Thai Cave kids | All 12 boys and coach rescued from cave | visiting United

We need an rvn

excellent news! credit to the boys for staying calm for all this time and wow to the people involved in the rescue. Get them all out get that fried chicken ready they've all been looking forward to!

Melvyn

prostate examiner
Seems like they are exiting a lot quicker than the estimated time. Probably due to the fact that a lot of it is walkable now compared to before.

MDFC Manager

The first kids were out 3 hours of schedule apparently. Guess that's only possible if most of their journey wasn't underwater as against earlier expectations.

vangagal

none of them are obese
:lol:. I know from the picture of them. But surely, you know what i mean. Have you ever been cave diving before? Those kind of space that surely should be evaded at any cost if possible. But well, since they are all kids, maybe it wasnt come to their mind at all.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Rain is forecasted for later so if things are going well it's expected they make the best of the favourable conditions and rush them out as quickly as safely possible.

MDFC Manager

No one seems to know that. Maybe there's a different route.
Maybe there was another route they went through but it collapsed/is no longer accessible?
Apparently they we're visiting "Pattaya beach", which is a known hangout spot and it comes after navigating all the tiniest sections (when going in). It's from here that it wasn't known where they went.

Arruda

Supports
Porto
:lol:. I know from the picture of them. But surely, you know what i mean. Have you ever been cave diving before? Those kind of space that surely should be evaded at any cost if possible. But well, since they are all kids, maybe it wasnt come to their mind at all.
It was reported that they had been to the cave before so they weren't totally new to the idea. Those places might be tight but when you're relaxed and not expecting to be flooded it's probably a lot more doable. Unaware of the possible dangers I can see them doing it without too much trouble.

Dan

Yeah nah.
This brings back flashbacks to the time I went caving in the Brecon Beacons. Had to crawl through a section called the letter box, probably the coldest water i’ve been in.

Found a video of that section

Classical Mechanic

Has no one ever been caving? Never done it under water but have been through crevices that are so tight you feel them gripping your body. The darkness in a cave when you turn your lights off is like you've never experienced.

edit: @Dan has

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Has no one ever been caving? Never done it under water but have been through crevices that are so tight you feel them gripping your body. The darkness in a cave when you turn your lights off is like you've never experienced.

edit: @Dan has
My dad was a potholer, one of his mates got stuck and died. This put me right off. Been cavern diving (never away from direct sunlight), that was nervy on its own.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
There'll probably be much more details coming out in the next weeks about the operation and where the kids were at the moment they saw the flooding coming towards them.

Revan

Assumptionman
Those videos look terrible to watch. Imagine being there.

Those divers are absolute heroes regardless of the epilogue.

Arruda

Supports
Porto
I saw on the Guardian that the doctors who watched the boys created a priority list with the weaker being taken out first. I expected it to be the other way around, but if these that already came out were in fact the weaker ones, we can only be positive about them all making it through.

MDFC Manager

I saw on the Guardian that the doctors who watched the boys created a priority list with the weaker being taken out first. I expected it to be the other way around, but if these that already came out were in fact the weaker ones, we can only be positive about them all making it through.
Yup, I think they switched about the plan. Hopefully not because the weaker ones were critical or something.

Classical Mechanic

My dad was a potholer, one of his mates got stuck and died. This put me right off. Been cavern diving (never away from direct sunlight), that was nervy on its own.
A kid died at one of the sites I used to go a few years after the last time I went. Flash flooding. I read that underwater caving is the most dangerous sport in the world with 1% of participants dying every year.

There's no way in hell they'd prioritise the stronger ones!