That post match interview with our manager

I’m just curious, how many think Jose is still the right man to lead the club forward?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mohamed Salah

Supports
Merseyside Red FC
Newbie here, just giving my opinion. Klopp is not perfect (Woodburn and some of the youngster that not being played for Alberto Moreno to play in CM). Believe it or not, he also have his favourites but to compare Klopp to Mourinho with regards to this is ridiculous.

Shaw, Martial & Rashford must be really nervous and it is not good for their development as young players. One poor game and they are out (and criticise in public). Hope some journalist will have the ball to ask him this 'Can Lukaku do what Rashford do to Liverpool just a few months back'?

Reactions: Fortitude

steffyr2

However you look at it, his man management skill is terrible. In today's business, he'd get fired. Unless you are Donald Trump, who only run a nation.
You all would say he's delusional if he came out and said anything positive about the game yesterday. The players were terrible. They were walking through the game until they went behind.
Do you remember Sir Alex at all?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
People are actually defending the players who put in horrendous performances week in week out. Not a single one them last night tried to raise the bar, yet people bash someone who has tried everything but failed to motivate these bunch of fannies. These players lack character to perform consistently and are rightly getting the stick IMHO. Jose doesn't do this everytime but it will be difficult for anyone to tolerate such performances.

SirAF

Ageist
Just asking. He is under fire by the way from all quarters for the football we play. So until he overhauls City it will continue. We are always going to be compared to them and them to us.
And the answer is obvious: further progress from what has already been made would be to challenge for the title.

Treble

I can understand throwing Martial under the bus because he is likely to leave anyway but Rashford? Doesn't make sense to me as he is a local lad and well liked among fans and pundits.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
You all would say he's delusional if he came out and said anything positive about the game yesterday. The players were terrible. They were walking through the game until they went behind.
Do you remember Sir Alex at all?
Sir Alex who any other team fans would testify, that he's always managing the shittest team to win PL years after years? The one who always like to develop young players into world class? The manager who mostly win the game with beautiful style?

Yes, I remember him.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
People are actually defending the players who put in horrendous performances week in week out. Not a single one them last night tried to raise the bar, yet people bash someone who has tried everything but failed to motivate these bunch of fannies. These players lack character to perform consistently and are rightly getting the stick IMHO. Jose doesn't do this everytime but it will be difficult for anyone to tolerate such performances.
Think the players are cowards, but so is the manager as well, so a match made in heaven.

AndyJ1985

Hmm.. is that how you are managing your subordinates/co-workers at work? Throwing them in worldwide public every time you think they don't perform?
If I was managing a team (football or otherwise) and certain people weren't putting in the effort, or weren't listening to me - on a consistent basis- then yes absolutely I would criticise them in front of their peers. Maybe in your world of chocolate rabbits and pretty rainbows everything is solved with a hug and a smile. In the real world some people need a good bollocking and to be told to get their act together and sort their shit out. If they can't do that then you get rid.

I'm sick of people defending our players after every abysmal performance. Some of them aren't fit to wear the United shirt, but it's the manager who takes the flack for not managing them properly. There's plenty of criticism that can be thrown at Jose, but he can't be blamed for every terrible individual player performance.

simplyared

Anyone understand why he hugged Chris Hughton 3 mins before the match was over. He used to do it to opposing managers to rile them before the end of the game. Difference then was he was winning.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If I was managing a team (football or otherwise) and certain people weren't putting in the effort, or weren't listening to me - on a consistent basis- then yes absolutely I would criticise them in front of their peers. Maybe in your world of chocolate rabbits and pretty rainbows everything is solved with a hug and a smile. In the real world some people need a good bollocking and to be told to get their act together and sort their shit out. If they can't do that then you get rid.

I'm sick of people defending our players after every abysmal performance. Some of them aren't fit to wear the United shirt, but it's the manager who takes the flack for not managing them properly. There's plenty of criticism that can be thrown at Jose, but he can't be blamed for every terrible individual player performance.
Is that what he did?

binary bot
I wouldn’t even bother defending the players if Mourinho hadn’t said anything.

It’s pathetic to throw Youngsters under the bus publically to protect yourself, whilst persisting and praising Fellaini.

The performance speaks for itself.

RedStarUnited

It's easy for Pep to be magnanimous in defeat because he's running away with the league.

Klopp certainly does not take full responsibility. He's blamed everything from the linesman to the dryness of the pitch.
He wasn't last year and this is what he said after losing 4-2 to Leicester.

Football is a game with mistakes, especially today. I would never complain to my players and I will look inside myself and analyse the reason why we have problems with the second balls when they arrive.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Anyone understand why he hugged Chris Hughton 3 mins before the match was over. He used to do it to opposing managers to rile them before the end of the game. Difference then was he was winning.
It is not out of character for Mourinho to throw the last 5-10 minutes to make a point. He probably decided in that moment that he was going to slate his players and that no matter what happened we were going to lose.

simplyared

Mourinho was 100% right to criticise those players, would fans have preferred him to lie and say that they played well?! They couldn’t even do the basics. Yet again, the ‘talented’ players over complicated things with the ball and lost it time after frustrating time, when the simple pass was the obvious choice.
If Jose had come out and said the players did well and it was his fault, I’d be thinking that he’d lost the plot. Overpaid, lazy Prima-donnas.
A bad workman always blames his tools!

