The bad (typically gun related) things happening in America thread

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Video shows a man being shot.

Its unclear if the man is dead, it looks it from these clips, but it's absolutely chilling to watch someone shoot someone else, possibly kill them, and just stand there nonchalant shrugging his shoulders.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Its unclear if the man is dead, it looks it from these clips, but it's absolutely chilling to watch someone shoot someone else, possibly kill them, and just stand there nonchalant shrugging his shoulders.

It's so surreal that it beggars belief, especially the calmness displayed by everyone, but it is Texas, America...

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It's so surreal that it beggars belief, especially the calmness displayed by everyone, but it is Texas, America...
Yeah it's obvious everyone in the video has seen a person shot dead before. I can't imagine living in a place where a person I'm having a disagreement with can pull out a gun at any moment.

MarylandMUFan

Yeah it's obvious everyone in the video has seen a person shot dead before. I can't imagine living in a place where a person I'm having a disagreement with can pull out a gun at any moment.
It's absolutely mental. I am so glad I don't live in that dump of a state. It will be interesting to see what all the Californians moving out there think of the place after a while.

Drainy

Is this retaliation for the Kyle Rittenhouse verdict?
More information is out now.

Seems he was fleeing from a domestic violence incident, he was already on bond for running a girlfriend over. They set it at $1000..

He ran the people over to try and escape from the police, by the looks of it.

6 dead, 1 was 8 years old. 62 injured, some critically.

New bond is $5m.

Unrelated to Rittenhouse by the looks of it, but similarly he'd had some spicy comments on social media. Will be interesting to see if people want them included in the trial.

Dr. StrangeHate

More information is out now.

Seems he was fleeing from a domestic violence incident, he was already on bond for running a girlfriend over. They set it at $1000..

He ran the people over to try and escape from the police, by the looks of it.

6 dead, 1 was 8 years old. 62 injured, some critically.

New bond is $5m.

Unrelated to Rittenhouse by the looks of it, but similarly he'd had some spicy comments on social media. Will be interesting to see if people want them included in the trial.
Do you need a trial for someone who ran over children on camera?

Drainy

Do you need a trial for someone who ran over children on camera?
Guess it depends if he admits guilt or if the state offers a plea deal, but I expect the latter to be unlikely given the crime and if he accepts guilt it's life in prison with no parole.

He might take the trial and hope they mess up since amounts to same punishment. Not like anyone can think less of him at this point.

hobbers

The woman filming it from the car (his current partner I think) only realised he'd been shot by a real gun when she got out and went over to his body. She said she thought it was a paintball gun. You can hear her realisation at the very end.

Carolina Red

Staff

I wanna see a version of that video with "America the Beautiful" playing in the background. Nothing is more American than a mass panic during a mass shooting at a shopping mall during a capitalist driven "big sale" "holiday".

Last edited:

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...in-road-rage-row/ar-AARgxXs?ocid=winp1taskbar

A pregnant librarian was killed after she allegedly pulled a gun on a motorcyclist in a road rage row in Florida.

Sara Nicole Morales, 35, was shot dead by Andrew Derr during a confrontation outside her home in Orange City on 20 November.

The incident began when Ms Morales allegedly intentionally hit Mr Derr’s motorcycle with her car on North Volusia Avenue and fled the scene, the Orange City Police Department said in a news release.

Mr Derr and a witness called police and followed Ms Morales to an intersection where they demanded she stop to await officers’ arrival.

When she refused to pull over, Mr Derr and the witness continued to follow Ms Morales to her home, where she ran inside to grab a handgun, authorities said.

She emerged from the home with her gun and confronted Mr Derr and the witness in the street before being shot multiple times by the motorcyclist.

Ms Morales, who was around five months pregnant, was airlifted to Halifax Health Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead.

She is survived by her fiancé and an 11-year-old daughter.

Mr Derr, who has a concealed carry permit, remained at the scene until police arrived and is said to be cooperating with investigators.

Body camera footage obtained by Fox 35 Orlando shows officers ordering Mr Derr to stay on the ground moments after the shooting.

He is heard telling the officers: “Please don’t shoot me! That girl tried to kill me. She pointed a gun at me.”

As he is placed in handcuffs, Mr Derr says: “I’m so sorry.”

No charges have been filed against Mr Derr as the investigation remains ongoing.

Police said they confirmed his account of the shooting through multiple interviews.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
@Raoul Who has the upper hand in the case? Does the woman had the right to castle doctrine? Or the guy had the right to stand his ground (even though he followed her into her own home)?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

Dr. Dwayne

So the BLM protesters could have shot this crazy woman and nothing would have happened to them?
Debatable because there was a suggestion this was a private/gated community so the protesters legal right to be there would need to be established. If she had shot anyone it may have gotten ugly for her but again debatable because their legal right to be there may have been in question.

Drainy

Debatable because there was as suggestion this was a private/gated community so the protestor's legal right to be there would need to be estsablished. If she had shot anyone it may have gotten ugly for her but again debateable because their legal right to be there may have been in question.
Didn't it turn out that the pistol was deactivated? I remember there being some controversy about the prosecutor instructing the police lab to reactivate the gun.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Why follow an offender? Call the police and let them do their jobs.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Seems a bit complicated given the specifics, but at first glance, it would appear he may not get convicted (assuming they press charges at all) since she would be the aggressor - first by ramming him, then attempting to shoot at him. Prosecutors could make the argument that he pursued her to her home and she only wanted to defend herself and her unborn child, but the defense would simply say that he followed her home and called the authorities on the way (which is easily corroborated) to make sure she was held to account for ramming her car into him.

Complicated, but I would say he will skate.

Last edited:

Dr. Dwayne

Didn't it turn out that the pistol was deactivated? I remember there being some controversy about the prosecutor instructing the police lab to reactivate the gun.
The thing is only one person involved (two at a stretch if we include Vietnam era AR-15 man) would know if the gun was deactivated, so that's not much of a defence and pretty dumb seeing as waving even a deactivated gun around can get you shot.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
15 y/o kid...

And nothing will ever change. Every single gun owner I have met, and where conversation has turned to guns, I have asked if they would give up their guns if they knew it would save one child. Every single one has said no. When the desire to own instruments of death is more important than the desire to save the life of a child, well, I think that says it all.

Raoul

Admin
Staff