The bad (typically gun related) things happening in America thread

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I want to leave this place. 3 years ago that meant a Alabama. A year ago that meant a Wisconsin. Today that means this dumpster fire of a country.

I am heartbroken over this. We drive through Waukesha weekly to visit family. We have family in Waukesha. We have family who were in that marching band a few years ago. Wether this purposeful or accidental I am numb.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
I want to leave this place. 3 years ago that meant a Alabama. A year ago that meant a Wisconsin. Today that means this dumpster fire of a country.

I am heartbroken over this. We drive through Waukesha weekly to visit family. We have family in Waukesha. We have family who were in that marching band a few years ago. Wether this purposeful or accidental I am numb.
I'm so sorry you have to go though this and I'm sorry for all the people affected by this. This is such a senseless attack on the innocent. I'm praying the reason isn't what I think it is. There's so much hate amongst us. Why do people hate so? It's a disease that's spreading and sadly there's no cure in sight.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Have they got a motive from the driver, as its clear it wasn't an accident. Why do I think it is just some entitle prick who didn't want to have to wait and snapped.

Skizzo

Have they got a motive from the driver, as its clear it wasn't an accident. Why do I think it is just some entitle prick who didn't want to have to wait and snapped.
The last part of your statement seems entirely unlikely. Apparently multiple sources have identified the driver and there’s pictures circulating of the guy behind the wheel and with the suv parked In his driveway. If it is the same party, then he got released a couple of days ago on bond.

Cloud7

The culture war really fried people's brains.

There are apparently 'multiple deaths' already confirmed (CNN latest), with many more critical - most of them kids.
WTF. I get being upset at the Rittenhouse verdict, but innocent people and children just got run over in an act of unprovoked violence. How the hell do you deem that the right time for political jabs? This is disgusting.

It’s not even like the gun debate where it’s at least reasonable to point out guns are the reason behind it, this is entirely different.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Such a senseless tragedy, with kids and all. :( Biden, or CIA or FBI really needs to exercise some emergency protocols and start rewriting the obviously useless American governing system.

Bobski

That was the point. People trying to turn a tragedy into a tug of war over semantics.
2021, when the first reaction after a tragedy like this is how it impacts your social and political views rather than concern for the victims.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
“When Brooks was detained, police found a Ford key on him, according to scanner audio obtained by Heavy”

Am I reading this right as in a Heavy has a scanner that makes it possible for them to listen in on police radio?
Anyone can purchase a police scanner I believe and I think you can listen to lots of departments online.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
“When Brooks was detained, police found a Ford key on him, according to scanner audio obtained by Heavy”

Am I reading this right as in a Heavy has a scanner that makes it possible for them to listen in on police radio?
Either they have one or have a contact that has one and follows critical police incidents. I don’t think it’s hard to get one even on an app. A lot of pertinent information can be heard especially in a sudden emergency situation. Usually officers on a scene can switch their radios to a secured frequency to keep chatter in-house away from press and non-police using these scanners.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I love this website, but some times it makes me feel so fecking bad
It must be "nice" to be able to view this shit from afar (not at all a dig at you!!!). Living here is scary. Just this year, and just with my wife's Milwaukee family, we have had to wait by the phone to see if someone was a casualty in a mall mass shooting and now this as her family traditionally went to the parade (especially when the kids were marching in it as part of a HS band).

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
@WI_Red why is this town holding a Christmas parade so many weeks in advance? Is it due to weather issues in December?
Likely so. I always heard it referred to as the "Holiday Parade" so I think they roll in Thanksgiving and Christmas. December in WI can be decent or is can be a blizzard, so smart to hold it earlier.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Anyone can purchase a police scanner I believe and I think you can listen to lots of departments online.
Either they have one or have a contact that has one and follows critical police incidents. I don’t think it’s hard to get one even on an app. A lot of pertinent information can be heard especially in a sudden emergency situation. Usually officers on a scene can switch their radios to a secured frequency to keep chatter in-house away from press and non-police using these scanners.
Cheers. Sounds ridiculous to me, although not exactly surprising.