DomesticTadpole

I wouldn’t even bother defending the players if Mourinho hadn’t said anything.

It’s pathetic to throw Youngsters under the bus publically to protect yourself, whilst persisting and praising Fellaini.

The performance speaks for itself.
Hopefully him hauling Fellaini off is showing he has seen the light.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Ohhhh, how dare our consistently successful manager call out a few millionaire players because they struggle to do the most simplistic things on a football pitch. Mourinho is right, Martial and Rashford have been given ample opportunities this season and have performed to the level expected about five times between them.
Rashford does a token jump (not acceptable for a no.9 in this league)when we bypass our slow midfield or takes the wrong touch or turn 9 out 10 times. Martial is so predictable and easy to close out of the game.
Both have tremendous potential, but at this moment in time that's all it is. Manchester United should not be building a team around such young and inconsistent players. Before anyone mentions the class of 92, they came up together and were on no where near the money or 1st team football that Martial and Rashford are on now. They grew in to the side and did exactly what the manager instructed. They also had fight for the club.
We should definitely sell Martial if he is not willing to dig in and improve. Rashford just needs to be integrated correctly and playing every game is doing him no favors. I even doubt Sir Alex would be relying on these two without being ready to pounce on a player that can perform regularly.
On a side note a big problem I see are not enough leaders in this team. Our senior players who have been around the club for a while are
Valencia/Smalling/Young, kind of pathetic. Players who never fight when the chips are down are pretty much the rest except Lukaku/Sanchez/Pogba. Matic just goes about his business and does what the manager needs on the pitch. We need vocal players who are not afraid to give a dressing down to certain players and can offer encouragement when needed. I do trust Mourinho to get it done more then any player in this squad outside of De Gea.
Spot on, glad we have Jose and hope he gets time to rid us off quite a few of these guys that have been here and failed in the last four years. Don’t understand how folk keep on putting an argument up for most of these guys. Three managers have tried and two failed with these players still here. Yet take Mata for instance the live he gets on here is mental for the level of performances he’s put in. We bought him for a record fee and he’s done what? But we hear on this forum great little player, nice beard, he’s in the wrong position and ultimately it’s the managers fault. What that every time he gets the ball he passes side ways of backwards followed by a little sprint it’s excruciating to watch. I’ve saw him be central (no 10 area) many times in games and he does the same. Yet he gets an easy ride and it’s not just him there are quite a few more in our squad. I hope the manager gets time as he’ll as we are seeing won’t accept this. If folk are unhappy with that then I couldn’t give two fecks. I’d rather see us go through this than to do a Liverpool of the 90s.

redIndianDevil

Pep : If we win it's because of the players. If we lose I'm 100% responsible

Klopp: I take the full responsibility for this loss. It was an average day for us.

But Mourinho after losing goes from players to referees to anyone but himself. To this day I have never seen him take any responsibility for a defeat. I do not understand why he likes to separate himself from failure. Infact if players aren't responding to you and on numerous occasions he's told us they do things he told them not to do then it just highlights your failings as a manager. Against Spurs in January he said he'd worked on nullifying the long ball to Kane. Within 10 seconds they scored. Against Brighton he told us he'd worked with the players on faster build up etc. But again we don't see that. He picks the team, chooses the tactics, sets out the game plan. If it's not being carried out and not once not twice but pretty much every few games then I'm sorry but manager is at fault.
We don't really know if he did all those things do we? We only hear his point of view, and it's proven again and again that he will utter any bullshit to deflect the blame from himself.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Weird how people bitch and moan about pretty much every single one of our players but our manager isn’t allowed to call them out for a shit performance without people bitching and moaning at him.

Varun

Staff
Weird how people bitch and moan about pretty much every single one of our players but our manager isn’t allowed to call them out for a shit performance without people bitching and moaning at him.
Surely you see the difference between posters on a forum vs match going fans let alone the manager?

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Surely you see the difference between posters on a forum vs match going fans let alone the manager?
I mean, people love to talk about how they know tactics better than Mourinho. So, managing isn't as easy as the caf make it out to be?

Varun

Staff
I mean, people love to talk about how they know tactics better than Mourinho. So, managing isn't as easy as the caf make it out to be?
Back your comment with at least a handful of posts where people state the part in bold.

redIndianDevil

I'm indifferent to Jose really, not an avid fan but not a huge critic. I have to say though, bus-throwing isn't something that ever bothers me with a manager to be honest. It doesn't rile me up in the slightest. Rashford and Martial have both been very below-par for the majority of the season, with a few awesome performances sprinkled in here and there. Lukaku has contributed twice as much as either of them both in terms of goals and commitment/attitude.

