negative shit happening around the world, but maybe this just shows that in times of crisis, humans will rise above and shine through.

MDFC Manager

Just read on social media some very heart warming stories that came out of this whole episode. Quite obviously the story has gripped the entire nation in Thailand. What we didn't see in mainstream international media is the willing sacrifice of the Thai people.

The farmers in the region willingly signed an agreement that allowed the government to release the water they pumped out from the cave into their paddy fields, which flooded their crop.They didn't mind, because they know 13 lives were at stake.

The Thais living in the area rallied together and traveled to the cave to cook for the volunteers involved in the rescue mission. A laundry shop helped provide free laundry services for the volunteers. Many more such small contributions from the community there.

Bear in mind that these are folks who do not have much to begin with. Esp the farmers, whose livelihood depends very much on their crops that were flooded. The engineers involved in the pumping of water said they will not leave without helping the farmers pump the water out of their fields, now that the evacuation mission is over. The sense of community over there in Thailand is just amazing.

Yup, incredible stories coming out. The ones about the farmers especially so, like you've said. Who knows what the long term effects of the cave water (limestone saturated) would be on their fields. And you've to remember that these farmers would only have very small fields to begin with.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

That's incredible

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
This is a real life miracle. Whether you believe in some god who made it happen, or the fact it was strong and brave people, it happened against all odds.

Thank feck, a real feel good story of what us humans can actually do when we work together. We can come together and we can survive.

As it fecking should be.

Boogie Man

This is a real life miracle. Whether you believe in some god who made it happen, or the fact it was strong and brave people, it happened against all odds.

Thank feck, a real feel good story of what us humans can actually do when we work together. We can come together and we can survive.

As it fecking should be.
So God opened up the skies to trap them in that cave. But mankind came riding to the rescue. Humans 1 God 0 :cool:

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119

As it fecking should be.
miracle
ˈmɪrək(ə)l/
noun
  1. an extraordinary and welcome event that is not explicable by natural or scientific laws and is therefore attributed to a divine agency.

Rajma

Heroes all involved, such a relief and RIP to that Navy he won't be forgotten by any of those people.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Kind of hope the rescuers had cameras on and filmed the whole thing
They certainly did, these sort of people always carry them nowadays. Beyond sharing and exposition, they are important to review and study procedures, etc.

Skills

Snitch
Great effort to do something like. RIP to the diver who lost his life on this mission, one life lost too many sadly

nimic

something nice
Scout
He was always like this
And big fecking surprise, the guy he was having a Twitter tantrum about not actually being the rescue chief... turned out to be the rescue chief. And the expert he referred to was a) not in charge and b) later decided himself that the submarine would not be practical.

I think Elon Musk lives in an Ayn Rand novel.