That Sensible Football Forum

Davo

Not really, starting new forums is gay...ask Spoony

If the football forum remains crap we could try and have an extra forum which we could use for sensible football discussion only, and stay on the Caf for everything else. Another rival forum would be pointless, and like I said...gay

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
I was against this in the first instance but I'm not so sure now, there has been some decent arguments in the 'for' column, maybe it should be looked into.

One of the problems that would have to be addressed is that the current football forum would become a heaven for wum's / banter - whatever you want to call it - and leaving anything sensible in the newer forum. It would only deteriorate the current forum more and more - another better larger version of the newbies.

I do have to admit some threads are taken over by little battles and it just turns the rest of the posters off it.

Redcafe - a victim of its own success?

WeasteDevil

I was against this in the first instance but I'm not so sure now, there has been some decent arguments in the 'for' column, maybe it should be looked into.

One of the problems that would have to be addressed is that the current football forum would become a heaven for wum's / banter - whatever you want to call it - and leaving anything sensible in the newer forum. It would only deteriorate the current forum more and more - another better larger version of the newbies.

I do have to admit some threads are taken over by little battles and it just turns the rest of the posters off it.

Redcafe - a victim of its own success?
I have an idea - ban every single knobchop muppet that is here or comes along. We can have a reverse election and vote to get rid of 10 per day!

Davo

The whole WUM thing is daft anyway. Some of the more challenged Mancs deem any post that isn't pro Man Utd as a wind up...this can be something along the contraversial lines of Terry being better than Ferdinand. True wind ups are obvious and you'd have to be an absolute spastic to get wound up by them....naturally, many do

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Ooh a reverse election.

What

a

really great

idea

that isn't

Davo

Right, now we've essentially all agreed it's the way forward we need to pick a mod to get it organised. Clearly, we need to rule Noodle out of the running....

I propose Bury Red

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
The whole WUM thing is daft anyway. Some of the more challenged Mancs deem any post that isn't pro Man Utd as a wind up...this can be something along the contraversial lines of Terry being better than Ferdinand. True wind ups are obvious and you'd have to be an absolute spastic to get wound up by them....naturally, many do
Yeah, that's why I said call it whatever you like, it is banded about a lot but then I think some of those that use it class it as anything ranging from a pathetic wind-up to a sly dig. There are times when a poster posts something just slightly controversial to get a reaction out of the other, a bit of banter, but some label it as generally being wum type behaviour. Like the above if it is somebody's viewpoint it is fair enough. They are two contrasting styles anyway so you can understand why one may prefer the other.

Noodle did set up the religious forum... Anyway, I don't expect it to happen sometime soon - the final decision will have to come from the creator.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
I like the idea of an alternate forum for Football discussion but the major problem it will possibly face is regression...you will have posters acting like spastics in there too at times and the obvious solution would be to shunt him back to the 'General' Footie forum...theres going to be massive bickering about the relegations and the promotions and even though Bilbo went a bit OTT with what he said, he has a point.E-egos seem to be far more easily damaged for some reason and it won'tbe easy to handle them.Double work for the mods...

Bannings and relegations seem like the next solution to the problem...if a poster can't cut it in the mains feck him off to the newb...its his call whether he wants to stay or go then on...

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Right, now we've essentially all agreed it's the way forward we need to pick a mod to get it organised. Clearly, we need to rule Noodle out of the running....

I propose Bury Red
I could set up a forum in about five minutes, but it's not something I'd do without the boss approving first. It's his site, and I'm not sure he's too keen on the idea

Tbh, I'm not even sure what most of the other mods think

Davo

I could set up a forum in about five minutes, but it's not something I'd do without the boss approving first. It's his site, and I'm not sure he's too keen on the idea

Tbh, I'm not even sure what most of the other mods think
You and Wibble both seem to like the idea, Bury hasn't said otherwise and has contributed to the thread.

Can't see Niall complaining, as at the end of the day he just wants a decent site, and this can only help. Fair do's that you have to run it past the Gary Neville look alike first...

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
fecking hell stupid thing just sent it on its own...anyway, what about numbers, Davo.On a rough estimate possibly about 80% of the Caf is incapable of proper discussion without mentioning Wenger's sexual habits or something inane...There may be too few to move to the new forum.

I like the idea though, could be tested at the very least.

Davo

fecking hell stupid thing just sent it on its own...anyway, what about numbers, Davo.On a rough estimate possibly about 80% of the Caf is incapable of proper discussion without mentioning Wenger's sexual habits or something inane...There may be too few to move to the new forum.

I like the idea though, could be tested at the very least.
If that proves to be the case it can be a low traffic forum like the current events lark. That would be fine

B Cantona

Desperate
It's not a bad idea, would be far better if we couldn't just be a bit more clinical dispatching the kind of folk who give rise to calls for such an elite forum though. I can see an elite forum causing no end of trouble

noodlehair

"It's like..."
People keep saying that

Surely the idea of banning idiots from posting on a public internet forum is slightly flawed?

olesmyhero

Emmy Moses
It's a good idea in theory, but problems would arise in what would qualify someone to be able to go in. Would it just be people who mainly post in the football forum and have good points or people who occasionally stop by but never post useless WUMmery or anything like that?

sincher

People keep saying that

Surely the idea of banning idiots from posting on a public internet forum is slightly flawed?