Was there any need for Jose to say this? No. But it doesn't bother me that he did, I've been thinking the same about that pair for much of the season. Same goes for Luke Shaw, who's been a complete waste of space all season.
Problem is why isn't everyone getting the same treatment? All his favourites Valencia, Young, Lukaku, Matic and Sanchez have been just as crap as these players were at some point of the season, he backed them to the hilt, played them every match to find form whereas Martial, Rashford, Shaw get benched, dropped from the squad, publicly criticized after giving them little playing time or support.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Back your comment with at least a handful of posts where people state the part in bold.
Play Pogba in a midfield 3
Play Martial as a striiker
Play Sanchez on the right
Play possession based football

Do I really need to bring up examples when they are so common. Many posters talk about 'obvious' tactical decisions that they can see that aren't being implemented by the manager.

Many posters on here treat management like a video game.

Varun

Staff
Btw, not sure if you understood but the point was about what/how the manager says in the media means/affects the players vs randomers moaning on a forum which affects nothing. Even match going fans have an impact based on what they do during a match. Caftard moaning in the match thread? Means feckall.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Think the players are cowards, but so is the manager as well, so a match made in heaven.
No our manager is not a coward. He is too precautionary because he knows the defensive deficiencies this team suffers from. Sometimes its its down to players to step up but we rarely see that when nothing is at stake for them.

We played well against city to save pride.
We played well against spurs to win a trophy.

Other matches didn't really mean anything to the players, so they didn't bother to turn up.

Varun

Staff
Play Pogba in a midfield 3
Play Martial as a striiker
Play Sanchez on the right
Play possession based football

Do I really need to bring up examples when they are so common. Many posters talk about 'obvious' tactical decisions that they can see that aren't being implemented by the manager.

Many posters on here treat management like a video game.
I'll leave it upto you to work out the difference between posters on a football forum posting their views on how the team or players could play and them believing they would be better managers than Jose.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Btw, not sure if you understood but the point was about what/how the manager says in the media means/affects the players vs randomers moaning on a forum which affects nothing. Even match going fans have an impact based on what they do during a match. Caftard moaning in the match thread? Means feckall.
So caf posters are moaning as by standers. Now imagine if their job was on the line and they were tasked with motivating young millionaires.

99% of those on here would have a meltdown after their first game in charge.

I'll leave it upto you to work out the difference between posters on a football forum posting their views on how the team or players could play and them believing they would be better managers than Jose.
Except there are plenty talking about him being a dinosaaur and coward. That if you play the way they want to then they would be so much better. There is a heavy implication there.

DomesticTadpole

No our manager is not a coward. He is too precautionary because he knows the defensive deficiencies this team suffers from. Sometimes its its down to players to step up but we rarely see that when nothing is at stake for them.

We played well against city to save pride.
We played well against spurs to win a trophy.

Other matches didn't really mean anything to the players, so they didn't bother to turn up.
Then he needs to make sure he addresses the defence, a new CB and two fullbacks plus a number of defenders sold.

Smithy_123

Dinosaur.

He only has one way of man management and if it works, great. If not, then it spectacularly fails. Tough love isn't suited for everyone.

I get the feeling he only knows how to manage older players. When it comes to younger players he's hopeless. Look at Rashford, Martial, Shaw. Look at what happened with De Bruyne and Salah.

AshRK

I like Jose and really wish he succeeds here but he is doing himself no favor. He always craved for this job and 2 years on he is treating Manchester United as like just another club he has managed. He is not changing, not adapting and is just making a mockery of himself. No one is forcing you to play shit like darmian yet he plays them. He treats players like fellaini, young , smalling, jones , Valencia as some great world class players when none of them are. Hate to say I don't care if he leaves but I dont rhink he will. For his and the club's benefit hopefully he does well next season and we win something major aka PL or CL, if not he is just wasting his time and spoiling his legacy.

Varun

Staff
So caf posters are moaning as by standers. Now imagine if their job was on the line and they were tasked with motivating young millionaires.

99% of those on here would have a meltdown after their first game in charge.
You'll need to help me with the point you're making wrt the relevancy to the thread.

Caftards and the Manchester United manager having to behave differently and Caftards not being as good football managers as Jose Mourinho is what I got but I'm sure you're making a more relevant and less obvious one.

redIndianDevil

What if your manager is someone like David Brent, he doesn't do his job well, but blows his own trumpet every time, doesn't train them well but publicly berates them? Let's say you are young guy and quite new but the said manager doesn't train you well and you have no idea how to do the job properly but you still get publicly criticized in front of your peers for not doing the work properly. Would you still be be willing to give your 100% to such a guy? Or would you look for a new job?

Swift Football

From you two's points - Its not just single player, its the whole bunch and its not one off performance but quite a few peformances. Thats the thing. If it were just 1 or 2 player, the fault could have been in that individual player but its majority of our players. Our whole midfield and attack were poor yesterday. This includes some of the players Jose brought himself and some of them Jose loves. I blame our manager and the playing style he has imposed on the squad.

Lets say hypothetically that its our players who downed the tools and they are just a bunch of mercenaries. So, how can we actually solve that problem/situation. Clearly they dont give a feck what Jose has to say and the club cannot replace the whole squad. Replacing these players with new mercenaries is also not a solution. So, what is the solution you propose?