Thai Cave kids | All 12 boys and coach rescued from cave | visiting United

diarm

According to BBC, Thai media are reporting the first two boys have just been brought out.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Wow, brilliant!

Carolina Red

Staff
Those rescue divers couldn’t sneak up on you from behind...

...on account of their brass balls clanking together.

Best of luck to them!

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Oh man I hope that's true. Would be a massive morale boost for the rest of the operation if they have confirmation that the plan works.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
No official confirmation yet. Seems very soon - earlier suggestions were for the first boys to be brought out by 3pm (gmt) at the earliest.

About 30 minutes ago the Guardian were reporting that roads had been cleared and there was a flurry of activity at the cave but suggested that it signalled the arrival of some dignitary or other. Possible that rumour spread that they were clearing for ambulances.

Silva

The same news place said a third boy came out 20 minutes after the second. Nowhere else is reporting it and it's been an hour since the first apparently came out, so who knows.

MDFC Manager

The same news place said a third boy came out 20 minutes after the second. Nowhere else is reporting it and it's been an hour since the first apparently came out, so who knows.
Yup, don't see any of the international press reporting this, despite being well represented on the ground.

I do bloody hope it's true though!

Sandyman

Man I hope we hear official confirmation soon. Am assuming they may be waiting for a bunch to arrive before confirming it. Anyways, incredible effort from all involved. Hopefully the other boys and the teacher are out soon.

Arruda

Supports
Porto
I've been hearing that one is in chamber 1 and two in chamber 2, which mean the hard part is done and they should be soon coming out.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Keep 'em coming. I can't imagine what must be going through the minds of the kids going last. Or the one already out for that matter.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Guardian said:
Various contradictory reports are circulating regarding the emergence of two of the boys.

Reuters says, citing a local official, that the first two members of the Thai football team have been recovered from the cave.

ITV’s John Irvine says that a local police chief has just told him that two of the boys are out of the cave complex. They are apparently safe and reasonably well.

The Bangkok Post, meanwhile, says the first 2 boys are on their way to the entrance of the cave suggesting that they have completed the swim and are now walking through the chambers.

The Guardian cannot confirm any of these reports.
These aren't that contradictory and all suggest that 2 kids have completed the swim.

Arruda

Supports
Porto
I was watching live video of the door of the hospital where the children will be brought to and there were a few employees on the phone looking ecstatic. Hopefully it's a sign that they are receiving good news.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
I was watching live video of the door of the hospital where the children will be brought to and there were a few employees on the phone looking ecstatic. Hopefully it's a sign that they are receiving good news.
Could you link it?

MDFC Manager

Keep 'em coming. I can't imagine what must be going through the minds of the kids going last. Or the one already out for that matter.
Yes, fortunately it appears as if there are multiple divers with the kids already. At no point will anyone be alone.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Holy cow, I wonder how this affects the kids from a mental perspective. I hope they get treated for any potential PTSD.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
At the very least it sounds like some are close to coming out if they aren't already. The reduced water levels will have made the journey a bit easier and safer.

Sandyman

Even if there are contradictory reports, all of them are positive and point to the rescue operation going smoothly. So, excellent news!

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
It seems they also installed a rope line throughout the flooded parts if I'm not mistaken? Could have helped both the divers and kids to have something to hold onto.

Sandyman

First two boys have been rescued, local officials tell Reuters
The first two members of the Thai football team have been rescued, a local rescue official told Reuters.

“Two kids are out. They are currently at the field hospital near the cave,” said Tossathep Boonthong, chief of Chiang Rai’s health department and part of the rescue team.

“We are giving them a physical examination. They have not been moved to Chiang Rai hospital yet,” Tossathep told Reuters.
From the Guardian. Incredible incredible effort from all involved.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Fantastic news!

For someone that’s claustrophobic, I can’t imagine even an hour down there.

How many boys at a time are they taking out?

Arruda

Supports
Porto
It seems they also installed a rope line throughout the flooded parts if I'm not mistaken? Could have helped both the divers and kids to have something to hold onto.
I think divers always carry ropes, so they are probably there since the first two found the boys. In cave diving you can easily get disorientated due to the chance of zero visibility. Even with helmet lights, mud or sand can make it inppssoble to see.

MDFC Manager

Fantastic news!

For someone that’s claustrophobic, I can’t imagine even an hour down there.

How many boys at a time are they taking out?
4-3-3-3 is their plan apparently. Not sure how exactly that works, but thank god it's working.