...especially when suggested by Brad. Talk about biting your own hands off so you can't feed yourself. Or something.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
I find it funny that all those who have spoken in favour of this forum automatically think they will be a part of it. There could be some very disappointed people once it is set up!

sincher

I find it funny that all those who have spoken in favour of this forum automatically think they will be a part of it. There could be some very disappointed people once it is set up!
It won't happen.

Bearded but no genius

I probably don't start off on the attack, given that I'm normally responding to OTT attacks from other posters - so naturally I take a largely opposite rule.

I'm not beyond being critical when I think it's required mind....e.g. the attempt to sign feckin Heinze
Nonsense.

You start windup threads designed to get the reactions that you're now complaining about from the 'plebs'. You then get to call people names, which really is your biggest shtick on here and has been for some time.

You then complain that no one wants to engage you in serious talk, but yet refuse to do so regarding your own team, and spout unbelievably biased rubbish and then claim you're being attacked by 'spastics' or 'cretins'.

You're not capable of the 'neutral' and 'unbiased' football talk you are supposedly so desperate to have.

Again, it is just a means to create a little forum for the Elite clique of back-slappers.

Davo

Nonsense.

You start windup threads designed to get the reactions that you're now complaining about from the 'plebs'. You then get to call people names, which really is your biggest shtick on here and has been for some time.

You then complain that no one wants to engage you in serious talk, but yet refuse to do so regarding your own team, and spout unbelievably biased rubbish and then claim you're being attacked by 'spastics' or 'cretins'.

You're not capable of the 'neutral' and 'unbiased' football talk you are supposedly so desperate to have.

Again, it is just a means to create a little forum for the Elite clique of back-slappers.
Nahh, that's just silly talk. Define "wind up" threads? Again, this goes back to the point about certain more sensitive souls actually becoming wound up by anything they don't like, as opposed to a thread purposely posted to wind people up. Yeah name calling and a good bit of abuse has got its place, not when it destroys every chance of having a good debate mind.

I've debated seriously about Liverpool loads of times on here. Are you seriously suggesting otherwise? It's what brought me to the board in the first place....absurd point

Fans are always going to retain an element of bias towards their own clubs, pointless to claim otherwise. I can be as objective regarding my club as most on here, far more than the majority.

It's an attempt to improve the discussion on the site regarding it's main subject. Fortunately is seems that the majority disagree with your strange "back-slapping" view

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Nahh, that's just silly talk. Define "wind up" threads? Again, this goes back to the point about certain more sensitive souls actually becoming wound up by anything they don't like, as opposed to a thread purposely posted to wind people up. Yeah name calling and a good bit of abuse has got its place, not when it destroys every chance of having a good debate mind.

I've debated seriously about Liverpool loads of times on here. Are you seriously suggesting otherwise? It's what brought me to the board in the first place....absurd point

Fans are always going to retain an element of bias towards their own clubs, pointless to claim otherwise. I can be as objective regarding my club as most on here, far more than the majority.

It's an attempt to improve the discussion on the site regarding it's main subject. Fortunately is seems that the majority disagree with your strange "back-slapping" view
Jason is blatantly right, I just want to see how this idea would play out. As misguided as it initially seemed, it may actually turn out to be a sound idea. Couldn't care less if I was to get snubbed though. I'd get over it.

PS. Talk of a second forum is something else though, I've only got time for the caf, I haven't bothered with any other forums since I've been a member ... I hope you lot don't fcuk it up.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
i favour mass bannings. im getting sick of fans who cant string two sentences together without insulting someone or row after row of smilies.

anyone under 18 should be fecked out for a start

Davo

Jason is blatantly right, I just want to see how this idea would play out. As misguided as it initially seemed, it may actually turn out to be a sound idea. Couldn't care less if I was to get snubbed though. I'd get over it.
Well no, he's not. He's entitled to his view as to whether we need a new forum, but the points he makes are daft

Davo

i favour mass bannings. im getting sick of fans who cant string two sentences together without insulting someone or row after row of smilies.

anyone under 18 should be fecked out for a start
Too risky, you'd have to ban feckin loads of posters and could hammer the site in terms of traffic

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Well no, he's not. He's entitled to his view as to whether we need a new forum, but the points he makes are daft
Whatever, just get it sorted then, prove him wrong.

Dyslexic Untied

I can only speak for myself of course but I`m personally against the idea. I do agree that something needs to be done, but like many others I favour a stricter moderating of the current forum. I think it has helped a bit after the issue was brought up in the first thread as well, even though that might be because we finally have something to talk about.

I usually don`t post very much in the football forum, and I rarely go into long discussions there either, so I probably don`t get recognized. I don`t post crap though and I feel that I can contribute as well as any other, atleast almost. I`m against the idea, because there is no way I, or posters like me, will be included in the new forum, we don`t "stand out" enough. That would leave me with a crap forum where nothing but shit will be thrown. It will be the newbies all over again really. I`m probably being selfish here, I can see why others would want this new sub-forum, but as I said I`m against it personally.